Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-31-2003, 11:56 AM   #1
Moumou
Regular User

Default Not Feeling the Enzo so much!

I know I'm about to cause some controversy here...but I ain't feeling the Enzo! :cry: I want to but can't. I read the "Enzo in New York" article...c'mon: an Enzo breaking down like that? Not cool. Especially when it's the top of the line flagship model...I don't thing the Carrera GT would do such a thing: the mechanical design is so pure it's not only beautiful, but also very clean and strong. Even the Koennigsegg looks more durable. As for the SLR, this thing weighs so much and handles so badly according to CAR that I got turned off as well. It's weird, when you read about supercars, you're suppose to get that 'super' feeling, not an article full of critical words. Every supercar should be amazing to drive, in it's own way. The Carrera GT articles had no major criticism. My ranking?

- Carrera GT
- Koennigsegg CC
- Lambo Murcielago
- Pagani Zonda
- Enzo Ferrari
- Ford GT
- Merc SLR

What yall think?

Carrera GT All the way!! 8)

- Mo
Old 12-31-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
stradale
Regular User

I agree the 'Enzo in NY' story causes some concern for the Enzo's build quality. But you shouldn't base your opinion on the Enzo on this article too much. It's about the Enzo in an environment that doens't really suit it and for which it wasn't designed. Read the articles of EVO and the article of CAR where JK picks up his Enzo at the factory in Maranello. That's what the Enzo is all about.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
godspeed06
Regular User

- Carrera GT
- Koennigsegg CC
- Lambo Murcielago
- Pagani Zonda
- Enzo Ferrari
- Ford GT
- Merc SLR
- Carrera GT
- Pagani Zonda
- Koennigsegg CC
- Lambo Murcielago
- Ford GT
- Enzo Ferrari
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
Moumou
Regular User

Haha...the Merc ain't even in the picture godspeed06! What a disaster...Mclaren should've never gone for the joint venture...especially after creating the best ever supercar in the world: the F1.

One thing I'm interested in is seing Bugatti's Veyron in action...have no idea how that will perform.

We'll have to wait and see...
Old 12-31-2003, 02:09 PM   #5
dis3as3d
Regular User

BAH, the Enzo is a race car. Plain and simple look at the interior and the design, they have one purpose PERFORMNCE.

If you want reliability get a honda, if you want a race car(for the road) get a ferrari.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:24 PM   #6
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I agree with yall, putting the CGT at the top, but I was just wondering why you had the SLR even on the list.. it looks like a shark..and then the Gallardo above the Ford GT, do you think the Lambo is better?
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 06:55 PM   #7
Moumou
Regular User

No questions the Enzo is beautiful...but shouldn't it be beautiful AND reliable? I read the JK article and yes I did find it exhilirating, but the Porsche is much more 'to the point' in terms of mechanical design...I mean most supercars mentioned above have manual transmissions. Why can't Ferrari have a manual tranny?! To make a marginal profit on each car? (I wouldn't think they need it at that price level!) The Enzo IS a wondefull supercar - I have total respect for the engeneers and designers - but it's got too much 'technology' if that makes any sense. It's almost complicated I feel. The CGT is simple, to the point. And I feel simple is beautiful. Plus I'm not sure if the Enzo would beat the CGT on "nearly anything on the track" (as everso mentions).

Good debate guys!
Old 12-31-2003, 07:22 PM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Moumou
No questions the Enzo is beautiful...but shouldn't it be beautiful AND reliable? I read the JK article and yes I did find it exhilirating, but the Porsche is much more 'to the point' in terms of mechanical design...I mean most supercars mentioned above have manual transmissions. Why can't Ferrari have a manual tranny?! To make a marginal profit on each car? (I wouldn't think they need it at that price level!) The Enzo IS a wondefull supercar - I have total respect for the engeneers and designers - but it's got too much 'technology' if that makes any sense. It's almost complicated I feel. The CGT is simple, to the point. And I feel simple is beautiful. Plus I'm not sure if the Enzo would beat the CGT on "nearly anything on the track" (as everso mentions).

Good debate guys!
The Enzo has F1 paddles because it's supposed to be an F1 car for the road which it is. That is why it has all the technology. People seem to forget that fact. It's an F1 car for people. It's not supposed to be anything else.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:55 AM   #9
Ivanhoe
Regular User

for me the only cars that make the list is :

Cgt
pagani zonda c12 s
gt40

everso, bad luck? i think not. when i read the article i pissed my pants from laughter (not literally). it is soo typical of a ferrari. and it being hardcore? just because it doesnt have a nice luxurious looking interior like the cgt doesn't mean its "hardcore" and the cgt is a rolls royce supercar. looking back at another thread titled CARRERA GT, Hobopie like many others said that the carrera gt is most likely faster than the enzo around the n-ring. the n-ring is probably the feircest track on earth, with its uphills, downhills and what-not. however the enzo might be able to beat the cgt in a flater smaller track. keep in mind that the enzo is over a mil and the cgt is not. definetly cgt over ferrari. i really dont see how ferrari lovers can argue this as even the engine note of the cgt is better sounding...not to mention the looks :roll:
Old 01-01-2004, 03:35 AM   #10
yg60m
Regular User

If you can't drive through the city with an Enzo without breaking it is annoying ! I agree it is not its favorite area but it is difficult to drive "normally" without passing through cities !! Or maybe pick it on a truck when you pass a city and then put it on the road and each time you have a city you wait your truck to pick your Enzo on ...
Anyway I don't think the CGT would have broken in the same conditions and I want to point out that the Enzo tested by EVO in England broke too and it even cause a traffic jam . :shocked!:
Old 01-01-2004, 04:31 AM   #11
HoboPie
Regular User

I did say the CGT can beat the Enzo around the Ring, but keep in mind that the CGT was tested there. The Enzo had a problem with the suspension setup and done properly it could be competitive.(professional opinion says it is pretty close anyway)

On a track like Hockenheim even members like St-Angers(Porsche expert working with Porsche) say it is likely the Enzo will win. They are both very impressive. The Enzo probably takes the performance crown overall, but it specific situations like the Ring the CGT has an advantage.

I also do prefer the CGT interior, but I am an all out Enzo fan in the end.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:55 AM   #12
Chingachgook
Regular User

My ranking:

Enzo Ferrari
Carrera GT
Pagani Zonda C12S
Koenigsegg CC8S

The Enzo, like I said on another topic, is a F1 for the road, I don't like so much the F1 tranny, bit it's way faster than a manual. How many drivers could change gears so fast, without making a single error? Yes, when you're not pushing hard it's annoying, but when you change up with full throttle, it's lightning fast. The handling is superb, maybe too extreme for road use but on the track is perfect.

The CGT is well built, but it doesn't show the passion of Ferrari. BTW, it's a fantastic car
Old 01-02-2004, 12:21 AM   #13
afraidtomod
Regular User

where's the "Enzo in NY" story?
afraidtomod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 12:38 AM   #14
Ivanhoe
Regular User

o.k. now from hearing hobopie (and sorta st.anger) the cgt is possibly faster than the enzo on the n-ring but is most likely slower on a track like hockenheim. the cgt is waayy less than the enzo in terms of money. (i hate that!) ferrari ALWAYS does that. its hard to beat something 300,000 (more?) dollars more than itself. i still respect the enzo but not to the same degree as the cgt. the cgt finds a way to make even the interior luxurious for god's sake.. AND it WONT break down in NY like the enzo did.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:06 AM   #15
Hawk
Regular User

Ya I havent seen this? Where is it?
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote