Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #16
Vansquish
Regular User

Somehow the idea of a VW in Formula 1 just sounds wrong. The company was started to produce the Beetle, something that was the car of the masses for Nazi Germany, and because of the ensuing war, there wasn't much in the way of racing, formula one or otherwise for several years there...so the concept of VW in that upper echelon of racing is just wrong. Besides which, they made the minibus...you practically had to push the damn thing up any hills you ran into hehehe.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 03:37 AM   #17
novass
Regular User

i dont like this either. i wish each company could stand alone, im sick of this platform/engine sharing bullshit.

fuck we should buy ferrari, think about it, we could all have completely custom ferraris, tailored to our every whim. and if we cant afford it, we should steal it.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:54 AM   #18
espen
Regular User

Hey, dont beat up Audi for bailing out poor old broke Lambo :x have you forgotten how good new Lambos are? Perhaps you would you have preferred GM, or to let Chrysler continue killing it?

I've driven a Countach 5000 Qv and seriously, I'd like to love the car but driving it is a joke. The steering is so heavy you need both hands just to make a gentlie sweeper, the gear shift is clumsy and heavy, the clutch is redicolously heavy and the ride is so firm you feel like something is seriously wrong.

And now even evo magazine halis Gallardo as a 100% usable supercar! Italien flair and german engineering, what could possibly be better?
espen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:36 AM   #19
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by espen
Italien flair and german engineering, what could possibly be better?
Italian soul maybe??
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #20
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by alondahan
Italian soul maybe??
As long as it's not German flair and Italian engineering. To be honest I think the Italian flair is lacking a litttle on the new Lamborghinis.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:35 PM   #21
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
Originally Posted by alondahan
Italian soul maybe??
As long as it's not German flair and Italian engineering. To be honest I think the Italian flair is lacking a litttle on the new Lamborghinis.
I think it's lacking a lot
audi has ruined the raging bull. the Diablo (and the Countach before that, and the Miura before that) was sensational, outrageous, wonderful. now they're not.
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote