Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
what about the rear of the car.... the license plate?
I havent found a pic of the rear yet, but I mean - fitted drivers door pillar spotlight, black door handles, chrome hubcaps... that sure looks like a detective or undercover pursuit vehicle..

We could assume grandma bought it at a police auction, but those look like 2006 model year hubcaps. I dont think that 2006 government vehicles would already be up for overmilage auctions.

Last edited by RC45; 02-18-2008 at 04:32 PM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #17
gobs3z
Regular User

If you look at image #3 all the undercover cars at the scene have the same black mirrors and trim.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z View Post
If you look at image #3 all the undercover cars at the scene have the same black mirrors and trim.
Good call.

It doesn't matter how this one plays out, it's going to be a legal mess.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #19
STiInYourEye
Regular User

I am in Baltimore, Md. I guess this took place closer to DC, but still not too far away. RIP to the victims.
STiInYourEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #20
gigdy
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Drag strips with side walls 99.8% of the time protect people on the other side of those walls from cars that have lost control.

The story I posted didn't tell the full story.... the car that crashed into the people lining the highway wasn't either of the cars that were "drag racing" but chasing, and perhaps filming those two cars... which police are looking for at the moment.

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
thank you!
"The underground pastime took a deadly turn before 4 a.m. Saturday, when a sedan that was not part of the race plowed into a group of fans that had spilled into the roadway, just after two racing cars had sped off. "

The street racers were stupid for racing. The crowd was moronic for running into the middle of a street. The crown vic was who know what but probably partly to blame. I have heard reports the vic driver didnt have lights on. Anyway they are all to blame and uniquely retarted. Also the driver of the crown vic died at the hospital.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy View Post
"The underground pastime took a deadly turn before 4 a.m. Saturday, when a sedan that was not part of the race plowed into a group of fans that had spilled into the roadway, just after two racing cars had sped off. "

The street racers were stupid for racing. The crowd was moronic for running into the middle of a street. The crown vic was who know what but probably partly to blame. I have heard reports the vic driver didnt have lights on. Anyway they are all to blame and uniquely retarted. Also the driver of the crown vic died at the hospital.
Interesting about the driver dying - this adds another kink to the story if he was partt of a LE operation, as the "official" story might never be known.

If he/she was just driving along (in what looks like a government issue Corwn Vic) minding their own business with their lights off and they accidently ran over the crwod stupidly standing in the road, it still will make for an interesting story.

I think we will never hear the real story....
Old 02-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #22
enzoferrari
Regular User

Thats very sad.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #23
gigdy
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Interesting about the driver dying - this adds another kink to the story if he was partt of a LE operation, as the "official" story might never be known.

If he/she was just driving along (in what looks like a government issue Corwn Vic) minding their own business with their lights off and they accidently ran over the crwod stupidly standing in the road, it still will make for an interesting story.

I think we will never hear the real story....

What is the most common sign of Drunk driving? Driving without headlights. makes you wonder.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy View Post
What is the most common sign of Drunk driving? Driving without headlights. makes you wonder.
This is very true...
Old 02-19-2008, 02:35 AM   #25
79TA
Regular User

I think it was definitely a service crown vic at some point. It is very possible that it had been retired quite some time ago and was someone's cheap hot rod that they picked up at auction.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:57 AM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
I think it was definitely a service crown vic at some point. It is very possible that it had been retired quite some time ago and was someone's cheap hot rod that they picked up at auction.
Except it looks like it an '06 model - looks way too clean for an ex-service vehicle.

I am not sur eabout other cities, but around Houston, by the time the Crown Vics get up for auciton, they are really wore out.

Not saying it's impossible, bu tit looks new enogh to still be in use. WHo knows, maybe it was just a city or county employee that took a pool car home - and the lights off at 3.00am part i smaybe because of a little drinkin and drivin... and they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 AM   #27
79TA
Regular User

Yea, that car is really clean. It'd be pretty disgusting if someone was trying to cause trouble by rushing in with a cop-looking car. Of course, whether they were actual cops or posers, I don't know.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote