Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #136
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez_Avital
Originally Posted by sameerrao
I know whom you were refering to Antonio ... I was just pulling your leg
well carefull you could have broken it..
no, he pulled my third leg!

jk
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #137
sameerrao
Regular User

LOL!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #138
oscargarza88
Regular User

that looks like fun! the roads sound and look nice, in the middle of no where....
i wonder who did the 165 mph run... :roll: haha
thats a cool reunion, i hope i could join the next one
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #139
antonioledesma
Regular User

btw... if I'm right, TA is has lost some weight or I'm confused?

too many blondes in that pic
Old 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #140
sameerrao
Regular User

It was fun in that there were two groups based on homogenous speed. The Z06 and Blackbird were in a class of their own and led the pack disappearing into the distance with ease.

The S4, Boxster S, S2000 (and for part of the day) the 240SX were in a common group. The Boxster had the best brakes by far, the S4 the most torque and the S2000 seemed the most nimble but the three cars stuck like glue to each other. The 240 SX hung with this group in the beginning - Nick was pretty much driving on the edge but the car was somewhat tired and needed to fall back later to conserve it.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 04-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #141
antonioledesma
Regular User

^and the yoda? was in the back? or simply decided to dump it?
Old 04-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #142
RC45
Regular User

^^ Omar was driving... Nick was co-pilot..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #143
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
The Yoda was like a puppy that valiantly holds onto your trouser leg. It hung back a bit but all of us were surprised to see how little gap there was - like I said earlier - excellent job ny Zman.

I guess the Force was with him today

Old 04-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #144
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by antonioledesma
The Yoda was like a puppy that valiantly holds onto your trouser leg. It hung back a bit but all of us were surprised to see how little gap there was - like I said earlier - excellent job ny Zman.

I guess the Force was with him today
poor yoda.
Btw... did Z went back to the orleans swamp or crashed at someone's place?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #145
sameerrao
Regular User

Homeward bound as are TA and his pal. They should post later tonight.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #146
ARMAN
Regular User

I know 3 guys form the pic and 1 a guess - actually you cannot guess wrong which one is RC Thanx for taking a group pic

Sorry are nissan guys and boxster guy from JW? ops:

You can see on the first cars pic Z-man pushing Corolla really hard Pics are great, I hope there will be some more pics, driving pics are brilliant Thanx Sameer

Man id love to come for a meet like that

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #147
sameerrao
Regular User

The Boxster guy is a JW lurker and has posted a grand total of 5 posts. MAybe this will get him to increase his post total. Perhaps Dani needs to provide him some power-posting tips.

One of the guys in the Nissan is a related to RC from his wife's side and the other guy in the car is a friend of his.

I guess I was lucky that some of the "onboard" pics came out pretty well ... it was tough driving at a decent clip while taking photos - I was whipping my head back and forth between the camer and road trying to make sure the picture was in focus and that my car did not crunch into anything. It would hav been easier if either I was passengering or someone else took the pics.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #148
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by RC45
This si the 3rd JW or 4th JW 'Merican Meeting I think...
I've met with everso and Vansquish few times, and t-bird, everso and myself met at NAIAS in January.

pretty soon, i think vansquish, everso, r2r, and myself will be getting together
Post some groups pics next time pls.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #149
RC45
Regular User

I think it's safe to say that everyone got a good workout - and "most surprised" of the day award goes to the pair of R6's that we caught up to....

I bet it's the first those yahoos have been blown into the weeds by four wheels..

Even the big beastly Blackbird blew past the Yamaha's like they were on a sunday cruise...

And today proved yet again, that the "driver" is a unique breed apart from the "poser" and really easy to tell apart.

Zman drove the Yoda like nothing on earth - proving his true blue enthusiasm for "driving" - the act pure and simple is what the day was about... Omar drove the wheels off his non-rice tuned super budget 240SX - our Dallas guests drove their Roadsters like no "hairdresser" ever thought a lightweight roadster could be driven and sameer in "big german sedan style" didn't behave at all sedanlike - James was tossing his big super-tourer around like a 250cc GP bike --- if only all car/bike owners showed the passion for "driving" that this crew of misfits did today, the roads would be a funner safer place for all.

Thanks for making a great day possible.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:47 PM   #150
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by RC45
This si the 3rd JW or 4th JW 'Merican Meeting I think...
I've met with everso and Vansquish few times, and t-bird, everso and myself met at NAIAS in January.

pretty soon, i think vansquish, everso, r2r, and myself will be getting together
let me know I would be willing to go back up your way again and possibly the Thunderchicken will be drivable at that point... hell I was in South Haven 2 weekends ago.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote