Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-10-2004, 04:20 PM   #16
Toronto
Regular User

its in a class of its own
Old 09-13-2004, 09:55 AM   #17
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

no i dont think that, i think , the enzo is a super car the slr and gt is a sport car is all, koenigsegg is a supercar, pagani zonda is a supercar, ford gt is a sport car
Old 09-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #18
mindgam3
Regular User

in clarksons latest sunday times review he compares the SLR and CGT. He tests acceleration which he finds to be almost identicle. He tests braking from 180mph which he finds almost identicle and then his/the teams lap times for them are both identical. His opinion was the performance was almost the same, except they do it in different ways. The CGT being more hard edged and the SLR more relaxed (like a GT). He says if u want a car to do laps round a track in, its gotta be the CGT, if you want a genuine everyday hypercar, then the SLR is the way to go.

IMO i think the CGT would beat the SLR around most tracks, but the SLR wouldnt be far off. I think many people over look the fact that its faster than a zonda and koenigsegg and just about anything else bar a CGT and Enzo - how can it not be a supercar?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #19
wolfster
Regular User

it depends on the style you're going for..SLR is kinda more luxury, plus if you like the look of a long nose it is a definite eyecatcher. i think you have some form of paddle-shifters in it too, although it's not a true F1 paddle shift.

The GT prob appeals to more extreme sportier ppls who favor the mid-engined look more. diehard manualers will get this fo sho.

personally i like the SLR looks better cuz in the supercar world it is in the minority of front mid-engine which makes it unique. The CGT though looks like pure fun and a removable room so i'd go with that
wolfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:25 PM   #20
FordGTGuy

Originally Posted by mclaren_Gt
no i dont think that, i think , the enzo is a super car the slr and gt is a sport car is all, koenigsegg is a supercar, pagani zonda is a supercar, ford gt is a sport car
Ford GT is faster than the SLR and the Carrera GT that you would call super cars but your saying a two door/two seater/200+ mph car that uses manual a sports car?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #21
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by FordGTGuy
Originally Posted by mclaren_Gt
Ford GT is faster than the SLR and the Carrera GT that you would call super cars but your saying a two door/two seater/200+ mph car that uses manual a sports car?
in the motor trend article i think the cgt was faster, and if its faster than the cgt and slr, why do they compare it with the CS and GT3 ???
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote