Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-18-2004, 08:59 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
did you change them out or leave them? you said the only redeaming guality was the engine, so I figured
I have left the aluminium forks in for now... Folks that are very abusive to their tranny's have had to get the steel forks, ala-Viper, installed...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:02 PM   #32
Vansquish
Regular User

The CTS for 2004 and 2005 has an uprated version of the 3.6L V6 with 255bhp...it is indeed faster than the Honda Accord, though I think that it still looks pretty horrid and the build quality is somewhat lacking. The CTS-V is very nice, but again, it can't stand comparison to BMW in terms of build quality even if it does perform similarly to the E39 M5.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:53 PM   #33
hemi_fan
Regular User

aw man, they are making all their cars look like that... i mean, its nice, but wheres the variety!?!?! I think they should've kept the STS how it was, and just did a RWD convert. then that car wouldve kicked ass. Is the Tremec a very good tranny? Did they use that in the Camaros/F-Birds? because on the Mustang forums, they are always saying how our T5 is far superiour to the Camaro/Bird trannys in reliability, and better gear ratios. However, I know the 6-speed provides excellent mileage, but I dont think they are the same tranny...

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:30 PM   #34
Vansquish
Regular User

The interesting thing is that this topic was opened under the heading "STS-V caught at N-ring"...that's the STS-V not the CTS-V...makes me wonder if the STS is still front wheel drive in "V" trim. I certainly doubt it'll compete with anything larger like the 7 series or E or S-class in any trim, much less AMG tune.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 05-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
The interesting thing is that this topic was opened under the heading "STS-V caught at N-ring"...that's the STS-V not the CTS-V...makes me wonder if the STS is still front wheel drive in "V" trim. I certainly doubt it'll compete with anything larger like the 7 series or E or S-class in any trim, much less AMG tune.
We know it is the STS - the discussion moved to the CTS - please try keep up.. we know it is difficult for you Ford guys to understand more than 3 concepts at once - but jeees man...
Old 05-18-2004, 11:50 PM   #36
blah
Regular User

O i got the stats from the 03 CTS model, but a Accord Coupe will beat a 04/05 so im only partyly wrong 8) Anyways its becoming rather sad when alot of american domestic sedans can be smoked by a Honda Accord.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:58 AM   #37
Vansquish
Regular User

Hahaha...sorry about that man...didn't really see where the convo switched

Old 05-19-2004, 02:14 AM   #38
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
We know it is the STS - the discussion moved to the CTS - please try keep up.. we know it is difficult for you Ford guys to understand more than 3 concepts at once - but jeees man...
Sorry. atleast our Concepts get made.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:59 AM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Too little - too late... all you had was a couple dozen GT40's in the 60's - the 2000 Cobra R and now the $160,000+ GT... pales in comparison to having the defacto standard American Sports car for 51 years..

No - wait... I almost forgot... you also had the Edsel.. my bad...
Old 05-19-2004, 03:04 AM   #40
Vansquish
Regular User

Hey hey...cool it guys...no need to get testy over this. GM has it's upsides and downsides as does Ford, and if you want to get even more involved, you could say that Chrysler does a better job getting its concepts produced than either Ford or GM.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #41
FoxFour
Regular User

I can see their next product... The super-Escalade-V series...

They are about to take a good thing and give it the GM-let's-fuck-it-over-to-sell-more-units-while-the-quality-and-original-intent-goes-down-the-crapper-but-who-cars-our-stock-price-went-up treatment...

---oh, and it will get some gold-trim and stickers - and an extra markup.... ...and 22"-blade-spinners for the rappers....
Don't laugh RC, they are testing a V spec Escalade. I wish I saved the link. I subscribe to a auto manufacture insider newsletter and there are reports of V spec 'Slades driving around with either V-10 or V-12 engines. I think these vehicles are the next gen models.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:43 PM   #42
nthfinity
Regular User

Don't laugh RC, they are testing a V spec Escalade. I wish I saved the link. I subscribe to a auto manufacture insider newsletter and there are reports of V spec 'Slades driving around with either V-10 or V-12 engines. I think these vehicles are the next gen models.
lol... poor gm. as long as our 6' black rappers buy them, they may almost turn a profit....... naw
Old 05-19-2004, 03:10 PM   #43
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Too little - too late... all you had was a couple dozen GT40's in the 60's - the 2000 Cobra R and now the $160,000+ GT... pales in comparison to having the defacto standard American Sports car for 51 years..

No - wait... I almost forgot... you also had the Edsel.. my bad...
Anyone whos company makes a SS version of the Cavalier. Uhum Colbolt SS replacement for cavalier shouldnt talk thine shit.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:42 AM   #44
4RCD3S4
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
I know what your saying they have fucked "some" :roll: things up in the past, but they seem to be playing right with this line of cars. hell the STS-V isn't even slated for a couple years down the road.

EDIT: the appearance package would be a huge ego boost to some young dad driving his stock V6 accord outrunning a supposedly CTS-V
The standard CTS with the new 3.6 liter V6 is still a quick car. 0-60 in the 6 second range and quarter mile just under 15 seconds. He'll give the accord a good run for the money
Old 05-27-2004, 11:35 AM   #45
Vansquish
Regular User

I thought I should change my argument a little...as it turns out, the STS is going to be on a new Rear-drive platform, so all that power WILL be going to the right place after all.