Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 01:51 PM   #16
graywolf624
Regular User

"So the existance of Central America and the location of Mexico City is a debatable point? I have nothing to say on this point."

Reading comprhension my good friend. I'm talking about the Bush shot someone made. I'm aware she never actually said that but was addressing it as if she did since someone attributed such sayings to a stupid person.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:55 PM   #17
snacky
Regular User

Not that it means anything, but Bush went to private schools too.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
zevolv
Regular User

yeah but Bush is from Texas so that defeats it
Old 01-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by zevolv
yeah but Bush is from Texas so that defeats it
... but he got to be President of the United States of America - military leader of the free world... exactly what did you amount to again?
Old 01-21-2004, 02:57 PM   #20
zevolv
Regular User

yeah well he only got there because of Oil money and his dad you know and I'm not even old enough to be president and I'm still in College. Oh BTW it's funny that all the voring problems were in the state his brother was governer of. He's still a hick from Texas.

To quote a great movie: "Only two things come from Texas, steers and queers, and you don't look like a steer."
Old 01-21-2004, 03:04 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

yeah well he only got there because of Oil money and his dad you know and I'm not even old enough to be president and I'm still in College. Oh BTW it's funny that all the voring problems were in the state his brother was governer of. He's still a hick from Texas.

To quote a great movie: "Only two things come from Texas, steers and queers, and you don't look like a steer."
And his dad got there because why?

Now you blaming stupid democrat floridians on Jeb Bush?
Old 01-21-2004, 03:22 PM   #22
zevolv
Regular User

His dad was somewhat of a good president
Old 01-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #23
coloradosilver
Regular User

I don't know. I think that for all the shit that GWB has had to deal with in his current administration, he's done quite well. He had to get through the largest attack on American soil in the history of the world, Fought BinLaden, Captured Sadam, and Contributed to the peace negotiations with Libia. He's delt with more shit in the last 3 years than most of us will in a lifetime. He carroies one of the greatest burdens on him of any person in the world. Leading the US is one hell of a job, I think he's done quite well.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

His dad was somewhat of a good president
...so something good did come from Texas then?...
Old 01-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #25
zevolv
Regular User

He doesn't really do it himself though there are hundreds of people telling him what he should do and other people write his speaches. He might be able to deal with things but that doesn't exactly prove that he's smart he is still pretty low on the knowledge scale.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:34 PM   #26
yg60m
Regular User

You can't generalize to an entire nation from a single experience. Americans are not stupids.
However, a friend (french) told me that he was arrested by a cop in US and that when the cop asked them about their nationality and that they answered "french", he didn't know what they were talking about, so they finally said "europe".
Concerning Bush, now that he is president, it's hard to stop him from doing what he wants (or almost), we have the same problem in France and i suppose we are not alone.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:35 PM   #27
coloradosilver
Regular User

I know that he has advisors and many people helping him out, but ultimately the words must come from his mouth. He needs to take in all the info that he can from his people and make the best decisions that he can based on that info. He's acting in what he thing is the best interest of the safety and well-being of the American people. And I think he's done well at that.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
I don't know. I think that for all the shit that GWB has had to deal with in his current administration, he's done quite well. He had to get through the largest attack on American soil in the history of the world, Fought BinLaden, Captured Sadam, and Contributed to the peace negotiations with Libia. He's delt with more shit in the last 3 years than most of us will in a lifetime. He carroies one of the greatest burdens on him of any person in the world. Leading the US is one hell of a job, I think he's done quite well.
... don't worry - before long a Monday morning quarterback from some other god-forsaken hell-whole 10,000 miles away will begin posting how everything he (GW) and the USA has ever done is pure evil and only served to destabilize the world... blah blah...

it never ends...

The one consolation is that after it is all said and posted this afternoon, we will jump in our slow, badly handling,over weight Corvettes and drive someplace for no reason except wanting to drive...
Old 01-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #29
zevolv
Regular User

Damn those slow american V8s :roll:
Old 01-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #30
coloradosilver
Regular User

Watch your mouth zevolv!!
Closed Thread