Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Audi B7 RS4
subzero 52 44.07%
cool 52 44.07%
uncool 7 5.93%
seriously uncool 7 5.93%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #16
chest3r
Regular User

Cool!!!

The engine is great and the car looks really aggressive 8)
Old 02-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #17
DeMoN
Regular User

I gave it a cool and I didnt like the RS4 before. This redesign yeah made it really nice. Pics taken by TT gave it the extra touch. Nice pics tt.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:03 AM   #18
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

I gave it subzero just because of the engine: a high-revving 4.2 litre naturally aspirated V8 that sounds incredible as well as putting out 414BHP. Too bad the E92 M3 is going to completely blow it away, especially when the sedan version comes out.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 AM   #19
Sir_GT
Regular User

Sub-zero because it's the ultimate small-executive Q-car. Only the people who should know about this car actually know about it. Subtle styling, bonkers performance. Absolutely fucking wicked machine.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 AM   #20
Schwalbe

The Audi RS4 B5 & B7 are simply Sub-Zero !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #21
LotusGT1
Regular User

Uncool. It's a porky AWD sportssedan, very fast, but it still looks boring.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #22
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
I like the looks but beeing a front heavy understeer-durch-technik Audi makes it seriously uncool.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #23
Ghostbat
Regular User

I like the looks but beeing a front heavy understeer-durch-technik Audi makes it seriously uncool.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #24
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by Ghostbat

Dude, if you dont know shit, you shouldnt post shit....get a clue and then come back.....
the new RS are not front heavy and handles great, and the previous front heavy Audis as alot of people like to scream about are in fact not that bad to drive and just to prove my point Audi got the record on the hill climb up pikes peak with their understeer-durch-technik Audi.....and thats an Audi from the 80`s.....

the front heavy thing starts to become boring do you know thew numbers or are you just talking crap cuz you dont know???

my guess are the latest....
I know very well from tests in both magazines and on TV. Fact is that the RS4 is a front heavy car and understeers. For ultimate performance a car should have it's weight as close to the centre of gravity as possible. Not exactly the case with the RS4. I know you are an Audi fan and all but this 40/60 has just made the car slightly less understeery. Maybe you should check under the bonnet and look where the engine is placed.

And no need to say that other people post shit and are cunts just beacuse you don't have you facts right. You are blinded by the love for this brand. Too bad for you but most of us understands what an engine placed in front of the front axle does for the weight blance. And plz learn not to take critisism of a car personally..Grow up a bit and stop saying that other people post shit and are cunts just becuase they don't love your precious understeerer. You are just making a fool of yourself. IMO it's an uncool car that understeers. Face it man..

On and btw your guess "is" not "are". Singular dude . And also it's way too easy to trigger you.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:41 AM   #25
Ghostbat
Regular User

I asked you one simple question about the weight distribution on RS Audis and you failed to tell me, you just went on a rant on how they understeer....what about putting some facts behind those statements for once.....ummm ummmm dont hitt google or anything now cuz since you come down so hard on how front heavy Audis are Im sure you know what the numbers are right or are you just a troll who dont know your shit.....I`ll give you a little hint tough.... its not that far off 50/50 chum, so your rave about understeer are way off and when the car own BMW M`s wich brag about 50/50 they have solved it nicely....going sideways aint the fastest way around a bend, but some posers like to belive it tough....

I didnt call you or anyone who posted a cunt, I called peoplw who come along post a seriously uncool vote or any vote at all without leaving an comment...try and read and understand what you read before you post....

And the day Jabba tells me this forum also are grammar school, I`ll try and not post is where it should be are and vice versa...I wonder who started to become personal.....bitch... :fist:
I doesn't matter what you say. Check out some tests of the B7 RS4 and even you will notice the understeer. Oversteer may not be the fastest way around a track but it also doesn't have to be the slowest. Many F1 drivers setup their cars for oversteer. Anywho I consider oversteer more fun than understeering out in the woods. Audis are meant to be safe cars, that's why they have 4wd and mount the engine so far ahead. That info must have reached Norway too?

Maybe your memory is short but yes you did call someone a cunt. Maybe you've already forgotten what you wrote on the first page in this topic. Getting senile are we? To refresh your mind you called someone a cunt because they didn't like this understeerer. And now calling me a bitch just becuase I don't have my "facts right". Seems kinda childish to me. Little jealous of your "big brother"? Now don't get your panties up in a bunch and get yorself all worked up so you understeer into a tree on your way to work or something. Now I understand how much fun RC45 has with you. You just have to learn to live with that not everyone can love overweight frontheavy understeeres. Have a good one buddy..
Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #26
JoeHahn
Regular User

Last time I checked oversteer doesnt get you efficient, quick lap times. The B7 RS4 puts down good laptimes even when it does understeer. The car does understeer yes, but I think it is Lotus and Ghost who are blinded by the auto media. The auto media just rave over the cars which are fun to drive (aka sideways BMW mobiles). The Audi is a safer, faster alternative on the limit, compared with a BMW. Cool car
Old 02-23-2006, 07:39 AM   #27
LotusGT1
Regular User

I thought performance sedans were bought because of the FUN factor. Otherwise you might as well buy a VW Jetta 1.6. Audi's never surprised me with extremely good handling. BTW, I don't see how BMW's can only go sideways? Why do you guys think 90% of all racecars are RWD? Because they are all piloted by sideway ricers? Get real.

Another point, how is it safer? An AWD might give you the idea that extra grip gives extra safety, but at the limits a general AWD car tends to be more snappy and less forgiving than a general RWD car. AWD might only be safer when the weather is bad, but at normal driving most of the actual safety comes from good tires.

LOL@brembo, trying to make his point by mentioning the pikes peak 1000hp Audi, the car that has less than 1% in common with a production Audi. Seldomly heard such a retarded argument. Funny how you get all pissy though...

The fact that people think the car is uncool or very uncool is also based on PREFERENCES. I give a flying fuck about those who think otherwise and get all riled up because of it. If an RS4 is already subzero, half of the cars on the wall are. What a load of BS.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #28
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Last time I checked oversteer doesnt get you efficient, quick lap times. The B7 RS4 puts down good laptimes even when it does understeer. The car does understeer yes, but I think it is Lotus and Ghost who are blinded by the auto media. The auto media just rave over the cars which are fun to drive (aka sideways BMW mobiles). The Audi is a safer, faster alternative on the limit, compared with a BMW. Cool car

If you want something "safe" what's the point in having 420bhp? And no understeer doesn't have to be faster than oversteer but definetely less entertianing. I believe the B7 RS4 to be a great car but in performance sedans like the previous one and M3:s and AMG:s I think most people enjoy som power oversteer from time to time. The advantage with rwd is that you can make the car slightly understeery for safety but with a lot of power to the rear you can also drive sideways.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #29
LotusGT1
Regular User

LOL yeah right, maybe, and just maybe it will be able to beat it around a track.... even something as simple as an Audi S4 have done that to the previous M..
Audi didnt even have to break out the RS to embarasse the M...if we take into consideration that the new 3 serie look like crap I know what I would choose even before I have seen the new M....
Source: track-challenge.com - The online database of SportAuto supertests.

Now please tell me your definition of "embarrasing around a track".

LOL, the old RS4 is slower than the aging M3 while costing 18.000 euros more, the newer S4 can't keep up with the regular M3 (I'll give you a few seconds for the fact that it's the Avant), and the M3 CSL murders everything in Audi's line-up, including the new RS4.

I can only imagine what the new M3 will do when it comes out. If you're so set beating people "with facts", I suggest you start to cut your own bullshit first....
Old 02-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #30
LotusGT1
Regular User

Its not that they only can go sideways, but Audis dont understeer as bad as some want to make it.....btw Audi ruled dtm with their quattro and won EVERYTHING then they changed the rules so they couldnt compete there anymore, thats why most race cars use rwd, and weight have been an issue too.....
Huh? Sportscars have always been using RWD. Nothing better than NO driveline forces into your steering compartiment. The BMW 3 series is perhaps the most succesful touring car EVER. Audi ruled DTm for only a year, in 2004. I'd hope you'd give a better example.

And when did we start to discuss a general awd car we are discussin RS cars here not fiat panda awd or something else crappy....you are right tough safety comes from good tires as an awd car do not have a larger contact surface than an rwd car, but if you are sideways with an awd car and know how to use it you will get around that bend faster and safer.....rally are a good example...
BS. Besides the fact that rally cars have zero to none in common with streetlegal cars, the conditions are 100% different. Shit has nothing to do with safety. AWD cars ARE snappier at the limits, the RS-line is no example. AWD is merely perceived safety. Maybe easier to manage towards the limit, but definately not AT the limit.
Besides, you haven't shown any proof that the RS cars differ "from a fiat panda awd or something else crappy".

I was just using it as an example, and there are more in common with an S1 wich the pikes peak are and an production Audi than yuo make it out to be the drive line, gearbox housing the engine block and so on are the exact same as you would find in an sport/ur quattero and the first 80 quattros from the eighties, the point with my comment are that the pikes peak wich was front heavy holds the record up pikes peak an record set in 86 or something like that.....thats for an car with front mouned engine....
The whole weight distribution is different, the power, the steering etc. It's a purpose built racecar.

I agree people are allowed to vote what ever they want, but I would like for people to leave a comment when voting.....
I dont think I voted it sub zero tough long time ago since I voted but its cool for sure IMO...and to put it in seriously uncool because someone "think" they understeer are just stupid IMO if soeone are to vote they should at least know what they are voting for....
Well, the car tends to understeer a lot, and I take some experts point of view over yours. It is heavy (LOL@1835kg for the S4), it looks beyond boring and definately not the most fun car you can get --> Uncool.

Still wondering where you got your figures of the S4 embarrasing the M.