Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 12-05-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
Wutputt
Regular User

Default Brussels Motorshow

These are my pictures of the Brussels Motorshow. They are quite old, I took them in January. I probably didn’t post them then, cause I went to the motorshow in between to exams. So I didn’t really had much time to upload the pics.

Nevertheless I had a great time. And before I went I had two missions in mind:
  • Getting into every stand (a lot of stands of the expensive cars are closed to normal public)
  • Plant my ass into as many cars as possible
I sadly didn’t succeed in my missions. I wasn’t allowed into the Porsche stand. Probably cause a lot of potential buyers were there that day (the Brussels Motorshow is more a buyers auto show, than a concept auto show). And I also didn’t go into the Rolls Royce stand. It was merely as big as the car itself so that didn’t really matter

I also didn’t got a change to sit in every car, but I have planted my ass into a Maybach 62 and a Conti GT. Especially the Conti GT was nice. I ask a guy from Bentley if I could sit in it. He replied: “No problem, Sir” (Sir? Oh James you’re flattering me. You may call me Wut, like my friends do ) Then, he grabbed a stylish napkin with a Bentley logo out of his pocket and opened the door with it for me. Nice

There were also some other downsides I encountered that day. For some reason there were no shows that day with hot butt-shaking girls
I also forgot my 256 MB card at home. I realised it when I already took some hundred pics. I had to delete quite a lot, otherwise I couldn’t take pics of the really exclusive cars. So you have to excuse me for the fact I didn’t take pics of all the manufacturers.

Sometimes the quality of the pics isn’t good or they are quite blurry. The problem with those shows is the bad lighting with all those spots. I don’t have a polarizing filter for my camera so all that light reflects on the cars, which is quite annoying.

Nevertheless, here are the pics. They are sort of alphabetically ordered:

Alfa Romeo:

Audi:

Bentley:

BMW & Alpina:

Brabus & Carlsson:

Chrysler & Dodge:

Citroën:

Ferrari:

Ford:

Gillet:

Jaguar:

Hommel (Michel) Vaillante:

Honda:

Lamborghini:

Lancia:

Land Rover:

Lotus:

Maserati:

Mazda:

Maybach:

Mercedes:

Mitsubishi:

MG:

Nissan:

Opel:

Peugeot:

Porsche:

Renault:

Rolls Royce:

Saab:

Skoda:

Smart:

[b]Subaru:

Toyota & Lexus:

Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Nice dude! A yellow R8? Never seen that before! New to me.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:26 AM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

Some new cars ey? Nice! It must have taken forever to put the images like you have!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:29 AM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

I've got a similar mission to yours for the NAIAS this year. Hopefully they'll let me into the Aston stand again this year hehe. Nice pics Wutputt, thanks a bundle!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #5
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
My missions for the next Barcelona Autoshow (next May) are the same... but I'm afraid that Porsche, Ferrari and this sort of stands are a bit unaccessible... however... we'll try.
Idd, you just have to try. If you don't try you can't have results. I thought it was impossible that I could sit in a Maybach, Bentley or Maserati. But I tried and apparently it was possible. That just made my day

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Some new cars ey? Nice! It must have taken forever to put the images like you have!
Yes it took me some time to upload them all.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
My missions for the next Barcelona Autoshow (next May) are the same... but I'm afraid that Porsche, Ferrari and this sort of stands are a bit unaccessible... however... we'll try.
Idd, you just have to try. If you don't try you can't have results. I thought it was impossible that I could sit in a Maybach, Bentley or Maserati. But I tried and apparently it was possible. That just made my day

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Yes it took me some time to upload them all.