Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 08-08-2004, 05:21 PM   #46
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
Originally Posted by DMbaseball1604
Just because, knowing as much as you do about Porsche and as much as you love them it just surprises me that your wife would drive a Z4 and you a 745Li..I mean I know you drive them all day and I can understand how you would want a long distance cruiser..and I would have thought that you would get some kind of a discount on all Porsches since you work for them, and not only that it would be easier to service the cars..ect..or like for instance my cousin works for Ford, and he and his family all drive Fords, the newer models though, they drive them for like three months and then give them back to the company and they then sell them a fraction lower than the list price..
lol, i expected such an answer

no, just to let u know, private i´m not into cars that much, i think i´ve said that several times b4, i´ve some other hobbys as well, and they are ALL non car related, you know when you´ve to deal with cars, and like me with Porsches, sometimes 50 to 70 hours a week, you´re more than happy to have some other things in life and not just only cars, so we don´t see a reason why to buy e.g. a Carrera, i mean i need (now needed) a comfortable relaxing car just for autobahn from austria to germany and to tell you, i always had BMW´s they are IMO the best cars for my purpose, and untill the 955 came up there were no alternatives, sure we get the Porsches quite below the dealer price but i never felt that i needed a Porsche for private use too, i have them at work and that´s more than enough for me, on the other hand i couldn´t enjoy such a car on public street anyways, i just need something practical, that´s it...

and my wife is a completely different story, for her everything with the Porsche badge on it is just for showing off
so she really isn´t into Porsche, well she isn´t into cars in general, it just has to look nice.....women i guess

nevertheless, one garage in our house is still free....maybe for a Porsche, maybe for something else, maybe not this year, .... well who knows, i already have something in mind but it´s a bit too early to tell...

so, in the end, i don´t give a shit if it´s a Porsche in my garage or not, i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one
haha, for my mom its the exact same story...my dad had a 993 Turbo and she hated it..not only because of the cost of insurance when you get 6 tickets in 3 months but also because she thought it was just for show and thats it..
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 08:41 PM   #47
lakatu
Regular User

lol, i expected such an answer

no, just to let u know, private i´m not into cars that much, i think i´ve said that several times b4, i´ve some other hobbys as well, and they are ALL non car related, you know when you´ve to deal with cars, and like me with Porsches, sometimes 50 to 70 hours a week, you´re more than happy to have some other things in life and not just only cars, so we don´t see a reason why to buy e.g. a Carrera, i mean i need (now needed) a comfortable relaxing car just for autobahn from austria to germany and to tell you, i always had BMW´s they are IMO the best cars for my purpose, and untill the 955 came up there were no alternatives, sure we get the Porsches quite below the dealer price but i never felt that i needed a Porsche for private use too, i have them at work and that´s more than enough for me, on the other hand i couldn´t enjoy such a car on public street anyways, i just need something practical, that´s it...

and my wife is a completely different story, for her everything with the Porsche badge on it is just for showing off
so she really isn´t into Porsche, well she isn´t into cars in general, it just has to look nice.....women i guess

nevertheless, one garage in our house is still free....maybe for a Porsche, maybe for something else, maybe not this year, .... well who knows, i already have something in mind but it´s a bit too early to tell...

so, in the end, i don´t give a shit if it´s a Porsche in my garage or not, i probably can afford any Porsche of the current line up - but i don´t need one
Makes perfect sense to me. Wanting to get away from cars that is. Actually it is surprising that you spend so much time here at PC talking about them with us. I think if it wasn’t for your kind nature you won’t bother but I am so glad you do . I know I sure enjoy being a part of a community that includes st-anger and like others can’t imagine what it would be like with out you.

