Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
eurocopter
Regular User

Default [Fotoshoot] New Audi RS6 Avant

Hey

Today i took a Photoshoot of the brand new RS6 in Southfrance on the International Press Presentation.

Fantastic car with unbelivelble Sound ... and the engine is the best what i´am ever driven.

And here the first pics

Visit: www.timstolzenburg.de

The only thing you are drifting is your mouse around the pad.
eurocopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
silentm
Regular User

ah very nice! a great photoshoot, some excellent pictures but why did they make the car squint? O.o it looks weird
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Lucky man !! You must one of the first to drive it ! Thanks for this report
Old 01-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Plague
Regular User

Oh, how I hate Avants, especially those with RS badge
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Tattoo-
Regular User

Can you please write some of your impressions driving this beast?!
Tattoo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
blue8
Regular User

Thanks! Finally, some update on the RS6!
" And here the first pics"
I'm guessing there's more to come...

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
eurocopter
Regular User

Originally Posted by Tattoo- View Post
Can you please write some of your impressions driving this beast?!
Sorry my English is very bad

Here the Google Translation of our German Text

Le Castellet, France, 25.01.2008: rich Reluctantly, I Audi man at the start line my last race tracks coupon. " Before he can access, I prefer my hand back. No, I will not be my last round decamp. Not now, when I have just the route I had been in the 422mm ceramic brakes and the galaktisch hot Five-litre Bi-turbo V10 warmed. I want to go, the pedal round to round up plate and nailing me from the brutal 580 hp through the vegetable shoot. On the straight run of the combined thickness of up to 230, then the ceramic-anchor and I will be pressed in the belt. It's wonderful! But the series by ...

We are in France, more precisely in Le Castellet. In addition to the season is not really much going on, but nobody really interested today. Together with a few dozen other German motor journalists, I, together with Tim trip to the nearby racetrack Paul Ricard the new Audi RS6 Avant on the tooth to feel. Here, briefly, the basic parameters: Under the hood of S6 and S8 known V10, with two exhaust turbocharger in RS6 however zwangsbeatmet. With up to 0.7 bar press, the two air compressors in the Brennräume. Leistete the engine will S8 yet still 450 hp, it's the RS6 up to 580 hp, and thus by 73 hp at the BMW M5 Touring over. The Audi also has the four-wheel drive ahead of the 650 Newton metres torque consistently in implementing jacking. Oh, I was red, the quattro krallt in the asphalt and can no longer go. In 4.6 seconds go to 100, after only 14.9 sec to 200 cases.

In practice, here is the result of the election lever of the six-speed automatic comes to "S", the foot moves from the brake to the gas pedal and the nails Dingelchen down. Some Sekündchen later flutscht the 65 past and the second course purely bangs, eh provides one's stand at 120 and the third slips. The can then actually make it, because he goes on to make 180 and on rural roads crude humor. Runtergeschaltet only to the Zwischengas and the snap of course to enjoy. Under Malt, the whole sound of a heartbreaking scene. But not in the cockpit. There is nothing as good as the monster under the hood or the Armdicken tailpipes to hear. A pity, really. Even under full load penetrates only a slight hissing on the inmates. What remains are passages tunnel with the windows open. Down in the Second and durchbeschleunigen ... The other motorists are you not understand, but for a RS6 pilots revealed only the power of his patterns. Tim and I were able to enjoy at least not resist, and we still come into the schools, because if we think back. Falling back, full throttle, brakes, pretend to be full ...

Similarly, the subdued sound in the interior, it is also in terms of sportsmanship. The Standard Gestühl is probably better for fast motorway designed stages, because the wild Kurvenhatz thought. And the optional piano lacquer applications fit in my opinion more in a A8 W12 than in this wonderful V10 monster. But those are minor details, in view of the otherwise perfect cockpits. Rein set, go. The steering wheel is great in the hand - a reference Alcantara is missing - the Schaltpaddels revolve fortunately, all switches are where they are expected and the high quality appeal is beyond all suspicion. Damn, you want the real thing no longer stop. Tip!

Now, not exuberant lauds auszubrechen still some small criticisms. First: 106,900 euro? For a combined? Auaaaaa. That is a lot of money. As an M5 Touring costs just 11,900 euros less, and even a sports car, Waschechter Defeat of a Porsche 911 GT3 costs only slightly more (112,544 euros). Secondly, if a combined have so much power and potency, then you should also show his fellow men. Well, the jaws are slightly wider than the S6 and front and rear apron distinguish the good from the Audi RS6, but ... We would have a little more flair RS4 desired.

Let us resume to the new Leitwolfs in the area: This car is the crowning at the Power combos. Not only because of the 580 hp, but mainly because of the legendary Tiptronic and the bestial sounds, each of the sports car is worthy. If money is not everything, and the Porsche because of seat defect is out of the question, then the RS6 definitely the ultimate alternative. And who castrated the 250 km / h top speed is not enough, you can be opposed to the surcharge Semmel also can unlock to 280 (price not yet announced).

Visit: www.timstolzenburg.de

The only thing you are drifting is your mouse around the pad.
eurocopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
MUS911
Regular User

Very nice pics

Thanks
Old 01-25-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

IMO Audi was too conservative with this one. They should have gone a bit mad considering the new RS6 has 10'000 hp or close to it...

Still, brillant photoshoot! Very exclusive!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #10
martin100
Regular User

The car really looks great and much better than the old one! This color is also very nice! Thanks for you work and these great pics!
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
thunderous
Regular User

sweet
thunderous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
Smartdriver
Regular User

Really cool shots! Well done...and very nice the new Audi in blu

www.italiansupercar.net --- My first website about modern and classic supercars
www.smartdriver.it --- My Car Enthusiast website about Smart
Smartdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
Skaala
Regular User

damn... you are very lucky to attend this! Is the tiptronic as fast as I think it is? Can you imagine it with the new MTM 700bhp chip?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #14
komotar
Regular User

I envy you this one so much!

Our team wasn't invited to this presentation, I was a bit sad, because I was never at PR racetrack before ...

but a few days later I found out that I'll be driving the facelifted corvette and a few saab's there on february 20th

thx for the pics man, I like the very much, saved a few!

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I love the understeer shot.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote