Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-08-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Graywolf624 vs. SFDMALEX Fight Fight Fight!

I watched the title fight between contender Matt Serra , and defending champ, Georges St-Pierre.... and I came to the conclusion that I think both boxing and UFC would have the same outcome given each other's rules...

I personally cannot stand the idea that the persuer can continue knocking a guy beaten to the ground to a pulp... but after watching more then a few rounds over the last year or two, I think the outcome would still be in favor of the respective victors.

I have a lot more respect for boxers... but that's just me i guess....
Old 04-08-2007, 02:40 AM   #2
blinkmeat
Regular User

both are great imo - did st pierre win?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 AM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
both are great imo - did st pierre win?
No

huge upset! :shock:
Old 04-08-2007, 02:59 AM   #4
blinkmeat
Regular User

Did he lose cause he's canadian? or because he got pummeled?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
Did he lose cause he's canadian? or because he got pummeled?
He took a beating like a man..... like a man's man... knocked down 3-4 times before being unable to get back uip
Old 04-08-2007, 05:18 AM   #6
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

K1 Pride all the way.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
gucom
Regular User

K1 is often better to watch, and indeed UFC is a bit too vulgar for me sometimes (kicking ppl on the ground), but it's the most versatile, and probably the most "real" of the martial arts... What i really dont like to watch (although i respect it immensely, knowing just how tough it is), is when it's just a grappling match that goes on for 10 minutes, with very little explosive action...
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

UFC is a gathering of talentless bums and pussy American rules...they are actually money things that arent allowed in UFC which actually allow for all this beating to take place....For example in pride you can soccer kick someone in the head, and 90% of the time that'd be it the fight is stoped.

The quality of fighters is horrible in UFC, and the rules suck, way to much useless groud work allowed.

K1 is kickboxing so I dont know why anyone brought it up.

If you want MMA watch Pride.

Boxing in the sweet science, these UFC frat boys have nothing on boxers
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
graywolf624
Regular User

and probably the most "real" of the martial arts...
Uhh no.. It isnt real to fight on your back.. That shit dont work in the real world. That being said..
way to much useless groud work allowed.
In the real world you better know how to grapple too. Very rarely are you not going to go to the ground in a no rules fight. Theres a reason boxers have to be split when they grapple. In addition from experience I can tell you a martial art without grappling will get his ass kicked by someone who is semi decent at standing and can grapple. Just the way it is.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
and probably the most "real" of the martial arts...
Uhh no.. It isnt real to fight on your back.. That shit dont work in the real world. That being said..
way to much useless groud work allowed.
In the real world you better know how to grapple too. Very rarely are you not going to go to the ground in a no rules fight. Theres a reason boxers have to be split when they grapple. In addition from experience I can tell you a martial art without grappling will get his ass kicked by someone who is semi decent at standing and can grapple. Just the way it is.
Im trying to figure out what you are trying to argue here, I would love to watch a real wrestling match between two people who know wtf they are doing.

But the fact is that most UFC fighters are fucking bums who just happen to fight and when they go down they know fuck all about wrestling grappling and all you see is two retards rolling around the floor clueless as to what to do next.

Pride
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
graywolf624
Regular User

Im trying to figure out what you are trying to argue here, I would love to watch a real wrestling match between two people who know wtf they are doing.

But the fact is that most UFC fighters are fucking bums who just happen to fight and when they go down they know fuck all about wrestling grappling and all you see is two retards rolling around the floor clueless as to what to do next.
Im actually arguing two points.

A) the arguement that boxing is superior is foolish, a whole key part of fighting is outlawed. One that quite honestly would lead to almost any boxer (and just boxer) getting his ass kicked. If I could survive long enough to take one of the boxing best to the ground (Probably 50-50 probability if it were bare knuckle, much higher in my favor otherwise), I would beat their ass. And Im not exactly in the greatest shape of my life or as practiced. If you know what your doing you can pin their arms behind their back, then what are they going to do?

B) UFC is not grappling or fighting. They lay on their back and kick their feet up. I had a guy on my wrestling team that did this bullshit. It doesn't work for shit, in the real world Id spin your ass around and kick you in the head. That would be the end of it. And yet again.. Im not Mr. badass by any means. Its just there are some severe rule flaws in both styles that don't lend themselves to the real world.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #12
SFDMALEX
Regular User

1) Arguing which is better is useless, it's what one likes...

2) As far as UFC is concerned though I will argue that boxing is the superior sport simply due to the level of atheltes that participate in it. However this is not the case with other MMA leagues.

3) In boxing you learn to get hit, you learn to take punishment, in most MMA fights the first big hit is the end of the fight.

4) For you to say that you can take a 6foot6 250lb boxer and kick his ass is just pure arrogance. Considering these men completly shater men their own size with pillows on their hands I dont see how you would deal with even a jab down your pipe with no glove on. Im not talking about any hooks either.

5) A boxer your own size sure...I'll give you that maybe.

But lastly dont forget that boxers are taught toughness. And if you are to pick the toughest son of a bitch on the planet, it will always be some boxer.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #13
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i saw the PPV yesterday and the news they gave to the public was that UFC bought Pride. maybe now will see some more Pride fighter coming over to the UFC.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #14
graywolf624
Regular User

3) In boxing you learn to get hit, you learn to take punishment, in most MMA fights the first big hit is the end of the fight.

4) For you to say that you can take a 6foot6 250lb boxer and kick his ass is just pure arrogance. Considering these men completly shater men their own size with pillows on their hands I dont see how you would deal with even a jab down your pipe with no glove on. Im not talking about any hooks either.

5) A boxer your own size sure...I'll give you that maybe.

But lastly dont forget that boxers are taught toughness. And if you are to pick the toughest son of a bitch on the planet, it will always be some boxer.
I extremely beg to differ. I have in fact kicked the ass of a 6 foot 5 260 lb ameteur boxer doing just this. Who says Im going to let them hit me. If I shoot right away id dare say the choice is 50-50 whether they beat me to the punch. (Pun intended)

In real martial arts you learn to take a hit too. Trust me, I can take some damn hard hits. Im not going to take a direct hit from the best boxer ever mind you, but your assuming that he can hit me when Im shooting at his ankles. Thats a skill hes never practiced or had to use, and isnt in his power zone. Hitting someone down near your ankles is not the same thing as hitting around the midsection or head.

That all being said Im not a small guy. Back in the day I was 5' 11" 180 lbs with 1 percent body fat. Im a long way from that now, but your still basically down to whether the boxer can hit me before I take a shot.. Something hes never prepared to defend against. It is pretty arogant to argue he can defend or hit against something hes never seen.

Boxers are not nor have they ever been the toughest. A good wrestler is typically in way better shape pound for pound.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624

Boxers are not nor have they ever been the toughest. A good wrestler is typically in way better shape pound for pound.
There is no other sport, were you get hit more in the head and keep going then boxing. THat kinda ends the argument.

How is the wrestler the tougher guy when he never takes hits to the head? I dont get it.

Were a boxers whole job is to get hit and not go down.