You bring up another interesting point, as much as we love these outrageously fast cars they are really too fast for their own good :roll: . Realistically, the only place were you can push them to the limit and enjoy them without endangering yourself and others is on a race track. How often could an enthusiast go to the track a year unless he lived by the NS? Since sports cars aren't practical in any other sense than going fast and providing driver entertainment then if you don’t drive them as they were intended, you must be driving them for some other reason. That other reason as st-angers wife points out is “for show” . Kind of sad but true and that is exactly what most buyers of Porsches and other sports cars buy them for IMO. Why else do they come loaded up with amenities and options that weigh them down reducing their performance? The only place that you use to be able to make an argument that sports cars were practical was Germany with its autobahn. But even that has changed or is in the process of changing. What your left with is a car that is an exercise in frustration :roll: whenever you get in it. Because you know what it was design to do and most of us anyways want to do it but you can’t and if you do you can’t continue to do it for long.

There is a solution though. I have heard that there is a housing community development, I think it is in Spain, that is built around a race track where the designer took sections of famous tracks and linked them together to form his track. Now that sounds like the place to live. I think it was featured on 5th Gear so I’m sure others are already familiar with it. Hopefully it will catch on .
Old 08-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #48
Drive4Ever
Regular User

that's a once nice car. at first when the car first came out, i hated it. but as time goes, i start liking them. wow, the car has been out for 3 yrs now? jeez, time past by fast :shock:
Drive4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:16 PM   #49
st-anger
Regular User

..."summer replacement" arrived 10mins ago, unfortunately extremely bad weather right now ( ...thunderstorm warnings for two days now, hopefully it´ll get better tomorrow ) and it´s 9pm here and already dark, so i´m afraid "we" have to wait till tomorrow for the details- but it´s nice IMO

hope to come back to you guys tomorrow with "quite some" pics...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #50
No.1
Regular User

^^^

I'm dying to know what it is ... how many doors?
Old 08-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #51
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
^^^

last comment for today: two....

i know, i know ........ st-anger can be a real ass too, BE PATIENT
Porsche 911
Old 08-13-2004, 03:26 PM   #52
sameerrao
Regular User

Its a Ferrari 328 ... Ultimate coup there for the Porsche meister

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:29 PM   #53
No.1
Regular User

^^^

:idea: A BMW 645Ci

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Old 08-13-2004, 03:49 PM   #54
st-anger
Regular User

^^^

:idea: A BMW 645Ci

Originally Posted by sameerrao
:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=219953#219953
Porsche 911
Old 08-13-2004, 04:05 PM   #55
sameerrao
Regular User

OK ... OK ... I am out of the predictions business ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:07 AM   #56
nthfinity
Regular User

101% sure no one´ll guess it right...
no one has guessed, but your going to buy some sport ute?
perhaps have a ford F350 imported? lmao
a private pilots licence would always due (IFR trained for those off days weather wise) in that case, a piper could be quite good
Old 08-15-2004, 06:46 AM   #57
st-anger
Regular User

...well, we had quite some fun this weekend with the new car

a more detailed report this evening 8)
Porsche 911
Old 08-15-2004, 07:05 AM   #58
sikx5
Regular User

LOL - u sure know how to break a car in. i like it already
Old 08-15-2004, 07:30 AM   #59
TT
Regular User

LOL cool! Now I'm hoping to see some vids of the new baby
Old 08-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #60
st-anger
Regular User

to make it short...here´s my Z350 for the summer, YES, it´s a NISSAN, I knew it NO ONE would´ve ever guessed that...

reasons...!??? many many many, but I don´t want to bore anyone…

not even my m8s around here where I live, they all expected cars like you guys partly mentioned, but hey, I need to save some money for something else – non car related this time, i´ve some other hobbies as well, unfortunately kinda expensive ones…
so, believe it or not, this is second non-german car ever, and my first Japanese one, and I simply can´t believe what you get for your money, I mean it´s soooo fucking cheap in relation... :shock:
another reason why I really like it...
so, it´s actually not “my” car, it´s more or less a rental car, I pay per month a certain amount and then simply give it back to the dealer…
I wanted to write a test report, but sorry, i´m simply too lazy and tired right now to do so, maybe some time later that week...

^^^ JW custom shot with page 17...my lucky number

now plz don´t be too strict guys
Porsche 911