Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Default crashed today.............

went on my usual ride in the canyons today... testing out my new reverse-shift pattern..... everything was going good, guy I was with wanted to see a real tight road, so I took him to a road that is the tightest road ive ever been on... I told him he can go ahead and have fun, I would stay back and ride conservitevly since the road always seems to kick my ass. Well I wasnt really even going fast... I was in 2nd, doing maybe 40-50 going intot he turn when all of the sudden the clutch slipps, and puts me in neutral... the turn was also downhill, so this meant disaster... I quickly got on both breaks trying not to upset the suspension, starting to go wide, I breaked as much as I could, then tried to turn her real sharp to save it( seeing the ditch them rock wall to my right) and the front just washed out front under me sending the bike going sideways, I slammed right onto my left arm, then skipped and tumbled thru the road... the bike went straight into the dirt and buried it self in the quicksand like sand.... I was fortunate the dirt was like that, or else the bike would be totalled. instead the fairing bolts broke and they are barely staying on, but that can be repaired easily.... as for my arm, it burns pretty bad, and is swollen. I can move it fine, but just to be safe im going to urgent care tonight.