Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Honda_PoD
Regular User

Default New Audi TT Coupe and Roadster Spy Pics (56k warning)

by Andreas Conradt
Copyright by Lehmann Photo-Syndication
01-23-2006

These shots give the best view yet of both, the coupe and roadster version of the next-generation Audi TT, showing how the company has grown and adapted its design to stay at the top of the style charts. The models revealed here will be joined by a three-door hatch variant, but it's the classic two-door body style that will make up most of the sales. Although the hatchback Shooting Brake concept - unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show back in October - was first to showcase the TT's new look, these pictures uncover the production version for the first time. It has been caught testing by our spies and, as you can see, the current model's instantly recognisable lines have been moulded into something much more modern.

Ready to go on sale late this year, the TT will have a new rival in the shape of BMW's Z4 coupe, but the next Audi will boast a more spacious cabin. While the outgoing model's back seats are uncomfortable for adults, rear passengers in the newcomer will benefit from extra space, and there will be more luggage room in the boot.

The extra millimetres have given the company's designers greater flexibility to pen a more attractive hood for the Roadster, which will join the line-up in 2007. What's still uncertain is where the three-door Shooting Brake version will fit into Audi's range. If it's priced as an entry-level variant, it will be too close to flagship A3 V6 models; but if it's placed at the top of the range, it could steal sales from the rumoured forthcoming executive A5 coupe.

Benefiting from Audi's latest engine technology, the new TT will be offered with the 2.0-litre powerplant from parent company Volkswagen's Golf in both naturally aspirated and turbocharged forms. A 250bhp 3.2-litre six-cylinder unit will head up the range at launch, and all motors will benefit from VW's latest Fuel Stratified Injection (FSI) technology to boost efficiency.

The firm's latest turbocharged and supercharged engine will be available too, while plans to develop a diesel TT are thought to be underway. All but the entry-level variants will come with quattro all-wheel drive, but buyers can expect a more involving driving experience across the range.

Enthusiasts also have the prospect of a genuine supercar-baiting TT flagship to look forward to. Likely to be badged the RS, this range-topper will be powered by a 2.0-litre bi-turbo unit, and will take on BMW's hot Z4 M. Expect to see the new coupe in the metal for the first time at the Paris Motor Show in September this year, with the first lucky buyers taking delivery before the end of 2006.
Honda_PoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Glad they didn't change it too much, it was a very attractive design
Old 01-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
crayzayjay
Regular User

Front overhang looks a bit excessive... Not terribly keen

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
Leco Diniz
Regular User

:shock:
Old 02-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #5
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay
Front overhang looks a bit excessive... Not terribly keen
Being an Audi it needs place for the engine in front of the front axle
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #6
Sir_GT
Regular User

It doesn't look nice at all... What a shame...
Old 02-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
Silvia_Drift
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Yea man. It looks hideous just like the original.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #8
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

hahaha, if you scroll through it relatively fast, it looks like a video.....i have waaay too much time on my hands. oh, and LOCK THIS SHIT.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
ViperASR
Regular User

<Audi TT

Hopefully this one drives better than the old ones

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 PM   #10
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Silvia_Drift
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Yea man. It looks hideous just like the original.
At least the old one was unique when it came out. By the looks of it, I say the old one looks a lot better than this.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #11
bmagni
Regular User

not bad, not bad, but not cool
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Yep - repost... and still as ugly as in january...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #13
luwalira
Regular User

I can't beleive some of you guys are actually saying that this car is ugly. You haven't even seen it without camo, LOL.
luwalira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by luwalira
I can't beleive some of you guys are actually saying that this car is ugly. You haven't even seen it without camo, LOL.
The car pictured above looks ugly.

What's not to understand...

Whether real or not - it's an ugly stupid looking car... more Honda/Toyota than Audi.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #15
bmwdakias
Regular User

It looks like they have just evolved the previous widely accepted and futuristic for its time design. Although the car is still camouflaged you can have a clear picture of how the production car will look. It took some time to appreciate the looks of the outgoing model but I dont think I ll need any time now as I got used to the extensive curves. I think it looks fine but it wont stand as a new breakthrough of audi's design team, i prefer the Z4 coupe a lot more.
bmwdakias is offline   Reply With Quote