Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-19-2004, 02:53 AM   #1
cho_888
Regular User

Default do i really need a ps2, maybe not...

a new game from microsotf havnt heard much but it seems good. Its a driving sim or so it says so it might be better than gotham with 60 car manufactures including ferrari

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/forza/defa...3&level3=forza
Old 08-19-2004, 03:13 AM   #2
Daggernite
Regular User

Theres two post on this, with alot of info already, its lookingto be a very promising game looks like its gunna be GT4 vs Fortza the way ppl's seeing it.
But I would'nt getrid of ya PS2, no one knows how fortza plays yet.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:14 AM   #3
cho_888
Regular User

oh shit sorry fellas repost.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:54 AM   #4
possessed_beaver
Regular User

yeh re-post, i have my money on playstation, with 3 previous mega sucessful car games to the grand turismo series...

altho the enviroments on x-box look pretty insane.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:59 AM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

Hell I'm gonna buy both of them anyways so no big deal for me I bough PS2 before X-Box was around so I had that and then after the first time I played Halo on X-box I bought it and I play them both. I have 3 games on reserve right now actually. GT4 Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Halo 2 Deluxe(or whatever it's called)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:26 AM   #6
Daggernite
Regular User

yeah I have both consoles too, fortza and gt4 are bothing coming my way!! along with halo2 and fable, and resident evil4 for ma gamecube. I was checking some pics out for fortza and the texture quality is amazing, looks so good. I just hope that the cars perfome and handle accurately as they do in real life. But I think the car are better designed on GT4, they seem to have a lack of polys in some area's in fortza, for example i saw the back of the vx220, and it looks better in GT3 let alone GT4, but I think we'll all have to wait and see at the end of the day.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:39 AM   #7
No.1
Regular User

I have both consoles, and will buy the PS3 and Xbox2 when they are out. I will wait until a good game is released for each console though.. like i will only buy a PS3 when GT5 (??) comes out.

They aren't too expensive, and anyways, most of you guys on JW own a computer that is worth £1000+ so a £200 console is hardly going to bankrupt you
Old 08-19-2004, 06:50 AM   #8
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
yeah I have both consoles too, fortza and gt4 are bothing coming my way!! along with halo2 and fable, and resident evil4 for ma gamecube. I was checking some pics out for fortza and the texture quality is amazing, looks so good. I just hope that the cars perfome and handle accurately as they do in real life. But I think the car are better designed on GT4, they seem to have a lack of polys in some area's in fortza, for example i saw the back of the vx220, and it looks better in GT3 let alone GT4, but I think we'll all have to wait and see at the end of the day.
lol gettin the same games as me GT4,forza,halo 2 and resi 4.out of all those im lookin forward to resi 4 and GT4 the most as im a huge resi evil fan.

but i doubt forza will be better than GT4,although forza does look sweet

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:00 AM   #9
Xploded
Regular User

Yer Forza looks alright but I will wait to play it he he ...... im really thinking my self in buying a PS2 when GT4 comes out he he
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote