Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-24-2004, 11:29 AM   #46
abarth
Regular User

I agree with you Kawa KKK the best rally driver ever, and henry toivonen.
i like too Colin McRae he is absolutley mad

my favourites:
1 ferrari enzo
2 ferrari 360 challenge stradale
3 lamborghini miura
4 lamborghini diablo se30
5 porsche carrera gt
abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #47
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

gotta go with schumacher....
he gets paid to drive ferraris, how can you top that one???
Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #48
italian_stalion_32
Regular User

definatly Michael Shumacher because he'll beet you even if he has a worse car than you and he kind of proved that last year because of the tires, he had bridgestone and the others had michelline, and the michellines had such an edge over the bridgestones but Shumi still won the Championship, and also Giancarlo Fisichella because he is does very well in not to good of a car (last year) and those two drivers are such smart drivers and drive so smooth
the way they drive is an art
italian_stalion_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:09 AM   #49
vincentq4
Regular User

[quote="stradale"]Being a dutchman I can't leave out Jos Verstappen of course. I wish he finally had a car in which he could prove himself.quote]

Yeah I agree... Jos the boss is one of those drivers that fell through the statistical cracks and never had a competitive car so he had to take agresive measures sometimes.....even though he did drive full-out all the time..like crashing into ppl from behind....that is effort in trying to commit to corners better than the strong engined cars in front of him over braking. He did an excellent job in Malaysia in the arrows in the rain a couple of years ago...or was it three years....I truely enjoyed that race...it showed that he is good to be in the top teams...!!!
vincentq4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:13 AM   #50
tanelvali
Regular User

Markko Märtin (Martin), M. Schumacher, Ayrton Senna (R.I.P.), Jean Alesi, M. Doohan. Also Kankkunen, Vatanen.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:09 PM   #51
PlayboyGene
Regular User

Best F1 Driver - Kimi Raikkonen & Michael Schumacher
Best Past Drivers - Walter Rohrl, Aryton Senna
Best Formula BMW USA Driver - Hopefully me if I can get the funding.
PlayboyGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:22 AM   #52
kompak
Regular User

my favorite race driver would be my countryman which is Karamjit Singh.....he drove PERT Rally Team (Gr. N)....i like the way he drive....the quality of his driving is at the same level with most of the Gr.A rally drivers......right now he's one of the contender for the Gr.N championship title this year
of course, underneath pretty body everything had to be toughened up. The driveshaft are made from granite, the computer-guided suspension has been re-programmed and you have a sort of brakes...used to stop tanks. - Jeremy Clarkson reviews on Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG

kompak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 03:43 AM   #53
jpatino03
Regular User

Juan Manuel Fangio! Stuff like the legendary '57 German GP brings a tear to my eye. Gilles was also great because he was crazy. Those guys were heroes, much more so than Schumi or any other modern driver.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:52 AM   #54
crsbarnard
Regular User

I agree, Ayrton Senna was the best in F1 - he was the master of qualifying and his wet weather driving ability was unmatched. The first lap of Donington '93 showcased this. He passed Schumacher, Wendlinger, Hill, and finally Prost like they were standing still. All this before the end of the first lap. Amazing.
To race a car through a turn at maximum speed, is difficult, but to race a car through that same turn when there is a brick wall on one side and a precipice on the other - Ah, that's an achievement." - Sir Stirling Moss
crsbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:21 PM   #55
brandonrambo
Regular User

There are 2 definitely for me:

1. Kimi Raikkonen
Because he's got an attitude that just separates him from all the rest. Bascially he's a driving machine and doesn't give a fuck about anything else really. His 1st row qualifying lap of Spa in 2002 still makes me shiver!

2. Jan Magnussen
He was the biggest thing since Senna when he broke on to the F1 radar with Steward GP. Broke Senna's record for most wins in a season of Formula 3. I've heard stories about him getting out of the car on a test day and lighting up a cigarette while going over the data. Just don't give a damn about what anyone thinks about him, but still an amazing driver who's got amazing feel for any car he drives.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #56
brandonrambo
Regular User

There are 2 definitely for me:

1. Kimi Raikkonen
Because he's got an attitude that just separates him from all the rest. Bascially he's a driving machine and doesn't give a fuck about anything else really. His 1st row qualifying lap of Spa in 2002 still makes me shiver!

2. Jan Magnussen
He was the biggest thing since Senna when he broke on to the F1 radar with Steward GP. Broke Senna's record for most wins in a season of Formula 3. I've heard stories about him getting out of the car on a test day and lighting up a cigarette while going over the data. Just don't give a damn about what anyone thinks about him, but still an amazing driver who's got amazing feel for any car he drives.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #57
Silvia_Drift
Regular User

Of course Micheal Schumacher and Ayrton Senna but I also like Peter Solberg (GO SUBARU!) and Keichi Tschyia(sp?).
Old 04-30-2004, 12:42 AM   #58
sameerrao
Regular User

Of today's drivers I would certainly pick Michael for obvious reasons.

But my all-time pick is the incomparable Tazio Nuvolari - 'Nivola'. The man certainly patented the four wheel drift and had an indomitable spirit. He was certainly not antiseptic like today's drivers - had a lot of bravado, spit and fire.

Enzo Ferrari who had the fortune of having several great drivers work for him - Antonio Ascari, Alberto Ascari, Fangio, Gilles Villeneuve, Niki Lauda, etc, - felt that Nuvolari was the greatest of them all.

The man was a fighter and drove competitively till his early fifties - through numerous broken bones (most famously in the Monza bike GP where he drove with a cast on both his feet), sickness (he used to cough blood in the later part of his career due to petrol fumes), whatever.

His victory in Nurburgring in 1935 shcoked everyone when he overcame the superior Mercedes and Auto Union cars with his Alfa that was pretty outdated by then.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #59
N.J.
Regular User

In Australia, I like Jim Richards, Mark Skaife & Peter Brock

In the UK, I like Timothy 'TIFF' Needell & Jason Plato (great drifters! )

In Germany, I like Walter Rohyl (Porsche Factory Driver) & Stefan Roser (RUF Factory Driver & star of the 'Faszination On The Nurburgring' video)

Overall, TIFF gets my vote - simply because I was always interested in Motoring, but HE is the one who got me REALLY interested.

In short, he put the FUN back into Motoring for me (back in '98 and I haven't looked back since)
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #60
F360spider
Regular User

Michael Schumacher or no body
F360spider is offline   Reply With Quote