Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 12-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
evoWalo
Regular User

Default Ferraris to be designed by Indians

To be exact Ferrari is outsourcing the design of its Formula 1 engine to India's top software exporter Tata Consultancy Services. I guess there is hope for Schumi to lose next year.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:15 PM   #2
FerrariKiller
Regular User

can you cite any sources?

long live the moose
FerrariKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
FerrariKiller
Regular User

I have a feeling that many parts of Formula One cars are outsourced. It will be impossible to tell from a spectator's perspective whether this will have an impact on the Ferrari's performance. Regardless this will hardly hurt the performance of the Ferrari, so if all else remains the same, Schumi will keep doing what he has been.

long live the moose
FerrariKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #5
tekwar
Regular User

Well india has an abundant supply of talented IT professionals, so it really doesnt come as a surprise that anyone would go there for IT needs. I doubt this will have much effect on the car either way.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:39 PM   #6
sameerrao
Regular User

Default Re: Ferraris to be designed by Indians

Originally Posted by evoWALO
To be exact Ferrari is outsourcing the design of its Formula 1 engine to India's top software exporter Tata Consultancy Services. I guess there is hope for Schumi to lose next year.
I used to work for TCS some years back

Ferrari are screwed

Without reading all the articles, I think TCS will help Ferrari in the way HP is helping Williams - IT outsourcing, engineering design support, simulation, etc....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:21 PM   #7
styla21
Regular User

Thanks for the links Evo, it's interesting.. Do you really think that Ferrari, on the back of these consecutive World Championships would jeopardise this streak by employing some dodgy company? unlikely.. I'm sure they've done their research and based their decision on what will get them the best result.
styla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:23 PM   #8
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21
Thanks for the links Evo, it's interesting.. Do you really think that Ferrari, on the back of these consecutive World Championships would jeopardise this streak by employing some dodgy company? unlikely.. I'm sure they've done their research and based their decision on what will get them the best result.
TCS is not a dodgy company ... it may have lousy HR inside but the company has a lot of smart brains ....

Doesnt explain why I left it .... does it ...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 12-06-2004, 11:49 PM   #9
evoWalo
Regular User

styla21 it could be a matter of cost that pushed Ferrari to outsource the dev of their Formula 1 engines.

sameerrao is your former employeers known for mechanical/automotive engineering?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

styla21 it could be a matter of cost that pushed Ferrari to outsource the dev of their Formula 1 engines.

sameerrao is your former employeers known for mechanical/automotive engineering?
The group company Tata has a car and truck making division - Tata Engineering. Another division - Tata Consulting Engineers does engineering design.

So i guess TCS can pull together knowledge from these sources. But F1 is lightyears away from normal car engineering

But anyway, I think they would be more on software and hardware support - simulation, etc....

Old 01-16-2005, 05:33 PM   #11
lerex29
Regular User

I can't beleive you call them "indians" ...... When americans discovered the natives, the only reason they were labelled indians is because they had dark skin and looked like they were from india. Now, imo, ferrari needs to stay grounded, however if the technology proves to be supreme then it may be for the better.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ I dont get it.

People from India should be called Indians.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #13
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by lerex29
I can't beleive you call them "indians" ...... When americans discovered the natives, the only reason they were labelled indians is because they had dark skin and looked like they were from india.
LOL Unless I am very much mistaken this is not 1200 AD or so... Bud there happens to be a world outside North America.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #14
benan
Regular User

turk yok mu ?downlad isi nasıl yapiliyo
benan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:03 PM   #15
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by benan
turk yok mu ?downlad isi nasıl yapiliyo
Nyet