Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
redbaron
Regular User

Default Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris

A contour preview of the offroader of Spyker. This is a SSUV ( Super Sport Utility Vehicle) called D12 Peking-to-Paris and will be presented at the Geneva motorshow. It is a concept car, with the possibility to production when there is a lot of interest. It will be revealed at 28th of February.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
gucom
Regular User

with a sportscar i understand how you can make it with this cool spyker old-fashioned style...but an SUV??? im VERY doubtful about this...
Old 02-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
redbaron
Regular User

Some pics of the building of the concept car

bablefished story from www.autovisie.nl:

On Tuesday are first SUV reveal Spyker in Genève. During an exclusive visit to the factory in Coventry we made photograph of D12 Peking-to-Paris in gestation and noted down we the first information on the car.

Spyker would not be if it came with zomaar a competitor for the Porsche cayenne. The marks with which Spyker not even measure themselves - Aston Martin, Ferrari and Bentley - hébben SUV. CEO Victor more muller speak thus of a super sport Utility Vehicle, a volbloed sport car disguised as terreinwagen. D12 Peking-to-Paris have a length of approximately 5 meters in combination with a breadth of 2 and an altitude of for and close 1.70 meter. For a car with such outside half-measures the streefgewicht of the SSUV is remarkably low: 1850 kilos. D12 their own made spaceframe get, fabricated of aluminium. An absolute condition for more muller, which wants distinguish himself with that low weight of the miserable competition that he of the Porsche cayenne turbo will experience. That car weighs, as it happens, 2355 kilos. Under the cap of Peking-to-Paris lie of Audi obtained W12-motor. In A8 the twelve cylinder provides 450 pk, but more muller promises a capacity of minimum 500 pk. The strength source is also provided in the Volkswagen Touareg, the car with which the new Spyker are aandrijflijn share. In contrast to earlier rumours concerning middenmotor the SSUV get the engine vóórin. The luchtinlaten - normally to the back of the car -, characteristic for Spyker, move simply, to under the windshield. The back of the four portieren gets in to simplify, opens to the back. A reference to the renowned past of Spyker, to which thanks D12 the name also its and four wheel traction: Spyker provided in 1903, and drove the first four-wheel-operated car (then still with a six cylinder engine) of peking to Paris. The interieur has been inspired by the plane industry, a company branch in which Spyker have been also active. The cockpit has been carried out twice: the instruments also sit on the passenger side. Buds are served with tuimelschakelaars. Because a b b-pilaar is lacking, gets the D12 two spijlen between the roof and the middenconsole. Four are based on we let us know already from other Spyker-modellen. THE SSUV stand on disproportionate 24-inch ' aeroblade ' wheels. A family face the front of the drawer Turbie, which, ensures logically what will appear higher in the binnenspiegel. Spyker have considerable expectations of Peking-to-Paris: it expects that the SSUV their most important model will become. End 2007 comes the car on the market. The pricetag can exceed over 300,000 euro.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
htfaber
Regular User

THE SSUV stand on disproportionate 24-inch ' aeroblade ' wheels.
Nice
Old 02-25-2006, 03:29 AM   #5
crazidude
Regular User

I just quickly skimmed that little blurb, but 300k euros? That's pretty damn expensive for an suv even if it has 500hp.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
Pehtren
Regular User

it looks int the front like an aston martin :roll:
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #7
redbaron
Regular User

^^^
don't be sorry dani, because it simply is
Old 02-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
gucom
Regular User

er...WTF??? i didnt like the idea of spyker making an SUV but since the spyker sports cars look pretty damn good, i expected their SUV to at least look good...it definately doesnt
Old 02-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #9
Everlasting
Regular User

to be honest
i like it
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #10
taygunho
Regular User

I totally agreed with dani_d_mas and redbaron car is totally
Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #11
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

it looks like crap, and it looks gay...I'm pretty sure it will suck balls off roading as well. Although I must admit that the interior looks pretty comfy. Are they planning on having a "Ferrari through China" kinda event from Peking to Paris? otherwise the name is pointless....

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

What's with the Subaru windows?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
LotusGT1
Regular User

OMG...

Old 02-28-2006, 03:50 PM   #14
Pehtren