Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > The Cool Wall

The Cool Wall Our version of the cool wall.. you decide what's cool and what's not - view the results HERE

View Poll Results: Audi B7 RS4
subzero 52 44.07%
cool 52 44.07%
uncool 7 5.93%
seriously uncool 7 5.93%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2006, 01:26 PM   #31
taygunho
Regular User

I think sedan version of B7 RS4 is cool. I would vote subzero fore if it was stationwagon.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #32
TNT
Regular User

would be subzero if it was a v-10 twin turbo making 650 hp. other then that....just cool
Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #33
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Nothing in its segment can touch it.....

I want to know what cunt voted seriously uncool and didnt leave a comment.....if you are voting that way be man enough to tell us why?
So you say you dind't call anyone a cunt?? Slightly senile after all.

IMO I must say that its rather sad to hear your opinions. If someone doesn't like your car then they are cunts. That says more about you than the poster.

BTW as Lotus posted the older RS4 are 37bhp up on the E46 M3 and still slower around both the NS and Hockhenehim. Somehow I don't see that as embarrassing it's competition.

So take it easy in your RS2 little brother and have a good one..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #34
LotusGT1
Regular User

The RS should be the all out effort, as the CSL is. But you just said the S4 was faster than the M3 while it's far behind. If you want to discusss on facts and challenge people saying "they should get their facts straight" at least try to get your own damn straight...

I already said why the RS4 is uncool. It's boring, overweight and uninspirational. And yes, you get get more fun somewhere else. Stop being so thickheaded, the cool wall is based on OPINIONS...
Old 02-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #35
LotusGT1
Regular User

Why? The S is the sports edition of Audi. The 330i is a mainstream 3-series, competing with the A4 3.2 FSI. That's a weak argument.

Even more when you consider the S4 has a 4.2 V8, how the hell should that compete with a 3 liter I-6 not built for performance, as the 330i is. The price difference is huge too IIRC. The S4 has around 340hp, same as the M3. Can't get more close than that. So sorry, but it's BS.

Still, the old RS4 couldn't match the regular M3 around the track, let alone the CSL. Why should I think the next M3 won't kill the current RS4?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #36
Ghostbat
Regular User

Are you mentally challenged or something I said I didnt call anyone who POSTED a cunt, I called people who voted and dont leave a comment a cunt.....theres a difference.....
No Brembo I'm not mentally challenged. My IQ is in the 130-140 area so I'm intelligent enough to debate without calling people bitches and cunts. To me and most of my friends namcalling is a sign of inferioer intelligence and something people do when they run out of arguments.

yes the older RS avant are 3 seconds slower....around NS and the csl are as close to an track car as you can get, Audi dont have a car to line up against it......
Well you are a little vague here but for the record the old RS4 is 3 secs slower around the NS than the M3 NOT the CSL. The CSL is in a league of it's own and this comes from me that actually is a Merc man.

I have no problem with people voting what ever they vote but ghostbat just dont like Audis,cuz he are to occupied looking at what bling rims to put on "his" car,and are to chicken to just say so...so he comes with some understeer crap....
You just blindsided me there little brother. Bling rims on my car I have the old standard rims on my car. Nothing to see here. And apparently people that vote in a way that you don't like are cunts if they dont explain themselves. I didn't know that was mandatory. Stangely enough the people that voted cool/subzero aren't cunts IYO even if they don't explain why they think the understeerer is cool.

And Brembo I don't know if you have watched TG but The Cool Wall isn't a good/bad car wall. I Know that the B7 RS4 is fast around tracks and have a nice NA high reving V8 but the vote on this wall is about feelings.

You would spare yourself some grief if you just realized that the whole world doesn't share your opinions about Audi. What I think is great with JW is that we can discuss cars with other petrolheads and accept their opinions even if they differ from our own. I like Mercs alot since I've grown up with them but I know that some people in this forum think they are old geezers cars. That's just fine to me and makes this forum so enjoyable, because I can discuss with them why they are wrong Still I see no need to call other members in this lovely forum for bitches and cunts. That's just a way to sabotage this community that I love so much. No get your act together Brembo and do not make this personal.

Have a good night Brembo and sorry on the missed curling Bronze. We scored the Gold BTW..
Old 02-23-2006, 10:30 PM   #37
Z3uS
Regular User

Subzero! Great engine, looks, performance...
Currently one of my favourites!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #38
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Its not that they only can go sideways, but Audis dont understeer as bad as some want to make it.....btw Audi ruled dtm with their quattro and won EVERYTHING then they changed the rules so they couldnt compete there anymore, thats why most race cars use rwd, and weight have been an issue too.....
Huh? Sportscars have always been using RWD. Nothing better than NO driveline forces into your steering compartiment. The BMW 3 series is perhaps the most succesful touring car EVER. Audi ruled DTm for only a year, in 2004. I'd hope you'd give a better example.

Audi writes a further successful chapter in motorsport history with the Audi A4 quattro: The production based Super Touring Car is the master of its class and starts a unique worldwide triumphant procession. Frank Biela wins the 1995 Touring Car World Cup. 1996 is the year of years: Seven championships from Australia to South Africa is the upshot. The Audi A4 quattro also keeps winning in private hands: Christian Abt wins the German Super Touring Car Championship (STW) in 1999. Then quattro was banned for having an unfair advantage.

You telling me they should have banned the RWD BMW's aswell because they had a so called advantage? The quattro decimated and BMW was left to pic up the pieces.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #39
LotusGT1
Regular User

LOL, maybe you should first answer my questions. I'll make it easy for you and quote my last post. Get your facts straight for once....

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Why? The S is the sports edition of Audi. The 330i is a mainstream 3-series, competing with the A4 3.2 FSI. That's a weak argument.

Even more when you consider the S4 has a 4.2 V8, how the hell should that compete with a 3 liter I-6 not built for performance, as the 330i is. The price difference is huge too IIRC. The S4 has around 340hp, same as the M3. Can't get more close than that. So sorry, but it's BS.

Still, the old RS4 couldn't match the regular M3 around the track, let alone the CSL. Why should I think the next M3 won't kill the current RS4?
About the unfair advantage of the Quattros, the advantage was unfair because the negative side of the AWD system (its weight) got eliminated by the equal weight regulations for all cars. In other words, Audi could go further making the A4 lighter to compensate for the heavier AWD system, hence the unfair advantage. In a class FIA looking for equal opportunties that didn't match.

I never debated the A4 hasn't been an impressive touring car, the current S4 and RS4 aren't that impressive however. Heavy, boring looking and not the most fun to drive in its class (as said by experts).

We can't argue on personal preference, but get your facts straight before arguing on facts....
Old 02-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #40
Ghostbat
Regular User

OK brembo I give up. Even the gods struggle with the stupid

But if you check your post in the first page you will notice that you have called another JW member a cunt and me a bitch. For all the rest I is like whatever as Ali G would say..

Concerning the Olympic history Norway is no way near the Swedish successtory over the years. Six Golds so far in this winter olympics..Pretty decent for a country with 9million people.

And what I think of the Muhammed drawings you can read in another topic.. Hopefully we have a common ground on that one being westerns and all..

BTW glad I could make you laugh little brother..
Old 02-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #41
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
OK brembo I give up. Even the gods struggle with the stupid

But if you check your post in the first page you will notice that you have called another JW member a cunt and me a bitch. For all the rest I is like whatever as Ali G would say..

Concerning the Olympic history Norway is no way near the Swedish successtory over the years. Six Golds so far in this winter olympics..Pretty decent for a country with 9million people.

And what I think of the Muhammed drawings you can read in another topic.. Hopefully we have a common ground on that one being westerns and all..

BTW glad I could make you laugh little brother..
Of course it must be hard for you to discuss with me, when my brain capacity are so inferior to yours...

I called someone who didnt post and said why he voted what he voted, can you name who I called a cunt?

I called you a bitch, cuz of your stupid grammar correction and I stand by it to the end of time if you dont have arguments so you have to sort to grammar to make an argument you aint worth my or any other on JW`s time either....

LOL yes 6 golds are good when you are only 9 million people, we still have more medals than you in this olympics too tough, and last Olympics I think we counted 14 gold medals....not bad for a nation with only 4,5 million people dont you think.
Swedens gold this olympics was the first in 12 years Sweden have not won an olympic gold since they won gold in hockey in the Lillehamer olympics in 94......
Thinking of that olympic Sweden wanted to arrange the winter olympic that year too, but lost....funny times....
Oh its Inge Braaten and Thomas Alsgaard who coach your cross country team.....hmmm they are Norwegian aint they the Swedes needed help from us to perform.....

On the Mohammed drawings I remember that thread , what Swedish embassy was set on fire again?
I said that you called a JW-member a cunt and indeed you did that..

And olympic history goes a little futher back than twelve years to me. Second place is first loser, am I right Brembo? Its the Gold that counts in the official rankings. BTW have you ever scored a Gold medal in the summer games Congrats to all your silver and bronzes..

I have no problems at all with a Norweigan coach. Seems like a very skilled man to me and I'm glad he reliazed that it would be a smart move to coach Sweden. Getting slighty off topic I fear.

Discussing with someone with low braincapacity isn't very hard, actually it's the other way around. You're just making it way too easy for us. Just isn't a sport anymore to discuss with someone that only can come up with bitch and cunt when he realizes that his favourite understeerer doesn't embarras some cars around the track that he thought before. To be honest i don't think you are stupid or something you are just blinded by your fanatisiscm for a rebadged Skoda.

BTW little brother you know that the RS4 basically is a Skoda Octavia in drag 8)

Oh yes and standing by an argument til the end of time, that's a true sign of being very flexible and able to process new information. Congrats to that man..
Old 02-25-2006, 07:19 AM   #42
Ghostbat
Regular User

Oh Brembo you just rant on without having anything to say.. Congrats on being able to use google btw.

All I said is that you called another JW-member a cunt..Come to terms with what you did.

Didn't really want to make this Skoda thread about the Olympics but congrats on beeing ahead of Sweden in the long term winter run lympic:

You are wrong about Norways Gold count in the summer games though. You haven't scored 53 Gold medals. Actually you have 59 so big up yourself Norway. Sweden has scored 144 Summer Gold medals btw..Yeah baby.. In total (Summer and Winter) Sweden leads by 30 Gold medals over Norway. And in total we have 182 more medals than you. Still I think your count is very impressive :good:. And after these lovely games In Torino we'll further the distance in the important Gold count.. :prr:

It has got to suck being norweigan and watching the Torino Olympics. Being the overall leader in the Winter Olympics Medal count and rank 13 in these games at the moment.. I spot a downhill trend. What a shame Norway. And with Sweden on the rise it's only a matter of time before we are ahead of you in the winter rankings too. Then you'll be after us in all three rankings.. 8) At the moment we'll have to settle with leading 2/3.

If you still don't believe me check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Olympics_medal_count

And by all means feel free to question my IQ. I Know all readers of this thread understands that little brother in Norway is inferior to all other members in this community. All we hear from you is "Love Skoda baah bahh or you are cunts and bitches, yes Skoda embarrasses M3:s and all other competition on track". Go get yoruself a hockeyteam worth mentioning and then you can compete with the real boys that don't wear tights

Edit: Anna Carin Olofsson just scored another Gold for Sweden in the Womens 12.5km Mass Start Biathlon lympic: :snipersmile:

And to finish this post of I must say I'm really glad that you can't be bothered anymore so we finally can put this to rest.. Hope it's a promise you can keep

CU in another thread Skoda lover..
Old 02-25-2006, 07:34 AM   #43
man430gt
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Well, the B5 RS4 was already pretty well established as one of the best familysport cars ever, so expectations were pretty high for the B7 after a generation with no RS model. IMO they hit the target very well, not subzero material, but something VERY desirable, stealthy when you need it, blistering fast when you are in the mood :good:
Ditto that!
man430gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:32 AM   #44
LotusGT1
Regular User

Yes Audi was only succsesfull in 2004.....enjoy your weekend dude, and dont eat all of those mushrooms....
Keep your petty arguments for this little discussion you have with Ghostbat. 't is like kindergarten all over again. LOL@admitting on page 4 you said "cunt" while you said otherwise the 2 pages before....Woo-hoo.

Don't be such a coward and just admit you were wrong.

LOL yeah right, maybe, and just maybe it will be able to beat it around a track.... even something as simple as an Audi S4 have done that to the previous M..
Audi didnt even have to break out the RS to embarasse the M...if we take into consideration that the new 3 serie look like crap I know what I would choose even before I have seen the new M....
= WRONG

And here is where you fail.....

the RS are what the M should be the S should be put up against something like the 330....
= WRONG

I've asked you many times now to reply to it, but you simply ignore it because you know you're wrong. As I said, don't try to get clever and attack other on their factual information when your own is mediocre at best.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #45
LotusGT1
Regular User

Funny how your last reply illustrates how bad you can actually read.

You haven't shown any facts. I haven't seen an ounce of proof that the S4 "embarrasses" the M3 as you claim. You haven't shown any source whatsoever. I know why, there fucking isn't any! The laptimes I posted up are from a pretty reliable source. They use one driver and at least they try to get other influences out.

Funny how you claim the S4 is built to compete with the 330i, while that obviously isn't true. Pathetic how you try to defend something with such BS.

The RS4 is commented by many recommended journalists as being understeering. I've driven my fair share of Audi's, and I say that comment doesn't surprise me. That's it. IMO (pay attention...opinion) it looks boring and is AWD not the most fun when buying a performance car.

The fact that you have driven your RS2 around a track against some random BMW drivers proves absoluty nothing. Just get your head out of your ass when you talk about your so-called facts. Your opiniated bullshit is far from the truth, I'll give you that.

Oh, and I give a fuck if you called someone a cunt or not, the discussion merely illustrates the level you are talking on. LOL@you two bragging about which country has won the most medals at the Olympics. Grow up and stop whining.