Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Italy totally deserved it, the penalty was a bad call
Italy - Australia anyone ?
Italy - Korea anyone ?

Originally Posted by Stikz
The first penalty was a little iffy, but Malouda was taken down by Zambrotta that should have been a penalty so it all evened out.
that wasn't a foul, he dived too, Zambrotta didn't touc h the ball but neither did he tackle him, he dived
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Stikz
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
that wasn't a foul, he dived too, Zambrotta didn't touc h the ball but neither did he tackle him, he dived
lol, we must not have been watching the same game. And if the foul on malouda was a dive, then what do you have to say about grosso's penalty in the australia?
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
Fleischmann
Regular User

^^^I totally agree, I was a neutral spectator of the final and I claim there should have been two penalties for France. Penalties don't come much clearer than the 2nd one.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #4
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stikz
lol, we must not have been watching the same game. And if the foul on malouda was a dive, then what do you have to say about grosso's penalty in the australia?
it was a dive too... I hope Australia gets a free penalty sometime...
Old 07-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
Everlasting
Regular User

it's like no one here watched a fucking football game before this world cup tournament! diving is part of it!! it's not like with american sports where the referee examens the replay before issuing a call, in football when failing to spot the incident the linesman is all he got; so taking advantage of human error is only logical and none gets too far without doing that
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Zidane has now excused his stunt from all the children who watched the game. He says it was wrong, but doesn't regret it, since Materazzi was insulting his mother and sister. Also he said that always the one who reacts gets punished, but never the one who teases and that's not fair.
That's life!
Thats BS

I'll kill someone cause he provoqued me, blame him, not me... yeah right
Old 07-13-2006, 03:30 AM   #7
LotusGT1
Regular User

Zidane has now excused his stunt from all the children who watched the game. He says it was wrong, but doesn't regret it, since Materazzi was insulting his mother and sister. Also he said that always the one who reacts gets punished, but never the one who teases and that's not fair.
That's life!
Thats BS

I didn't recall anywhere in the upbringing of this sport that insults at the level of Materazzi should be condoned because it is supposedly "part of the sport". LOL, after watching videos of Materazzi fouls during the years, I even wonder if that guy should even be play ever again. Seldomly seen such a dirty player. Not good for the sport.

Zidane should never have done what he did, but Materazzi should've STFU and backed down. Zizou is right on that part.

BTW, LOL@anyone thinking the Malouda penalty was a dive. You can clearly see when Materazzi (not Zambrotta) is trying to hold back, his foot does touch Malouda's and get him to fall. He was simply too late --> genuine penalty.

bmagni, your bias is getting in the way it seems, it's obviously clouding your views...
Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 AM   #8
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
That's life!
Thats BS

I didn't recall anywhere in the upbringing of this sport that insults at the level of Materazzi should be condoned because it is supposedly "part of the sport". LOL, after watching videos of Materazzi fouls during the years, I even wonder if that guy should even be play ever again. Seldomly seen such a dirty player. Not good for the sport.

Zidane should never have done what he did, but Materazzi should've STFU and backed down. Zizou is right on that part.

BTW, LOL@anyone thinking the Malouda penalty was a dive. You can clearly see when Materazzi (not Zambrotta) is trying to hold back, his foot does touch Malouda's and get him to fall. He was simply too late --> genuine penalty.

bmagni, your bias is getting in the way it seems, it's obviously clouding your views...
Dude insults aren't officialy part of the game, but they're there... Zidane being 34 years old must know that. Why is he right on that part ? cause he couldn't take it and did something wrong ? and now hes acting like a cry baby so he remains seen as the good guy ? BS
Have you seen all the agressions Zidane has done ?? stepping on a player, kicks, etc, etc... of course all this on purpose, hes no Mr. good...

my bias isn't getting in the way, I see things diffrently, I accept that Materazzi insulted Zidane, but Zidane acted stupid and now is trying to fix his fucked up retiring dream game...
When you do something wrong or right is nothing but your fault, Zidane is just looking for an excuse... thats pretty stupid... that makes me even happier that he did what he did and the consecuences it had... now I hope they take away the golden boot or ball or whatever...
Old 07-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #9
LotusGT1
Regular User

Like I said, it doesn't justify Zidane's action, but Materazzi is the most dirty non-sportive football player I've seen in a long time. He should have no place on the pitch as far as I'm concerned. And I know Zidane is far from the cleanest players, and the red card was correct, but insults like those taint the sport. And as far as I see it, Zidane doesn't fix anything. He's not regretting it.

About the golden football, damn FIFA should keep out of it, as the price is based on votes by journalists. FIFA has nothing to do with it.

The bias comment btw was based on your opinion about the penalties as well
Old 07-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #10
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Like I said, it doesn't justify Zidane's action, but Materazzi is the most dirty non-sportive football player I've seen in a long time. He should have no place on the pitch as far as I'm concerned. And I know Zidane is far from the cleanest players, and the red card was correct, but insults like those taint the sport. And as far as I see it, Zidane doesn't fix anything. He's not regretting it.

About the golden football, damn FIFA should keep out of it, as the price is based on votes by journalists. FIFA has nothing to do with it.

The bias comment btw was based on your opinion about the penalties as well
FIFA elected Zidane cause they diidn't want to elect an italian player cause all the things that are happening at Italy...

I did also comment that grosso did dive vs australia and that malouda was hit but over reacted
Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #11
Fleischmann
Regular User

I've just read that if Materazzi's comments were racist and FIFA is able to prove it Italy may loose the cup. Those are the rules. If it was in the group stages they would have 3 points deducted but in the knockout rounds it is an instant disqualification.

That Materazzi bloke is a total idiot, look at all these acts of violence he has shown before:
Old 07-13-2006, 08:11 AM   #12
JoeHahn
Regular User

As much as I hate Italy and the way they played football this cup - they dont deserve to lose it over 1 players outrageous calls. Give the single player a 1-2 year ban and show the world that fifa says NO to racism or any harsh comments. That should fuck off Materazzi while Zidane still being punished the way he should.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #13
LotusGT1
Regular User

FIFA elected Zidane cause they diidn't want to elect an italian player cause all the things that are happening at Italy...

I did also comment that grosso did dive vs australia and that malouda was hit but over reacted
Ehhmm...FIFA didn't elect anything, as the golden ball is a price given by journalists, and not FIFA officials. The shortlist is drawn up by the FIFA technical committee but the winner is voted for by representatives of the media.

Malouda fell, nothing to overreact there.

I hope the FIFA keeps their hands off the cup, Italy indeed doesn't deserve to loose the title over something like this.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
Everlasting
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
I've just read that if Materazzi's comments were racist and FIFA is able to prove it Italy may loose the cup. Those are the rules. If it was in the group stages they would have 3 points deducted but in the knockout rounds it is an instant disqualification.
that will never happen.

and stop siding with Zidane he's the one to blame, he the one that headbutted Materazzi, remember?!
whatever was said to him it's only words and that's no way to react specially in the world cup final

Materazzi didn't engage in any of his antics during this tournament (despite the red card that he got) so there is not need to blame the guy just because of his tainted past.

when Zidane decided to take action in the way that he did against Materazzi by causing actual physical harm as a respond to verbal exchange which could be considered part of the game

the "best player of the tournament" title should be striped from Zidane and given to the player that was actually the best: Fabio Canavaro !
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #15
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by Everlasting
Originally Posted by Fleischmann
and stop siding with Zidane he's the one to blame, he the one that headbutted Materazzi, remember?!
whatever was said to him it's only words and that's no way to react specially in the world cup final

Materazzi didn't engage in any of his antics during this tournament (despite the red card that he got) so there is not need to blame the guy just because of his tainted past.

when Zidane decided to take action in the way that he did against Materazzi by causing actual physical harm as a respond to verbal exchange which could be considered part of the game

the "best player of the tournament" title should be striped from Zidane and given to the player that was actually the best: Fabio Canavaro !
Which part of my post suggests that I'm siding with Zidane?? I agree, there is no excuse whatsoever for what he did, there is no place for such behaviour in football. A player as experienced as he is should be able to control his nerves and not commit to such stupid actions which may have well cost his country the title. But I have no respect whatsoever for Materazzi, insulting somebody's family is just childish and stupid. FIFA should punish him somehow because I doubt the retard will learn anything from his poor actions.