Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #16
TT
Regular User

Here is TT too finally

the basic idea is very nice and this last suggestion maybe perfect... BUT,, the main problem, if we try to forget the messed up payment options we have, since not all of us have paypal or similar ... ok, the problem is the time needed for such thing... just to send something from uk to switzerland for instance is 5 days, and consider around 10 from europe to us... well, Christmas is so close LOL!
Old 12-13-2003, 06:54 PM   #17
jon_s
Regular User

It might have to be a belated present! Did not think it took 5 days to get to Europe! :shock:

I was thinking that we could all pay our own postage, I know this would be different for people sending across to the US for example, but if we established people who would be willing to pay that little bit extra, we may be able to sort out a chain.

There are logistic issues to sort out, but I love a challenge!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:09 PM   #18
gis
Regular User

LOL,a challenge we shall have jon and it will definately be later than xmas and probably into january 2004.but yeah jon,it does take about 5 days from here to around europe,the shortest time i seen is 4-5 days and that was me sendin sumthin to TT.so here to the US will be longer.but i think its still a good idea and would be up for it.i take it that it will start here in the UK?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:15 PM   #19
TT
Regular User

But what about the poster? Who will pay for it?

Here is another problem: I'm used to send items to US (and receive them).. a lot of them and I receive and send packaes every week.. and the fact is: you really have to use a wonder-packaging to make it safe... and to send the same poster over and over again, we will need an iron one because after two travels, a normal packaging would be killed...
Old 12-13-2003, 07:20 PM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Right, how about this, might be a bit complex, but hey!

Find a print of a Diablo/Ferrari e.t.c, a nice one! Then (this is where it gets complex!):

Get a definate list of who is going to be involved, then (concentrate lol), the person who bought signs it, and then sends it to another person in the list. Obviously we would sort this list out, as there is no point it going UK->US->UK->Australia->US->UKe.t.c but I think it would be worth the effort. Then there would be a personal touch from everyone who wanted to be involved.

I doubt it would cost too much individually to send a poster around the world. I think it would mean more if it had gone around the world for everyone to contribute!

What do you think?? Obviously only people who really know they will do this should apply, as it would be a shame to lose the poster half way!
I know I wasn't supposed to read this thread but I am so pleased that I did now.

I am truly touched by everyone's kindness and being so incredibly thoughtful.

That is a great idea about signing a poster and you're both right I would absolutely love that.... I wonder as well as sending the original around the world to be signed... if it could also be scanned in....then e-mailed to the first person who could then print it out and add their signature then re-scan it back in and send it onto the next person.

Obviously the quality could suffer depending on the quality of the scanning but it might still be a lot of fun to do.

Thanks again and especially to Anile8er for starting the ball rolling.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:26 PM   #21
stracing
Regular User

If we do this by air, then shipping costs is going to be expensive. its like 50 euros to get the thing here. and probably double that for us to send it back.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:27 PM   #22
gis
Regular User

LOL,your not goin to see this present now jabba coz Anile8er said he will kill you if you enter,lol

yes,i was wondering the same as TT aswell about the packaging so in a way sumthin like what jabba said could be a good idea,one problem,i dont own a scanner ops: lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:31 PM   #23
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
If we do this by air, then shipping costs is going to be expensive. its like 50 euros to get the thing here. and probably double that for us to send it back.
Dude, you're way off I already send a package of around 2 kg to Australia and it was like 30 Euro.. a poster in a tube would be less I hope
Old 12-13-2003, 07:31 PM   #24
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
one problem,i dont own a scanner ops: lol
Maybe you could add your signature electronically using the mouse or something then.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:32 PM   #25
Anile8er
Regular User

Right, how about this, might be a bit complex, but hey!

Find a print of a Diablo/Ferrari e.t.c, a nice one! Then (this is where it gets complex!):

Get a definate list of who is going to be involved, then (concentrate lol), the person who bought signs it, and then sends it to another person in the list. Obviously we would sort this list out, as there is no point it going UK->US->UK->Australia->US->UKe.t.c but I think it would be worth the effort. Then there would be a personal touch from everyone who wanted to be involved.

I doubt it would cost too much individually to send a poster around the world. I think it would mean more if it had gone around the world for everyone to contribute!

What do you think?? Obviously only people who really know they will do this should apply, as it would be a shame to lose the poster half way!
thats a fucking great idea
********* w00t!*********

what what WHAT!! no no no FUCK U!!!!!

p.s. Whysukit when u can fuck it?
Anile8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #26
Wide
Regular User

Yea.. Signin the poster is a really cool idea.. And I have no scanner 2 but I can have it from my friends or somewhere else..
We can put unique things on that poster 2 I though.. They can define person.. Just an idea..
Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #27
Anile8er
Regular User

LOL,your not goin to see this present now jabba coz Anile8er said he will kill you if you enter,lol

yes,i was wondering the same as TT aswell about the packaging so in a way sumthin like what jabba said could be a good idea,one problem,i dont own a scanner lol
and yes i m gonna kill him ive already packed antrax in a nice little package to his house and if that doesnt get him well its time to pack up and goto the uk and do it myself
********* w00t!*********

Old 12-13-2003, 07:38 PM   #28
Anile8er
Regular User

TT if u dont mind did u want to post a sticky asking who wants in all they have to do i reply with "Im In" for we have a list?
********* w00t!*********

Old 12-13-2003, 07:40 PM   #29
TT
Regular User

We should first decide what ppl that are in, have to do.. so it will be easier for ppl to say yes or no
Old 12-13-2003, 07:41 PM   #30
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Anile8er

yes,i was wondering the same as TT aswell about the packaging so in a way sumthin like what jabba said could be a good idea,one problem,i dont own a scanner lol
and yes i m gonna kill him ive already packed antrax in a nice little package to his house and if that doesnt get him well its time to pack up and goto the uk and do it myself
Wouldn't that kill the spirit of the idea if the person that the present is for has been killed by the person who suggested sending the present ?