Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #16
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
Z06 is a track car for the streets......the Atom is a track car only......apples vs oranges. You might be able to get by with a Z06 as your only car, but not with the Atom.
The atom is a road car
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #17
fordgt84
Regular User

hmm 500hp in a car that's lighter than a skate board ... i dont know if i should be excited or frightened, oh well will have to wait for those reviews to arrive
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #18
gobs3z
Regular User

I just wanted to clear up that this is not a Busa variant motor, but a whole new design.

The heartbeat of every RS-monikered Seven will be the unique RST-V8 engine. With more than 16 years of development behind it by Russell Savory, the 40-valve, 2.4 litre engine reliably delivers an incredible 400bhp in normally aspirated mode, or over 500bhp as a supercharged varient, whilst weighing only 90kg in full running gear.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #19
Svensson
Regular User

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post

Mad fun track toys, and the twin-Busa V8 is a fantastic little unit - a bit over priced but fantastic none the less - and should make these beasties fun in small doses.
I think you're confused with the Powertec 2.6L V8 which is used in the Radical SR8. That's the engine constructed from 2 Hayabusa 1300cc engines. The RST-V8 was originally based on 2 Yamaha R1 engines, but evolved through the years into their own design with the only original parts still used being the cylinder heads.

Here are 2 vids of the original N/A RST-V8 in its previous state of tune producing 340bhp. More than enough if you ask me. Listen to the glorious induction bark of 8 individual throttle bodies!

Old 03-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
I think you're confused with the Powertec 2.6L V8 which is used in the Radical SR8. That's the engine constructed from 2 Hayabusa 1300cc engines. The RST-V8 was originally based on 2 Yamaha R1 engines, but evolved through the years into their own design with the only original parts still used being the cylinder heads.

Here are 2 vids of the original N/A RST-V8 in its previous state of tune producing 340bhp. More than enough if you ask me. Listen to the glorious induction bark of 8 individual throttle bodies!
Yeah, it could have been the 5-valve head Yamaha based unit, but it was still stupidly expensive for it's intended use - I priced one of those V8's to be built in a Caterham for use out here, and the motor assembly was going to be almost $40,000 on top of the $65,000 Caterham Superlight.

For that $105,000 I would rather have an all rounder like a GT3.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #21
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
The atom is a road car
Legally, but not piratically.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #22
04RCSTI
Regular User

I have been in the supercharged version of the ariel for an auto-x and it was more than a handful for the driver. Very quick and light feeling, almost like you're not moving any mass...I wonder why.. That was fast enough as it was and now they throw more power at it? Hope they dont start moving towards heavier cars, seems to be the trend with everyone lately..
Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
enzoferrari
Regular User

Imagine going to college with that?Ill keep my Z thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
fordgt84
Regular User

my friend that V8 has got a seriously angry sounding induction roar, i need to know everything about that motor...does anyone have any useful links?... couldn't find anything on wikipedia
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #25
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
Legally, but not piratically.
You can drive it to work everyday.
But shopping whit it is out of the it's reach
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
You can drive it to work everyday.
But shopping whit it is out of the it's reach
Sure you can drive it to work each day, the same way you would ride a motorcycle - as long as you had a change of clothes at work and a place to freshen up.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote