Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE JW CORPORATE LOGO
I LOVE IT AND WOULD BUY ANYTHING THAT FEATURES THIS LOGO 0 0%
ITS GOOD BUT I WOULD ONLY BUY THE PRODUCTS THAT WOULDNT BE SEEN IN PUBLIC (T - SHIRTS) 0 0%
ITS GOOD BUT I WOULDNT BE INTERESTED IN BUYING ANYTHING 0 0%
ITS GOOD BUT I HAVE A BETTER IDEA (PLEASE LEAVE DETAILS BELOW) 0 0%
I DONT LIKE IT CAN YOU THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE 0 0%
694 100.00%
Voters: 694. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2003, 03:34 AM   #31
novass
Regular User

id definitely buy something. a hat or a t-shirt or something

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:05 AM   #32
TT
Regular User

i'm just worried as popularity increases so does the chance of some stupid lawyer wants to close this site. i know its already a risk now, its just a matter of when that day comes. but hope it never does
Yeh, you're right, but as in the real world, on the net you have to deal also with dumb ppl, so we can just hope to have the smallest possible number on JW
Old 10-13-2003, 04:14 AM   #33
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by justin syder
i just thought that this would be a slow but progresive way to turn a profit. i haven't been on any website like this where it really is about the community and ppl, not money. i said that cuz i dont hold back what i say and i cant apologize if i offend anyone. jabba you do understand though, having seen racinflix turn into a money making site instead of something more than just money in someones pocket. i didnt mean to make it seem like u were tryin to save up for an enzo but thats just the way it appeared to me. shit i dont know you really, besides to italian exotics, enough money to run a free site as a job/hobby and living in england. its easy to get things mixed up here.
Heres some advice for you...put brain into gear before starting mouth...that way you might not end up offending anyone when you have totally mis-understood what the idea is all about....sure your entitled to your opinion....but as its based on your incorrect presumptions then it doesn't mean a whole lot and of course we are also entitled not to have to read them

one good point you make is about giving some of the products away as prizes in competitions....yes I will be doing that as well...and I will be the one paying for them...so no worries there....as TT said I cant see the problem if someone wants to order their own though if they cant win any of the competitions....

I can assure you and everyone else that due to the nature of what JW is all about.... it will never accept any money whatsoever (the products are ordered directly from www.cafepress.com ) and thus will never even cover its running costs let alone "turn a profit"

anyway to answer the question about shipping costs...yes they ship world wide.....and here is all the information you should need....

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/shipping.aspx#1
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 01:33 PM   #34
DeMoN
Regular User

I can’t believe someone even thought that this was for an Enzo profit. To start with, I think they are all sold out right? Well that is not the point anyway. Back in those days where I participated in the racingflix forums, I met Jabba. He started sharing his bandwidth to racingflix users for NOTHING. From that day, he has always been willing to share his files with other people and ask only quality posts in return. Anyone knowing him from those days and anyone currently participating in this forum with half the brain can see that he is spending much more money (in bandwidth and TWO hosting servers), not mentioning time spent to manage the forums and recording the aired shows PLUS editing them to cut commercials out and compressing them to make them smaller and upload to his WebPages, than the profit that could come out from the t-shirts and other items HE DOES NOT SELL.

I am interested in buying the items not to make someone rich, but because I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THESE ITEMS. It is a symbol of a small community of car enthusiasts which I feel proud to be part of. I could spend all day writing about this subject, but I have to head to class.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #35
TT
Regular User

anyway to answer the question about shipping costs...yes they ship world wide.....and here is all the information you should need....

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/shipping.aspx#1
BTW, their international shipping charges are very very good!
Old 10-13-2003, 02:01 PM   #36
SkylineGTR34VspecII
Regular User

I am really looking forward to the merchandise. I like the logo a lot. Jabba, I remember that we were discussing whether cafepress would allow you to put the Ferrari and Lamborghini symbol on the merchandise. I am curious about what they had to say.
SkylineGTR34VspecII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:27 PM   #37
DeMoN
Regular User

A new logo is being worked on, it does have the horse and the bull, but it does not say FERRARI or LAMBORGHINI in it so maybe it will be possible!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:32 PM   #38
TT
Regular User

That's a cool idea!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:34 PM   #39
Jabba
Regular User

This is from their guide lines of what is and what is not acceptable

"No names, pictures or logos of companies or products (i.e. Nike logo or BMW products) "

As DeMon has said however we are working are a work around that might get past this problem....
Old 10-13-2003, 04:36 PM   #40
TT
Regular User

Anyway I suppose if it's not ok, they will inform you before it's to late, right?
Old 10-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #41
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I can’t believe someone even thought that this was for an Enzo profit. To start with, I think they are all sold out right? Well that is not the point anyway. Back in those days where I participated in the racingflix forums, I met Jabba. He started sharing his bandwidth to racingflix users for NOTHING. From that day, he has always been willing to share his files with other people and ask only quality posts in return. Anyone knowing him from those days and anyone currently participating in this forum with half the brain can see that he is spending much more money (in bandwidth and TWO hosting servers), not mentioning time spent to manage the forums and recording the aired shows PLUS editing them to cut commercials out and compressing them to make them smaller and upload to his WebPages, than the profit that could come out from the t-shirts and other items HE DOES NOT SELL.

I am interested in buying the items not to make someone rich, but because I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THESE ITEMS. It is a symbol of a small community of car enthusiasts which I feel proud to be part of. I could spend all day writing about this subject, but I have to head to class.
Thanks very much for all of the above... you to have worked very hard along with many others here to take us from a single thread on RF to where JW is today....thanks for all your excellent graphics that we all enjoy and appreciate very much....
Old 10-13-2003, 04:44 PM   #42
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Anyway I suppose if it's not ok, they will inform you before it's to late, right?
yeh they only print the logo onto the products that you order...I guess if they dont like the logo then they will refuse to print it...
Old 10-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #43
SkylineGTR34VspecII
Regular User

Well, best of luck to all of you. I'm sure whatever is made will be really nice. Either way I can't wait to sport a JW shirt.
SkylineGTR34VspecII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:51 PM   #44
Jabba
Regular User

Thanks and I am sure DeMon will have something ready for us soon...
Old 10-13-2003, 05:15 PM   #45
maalox

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I am interested in buying the items not to make someone rich, but because I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THESE ITEMS. It is a symbol of a small community of car enthusiasts which I feel proud to be part of.

I figured since Jabba was doing this site for free that eventually he would need some funds so if it was like that then i posted that i didn't like the idea but then i suggested that the items be won or given in a raffle. I would like to have won a t-shirt from JW and might also, MIGHT also want to pirchase it if i wanted it. I just dont like that my words were taken as an idiotic statement or that some members felt they had to defend jabba due to my lack of interest in buying a t shirt with JW on it, i must also point out that i wasnt the only one to vote "I DONT LIKE IT CAN YOU THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE".

by the way, i beefed up now, im officially a light weight- WATCH OUT! 8)