Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-21-2006, 02:34 AM   #1
DeMoN
Regular User

Default 12 Hours of Sebring 2006 - JW Coverage

So as you guys know, I went to this event. I got there thursday 10 minutes before the practice session was over. Just in time to see some of the cars and how their disk break's light up at night. What an exprience this race was. I stayed in a tent from Thursday till Saturday night. I honeslty could hear cars entering my left ear and escaping my right ear when I came back to my room to sleep in silence. It was an AMAZING experience. Too bad SPEED coverage was bad.

I was hoping for the Maserati MC12 to be there, I was hoping the Aston Martins DBR9 won their series, I wanted the F430 to beat Porsche and come out first, but not 1 of my wishes were realized. This did not, however, make it even one bit less interesting. It was an amazing race. The Ferrari did quite good, it was in first place for a long time, then second and ended up third losing to Porsche and the Panoz car. Panoz have a raicing school in that track so they must have an advantage.

Well, obviously many carmaniacs like myself went there, many of them were rich (took thier RV's and satellite dishes which let me see Formula 1 qualifying heh), and that means many car pictures. Cars = Beauty = Girls involved. So yeah, I got some pictures of the baccardi girls and bikini contest aswell.

Sorry for my poor quality camera (it's a Sony DSC-T1), but at least I got some pictures and videos.

Note: Look for lights in the side of the cars, they represent both class, and position (Cars with no lights on their sides mean they are not on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd position within its' class).
1ST = 1 light
2ND = 2 lights
3RD = 3 lights

LMPT1 = RED
LMPT2 = BLUE
GT1 = GREEN
GT2 = YELLOW

http://www.demonwares.net/galleries - ENJOY!!!

Currently uploading and leaving overnight. Some pictures/videos wont be available till after 2 hours of my post time. Videos will be uploaded last
DeMoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:54 AM   #2
bmagni
Regular User

cool, thnx, the pics are great, and some rare sightings there !
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:30 AM   #3
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Thx for the nice pics DeMoN , some great cars there

The ladies aren`t bad either
Old 03-21-2006, 03:56 AM   #4
DeMoN
Regular User

Damn, I had to regroup the car images. They are spread apart. Now I will re-upload so if you get some errors seeing the car pics, then just go for the ladies and videos lol!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:02 AM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

Check out the night videos. One of them, you can see the F430 GT's break go reall hot.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:31 AM   #6
DeMoN
Regular User

Ok so now it should be working 100%

If someone finds some error, plz PM me or post it here. Damn that took a long time to do.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Thanks! Nice galleries! I just have problem: in Mozilla I can't save the pics LOL. Right clicking them only gives me the usual options for a link only... open link, open in new tab, save link, bookmark or save the whole page.. but can't save the simple jpg file while it works ok in Explorer.. weird, first time I see such a bug
Old 03-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Thanks! Nice galleries! I just have problem: in Mozilla I can't save the pics LOL. Right clicking them only gives me the usual options for a link only... open link, open in new tab, save link, bookmark or save the whole page.. but can't save the simple jpg file while it works ok in Explorer.. weird, first time I see such a bug
WTF! you are right!

Not only that, but when you use IE to view the pictures, there is a fade effect or something. That is some weird stuff. I'll see what I can do.

What img gallery generator do u youse TT? Oh and also, do you put your swisscarsightings.com logo on every picture or do you have some automation tool that does it for you?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #9
DeMoN
Regular User

Ok I think I found the mistake. The Gallery generator had a "easy navigation" enabled which allowed you to click the right site of the pic to go to next and left side to go back. I disabled that, now, saving images should work. Feedback greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #10
Schwalbe

This is a very great 12 Hours of Sebring 2006 multimedia coverage.

Special thanks to you Demon for the B7 RS4 & S8 V10 pictures, chicks pix and cool videos.

Cheers.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #11
chest3r
Regular User

Really good pics !! And some rare cars too !!

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:21 PM   #12
DeMoN
Regular User

All I know is I cant wait to go there next year. Even better, cant wait to sign up for panoz racing school.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #13
sameerrao
Regular User

Nice pics there Leo.

Looks like you had a fantastic time. :good:

The 250 GTO Spyder looks a 275 GTS with the nose of a 250 GTO. SOmething is fishy ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:27 AM   #14
iraghava
Regular User

Thanks Demon lovely pics there and some very nice cars. Hope you had a ball!

Reality is just an illusion caused by a lack of Alcohol. - Sir Johnny Walker

Senator Hillary Clinton called for President Bush to begin pulling troops out of Iraq next year. And let me tell you something, when it comes to telling a president when to pull out, no one has more experience than Hillary Clinton. - Jay Leno
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #15
Wutputt
Regular User

That's what I call a decent coverages: pics and vids, cars and girls, the race and the cars in the parking lot / paddock.

Thanks for sharing Demon!!
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote