Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
rave426
Regular User

Default Just Drove an '07 Z06..........Holy Hell

I ran by a car dealership today and drove a Silver Z06 Vette.............All I can say is GOT DAMN!

The way that car pulls is literaly intoxicating. Just to test it out I juiced it in 2nd going about 10 mph and waited to see what happened. When I say I was seeing the hp curve that RC posted up on the other thread as I was accelerating I am not joking.

The car I drove had limited rubber and it was quite an eye opener when I was still gunning in 2nd gear, hit the ~450hp range and the tires went to shit. Nothing more nerve racking than when a 505hp car that ISNT yours decides to wash its rear end out a bit

IMO the ride is not as bad as every one makes it out to be. The steering isnt quite as direct as some of Germany sport cars, but its not far from it!

It was a short drive, but a real eye opener to what the car can do. I have never felt power like that before............

My contemplation to save up for a Z06 just got that much harder.

Anyone else driven one??
Old 02-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Now that you have tasted 427ci's worth of torque there is no going back....

But you dont have to wait till you have the $55,000 saved for a used C6 Z... step there in smaller steps - start with a C5 Z, and then upgrade it till you are satisfied hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
rave426
Regular User

Yeah I know I could do that, but I was never a huge fan of the looks of the C5. The C5 Z is not bad looking, but the C6 is just outstanding to me. If I wanted a C5 I could get that now, but I know I would be upset with myself that I didnt wait to get the C6.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
styla21
Regular User

Rave, nice report. Good luck with your goal in getting a Z06! Bang-for-buck, it can't be beat.
A z06 is close to $181,000USD, if I was to import one and convert it to RHD in Australia!

(Are you guys from the U.S aware of any LHD-RHD conversion places?)
Old 02-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
enzoferrari
Regular User

Awesome,I want to drive one 2,I'll love to own one,the Z06 is a supercar killer.
at Miami International AutoShow

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2360/img1853ld6.jpg

Mod Edit: No direct linking imageshack to MW, No direct image tags on images wider then 800 pixels

Last edited by nthfinity; 02-25-2008 at 11:41 AM.
enzoferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
STiInYourEye
Regular User

I have gotten to drive one, as well, and it is extremely impressive. I drove it after a Ford GT, and the Z06 felt almost as fast, plus it was easier to drive. I have never been a huge vette fan, but the C6 Z06 completely won me over. It is really a world-class sports car.
STiInYourEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by STiInYourEye View Post
I have gotten to drive one, as well, and it is extremely impressive. I drove it after a Ford GT, and the Z06 felt almost as fast, plus it was easier to drive. I have never been a huge vette fan, but the C6 Z06 completely won me over. It is really a world-class sports car.
Easier to drive then the GT? In what respect? PArking is easier... as is backing up.... but other then that?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
STiInYourEye
Regular User

In the GT, the clutch pick-up point didn't feel natural and the throttle was extremely sensitive, so while I never stalled it, I was never really comfortable starting from a stop. Also, for me, the driving position was much more comfortable in the Z06. I had to lean too far back and kind of hunch my head down in the GT (but I am a little taller than average). While the GT never felt out of control at all, on small back roads, it felt a little too wide, plus the fact that I had all that torque to manage with no traction control safety net was always in the back of my mind! I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy the GT- it was extremely fun and ungodly fast, but I was just surprised at how much I liked the Z06.
STiInYourEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 AM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

The clutch felt very easy to modulate.... pick up point was very similar to the Mustang, and natural to me.... maybe an aftermarket clutch in the GT you drove? or maybe low miles? Clutche's need to be broken in... the two I drove were both 1000's of miles in.

The GT breaking loose is VERY controlable.... remember, the engine is over the rear axle... and the suspension is very very very well set up for stability, and grip.

as to the tallness thing... I myself am 6'2" and fit in the GT with enough room for a helmet... considering that I'm a tall torso .... so i suppose your taller?

I've had the pleasure of being in a GT on the track too... and the car is incredibly well planted, even on hard 2nd gear exits with 600 rwhp.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:28 AM   #10
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426 View Post
Yeah I know I could do that, but I was never a huge fan of the looks of the C5. The C5 Z is not bad looking, but the C6 is just outstanding to me. If I wanted a C5 I could get that now, but I know I would be upset with myself that I didnt wait to get the C6.
I feel the same way about it
Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #11
04RCSTI
Regular User

Im starting to really consider this car instead of the M3 now, I will definitely test drive one this week.

I still think the M is a better everyday car with more creature comforts than the Z, but coming from an STI, I think I'll be more than pleased with the build quality of both.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
04RCSTI
Regular User

I Actually test drove an M3 and a C6 Z51(?) today back to back within 45 minutes.

In summary, felt like i was driving the M3, felt like the C6 was driving me. Granted the torque on the C6 is awesome and the car didnt feel quite as slushy as I expected. Love the gearing and the presence of the vette, but the M3 as a car is much more refined and filled with technology.

Hopefully RC45 Reads this haha, Dont tell me I didnt give the Vette a chance. Going to test the C6 Z06 tomorrow, can't wait to feel the power.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
Hopefully RC45 Reads this haha, Dont tell me I didnt give the Vette a chance. Going to test the C6 Z06 tomorrow, can't wait to feel the power.
I could have told you any Vette Coupe would be a wallary over weight plastic pig compared to any Z

But chances are the C6 Z will also be "too much car" for you
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:59 AM   #14
fordgt84
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426 View Post
dude go on and save for the C6 Z06, ain't nothing worse than spending loads of money on another car that's a little similar to the one u want and then regreting it... keep on checking ebay, u might find an angry divorcee trying to piss of her ex-husband by selling one for 2 dollars
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

some Z06 pics i took at the miami show

PS- i have to agree, in the US, the Z06 is an awesome daily car

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote