Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-20-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
zr2man99
Regular User

Default Petit LeMans

Anybody catch this on Speed Channel? I actually went to the race (I live really close by to Road Atlanta). It was pretty eventful. There was about 7-8 cautions. Seemed like every hour they had a LONG caution. I only saw one wreck however. It was already dark and a 911 was coming down the hill. Somehow his front end lifted about 5 inches off the ground and his back end came lose. He smacked a cement wall going about 150mph. After he hit the wall he spun 3 more times and somehow amazingly recovered and headed to the pits. This all happened right in front of me. Pretty cool. My vette boys let me down. :cry: There wasn't as many cars as there were last year. The field was relatively small 36 cars or something. 9 or 8 dropped out so there wasn't that many cars out there. Last year there was over 45 cars.

It has been a pretty good season of the ALMS. The Dyson boys actually beat audi and the GTS battle between ferrari and chevy has been excellent. I hope next year that Lambo will join the battle and be competitive.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:53 AM   #2
HoboPie
Regular User

Well I don't know about Lambo joining alms, but there is a chance they will be at Lemans itself.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:21 AM   #3
666fast
Regular User

Vici Racins is getting one of the Mucielago R-GT's, which they are supposed to run next year. They were supposed to run a Diablo GTR this year, but never got past the testing phase.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:47 AM   #4
blah
Regular User

how did vette let you down? They still won the manufacturing championship. My thoughts on next year. I want Lambo to join with its Murcielgo, and i want Ford to join with its GT both to join the GTS competition. Also for GTS i want Dodge to actually back Team Viper, i mena the viper is the most powerful car out their, and gets its ass handed to it every race, and maybe 2005 actually make a contest with its 2005 Mustang in the GT competition.