Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 06-24-2003, 02:21 AM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Microsoft vs. General Motors

I came across this at another forum I visit and thought it was funny. It would be even better if it were true!

Bill Gates compared the computer industry to the automotive industry by stating: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving cars that cost $25.00 and get 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bills comment, General Motors issued A press release making the following statement: "If we (GM) had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1) for no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice per day.

2) Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3) Your car would occasionally stop on the freeway without reason. In order to get started again, you would have to pull off to the side of the road, close all the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and open all the windows again. For some unknown reason, you would simply do this without question.

4) Occasionally, executing a maneuver, such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5) Only one person could use the car at one time unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT", but then you would also have to buy more seats.

6) The new seats you would need would force everyone to have the same size butt.

7) You would press the "start" button to shut off the engine.

8) The oil warning light, water warning light, and alternator warning light would all be replaced by a single "Unidentified System Error" light.

9) The air bag would ask your freshly mangled body "are you sure" before going off.

10) Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you back in until you simultaneously lifted the driver side door handle, turned the key, and grabbed the radio antenna.

11) The radio antenna would be internally mounted on the passenger side of the car.

12) Buying a new car would force you to also purchase a new set of Deluxe Rand McNally road maps, despite the fact that you neither need nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause your cars performance to diminish by 50% or more.

13) Every time GM introduced a new car, people would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the old controls would function in the new car.

14) Apple would make a car that was five times faster, ten times more reliable and easier to maintain, twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the roads."
Old 06-24-2003, 08:14 AM   #2
gis
Regular User

LMAO thats great

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:30 AM   #3
draak666
Regular User

Nice to see this one.

If I remember well, the original reply to Bill Gates' statement was far shorter than those 14 points.

1) for no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice per day.
I believe this was the original reply.

Over time, I think, people have freely added some points to it.

e.g. 11) The radio antenna would be internally mounted on the passenger side of the car.
Is it just me or does this make absolutely no sense?
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:54 AM   #4
robruf
Regular User

My buddy who works in the graphic design field uses a G4 with special software and so does everyone else ,as Mac's are alot better than PC's. I cannot wait to get one when I move out of my parents house. The video editing software is so much better than what's available for PC's becuase everyone in the movie industry uses Mac's.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #5
crazidude
Regular User

lol
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote