Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-22-2004, 09:46 AM   #16
Josh
Regular User

The F1 car has 4 wheels wereas the bike only has to so theres more grip for the car giving it better braking and cornering speed
I can remember watching jeremy clarson race a top class road bike which cud do 0-60 in 3.5 vs a porsche 911 C2 an the car won by a second
Old 07-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #17
3D_CARD
Regular User

A bike can do no better grip than a 911 Carrera 4 in the corner and under braking, but a F1 can easily pull -5g braking and over 5g cornering, no hope for biker at all unless I'm behind the wheel of a F1 car!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #18
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Originally Posted by twboy1999
i read before, or heard there was video of rossi vs ferrari f1 in a straight line.. the f1 lost to the superbike
so is really amazing
I think you read/heard wrong, as F1 cars can do 360~km/h at the end of monza straight and I know if they had more road they could hit about 450km/h.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:40 PM   #19
caugb
Regular User

The only advantage the bike has is the smaller frontal section. In a quarter mile competition, maybe the motorcycle can win. In any circuit, curve speed will make the difference. Remove the front and back wings (like old time F1 cars or some monoposts with only front wings) and we can see real competition here.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:38 PM   #20
dons5
Regular User

a bike is not faster then an F1 car in long sweeping corners cause itsm ore narrow lol, thats prob one of the type of corners and F1 car would kill it the most long high speed turns and quick direction changes