Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #1
davidoff
Regular User

Default Alonso the new Schumaher

In 2 year and with a good car(the renault is not bad but it has a lack of power and the most important thing....it`s FRENCH)Alonso will win the champion ship(i`m sorry for Button and Kimi)
davidoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
BADMIHAI
Regular User

it`s FRENCH
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

He makes a fair bit of mistakes today .......... if it wasn't for the great traction and good low-end of the Renault engine, he would have been passed by Button a few laps earlier. So does Kimi, he could have won today (of course I am a schumi fan, so I hope he didn't).....Last but not least, he is quite cocky. He is the most fequent finger giver in the whole F1 grid.

Quoted:
Alonso also claimed if he was sitting in Rubens Barrichello's sister Ferrari, "I could beat [Michael] Schumacher. He is just a driver like everyone else."
Old 07-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

For me the futur one formula 1 champion is going to be among Alonso, Raikonnen, Button, and Webber....once i see that JP Montoya is not very young, and Michael Schumacher is still fit for an uncertain period......but just to assure that Alonso is going to win the championship, and say sorry Kimi, Jenson...is a very risky answer
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
Toronto
Regular User

Default Re: Alonso the new Schumaher

Originally Posted by davidoff
In 2 year and with a good car(the renault is not bad but it has a lack of power and the most important thing....it`s FRENCH)Alonso will win the champion ship(i`m sorry for Button and Kimi)

Schumi won his first 2 titles with a team that is FRENCH so what is your point? and i think the renault has more power then the bmw this year?
Are you tring to say that champions win in french cars ?
Old 07-25-2004, 06:44 PM   #6
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I think he may be a future champion..but I dont think there will be another M.S. for a very long time..thats assuming that anyone will ever be able to dominate in the same way he has for the past several years...
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 04:43 PM   #7
davidoff
Regular User

For example in barcelona if he had 2 laps more...he was just behind schumaher. He is the yougest pilot to win a race

the Bar is going very well and you could see that at the end of the straight the bar sticked to his tail but alonso didn`t let him pass.until he had a problem with his car and he started to 1:18s and when he solved it he went 1:15s

Until yesterday renault always gave the best motor to trully and this has only changed because he said he is going to toyota.

The thing about the french cars was a joke the truth is that without the oportunity that renault has given to him we would have had to wait much more to see alonso.lets wait to hungary that there is where the last evo comes and they say is very promising...
Old 07-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto

Schumi won his first 2 titles with a team that is FRENCH so what is your point? and i think the renault has more power then the bmw this year?
No way have BMW got less power than renault. Renault has probably got the least power out of the top teams
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:31 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

I don't know about aero package...but F1 commentators keep saying that they have the best chassis coz they have the best low-speed traction. As for their engine, yeah, they have the least amount of power, but bare in mind that that's a very very old block and it runs on lower-revs. So torque-wise, they have a bigger advantage.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #10
davidoff
Regular User

the motor that has the most hp is the toyota but sato keeps breaking it and panis is not bad (but the new car didn`t work )but i think the chasis is not on the some level.
this renault motor I think is the one 2 year ago because last year they were working on a 60º really flat and small engine but it turned to be crap.

And about the renault lack of power i`m not talking about the Jurasic with turbo or when J.Villenev won.

yes MS is very very good but you can`t say that what he did 1994 and 1996 with DHill was not exactly fair play, and dangerous .it said a lot about him
Old 07-26-2004, 08:00 PM   #11
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by toronto

No way have BMW got less power than renault. Renault has probably got the least power out of the top teams
Renault has more torque and grip off the line in slow corners but BAR has better top end power and speed which is why Button was able to really close up at the end of the straight into the hairpin but Alonso was able to pull away from the hairpin. The torque benefit is masking its top end power deficit. I think Renault will look good in Hungary - another place wher torque and grip count. By the way this not just my opinion this is what Steve Matchett of Speed Channel also had to say.

It will take more than winning a championship to become the next Schumacher. Note: Mika hakkinen won 2 championships but he is with due respect no Schumacher ...

this renault motor I think is the one 2 year ago because last year they were working on a 60º really flat and small engine but it turned to be crap.
I don't know about aero package...but F1 commentators keep saying that they have the best chassis coz they have the best low-speed traction. As for their engine, yeah, they have the least amount of power, but bare in mind that that's a very very old block and it runs on lower-revs. So torque-wise, they have a bigger advantage.
It was 111 degree engine. A 60 degree would a taller than norm engine. All the other engines are 90 degrees. This year Renault has reverted to a 72 degree engine. And it is a new design engine block by the way - take a look at the following link http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s208/st22631.htm

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
It was 111 degree engine. A 60 degree would a taller than norm engine. All the other engines are 90 degrees. This year Renault has reverted to a 72 degree engine. And it is a new design engine block by the way - take a look at the following link http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s208/st22631.htm
Thanx for the heads up Sameerrao...I thought they were using 72 degree design before the 111.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:10 PM   #13
Toronto
Regular User

that is why they had the low power car 110+degree

but there new engine they had at mid season (for the canadian GP) they added 55bhp to the car, and they said it has more power then the current BMW engine
Old 07-27-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
chipanggo
Regular User

i can't help but disagree with the phrasing of this topic. shumacher is schumacher. alonso is alonso. there can only be one schumacher. the more correct topic title for this should be: alonso: the next superstar. just my two cents.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:07 AM   #15
mindgam3
Regular User

BMW have one of the most powerful engines in F1, about the same, or maybe even more powerful than ferraris - its just ferrari have a much better overall package with better aerodyamics and chassis.

Renault wanted to use a 110 degree engine as they thought this would benefit them as it as a lower centre of gravity and produces less vibrations.

However as has been the trend this year, teams have discovered that a tight rear end is key to improving air flow to the rear wing and hence more downforce. With a 110 degree engine this would make the rear wider so they reverted to the "standard" 72. There was probably other reasons but im pretty sure this was the main one
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote