Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #76
freddiefish
Regular User

Originally Posted by FoxFour View Post
I think the PS-90 weighs about 6 lbs. The AK is the heaviest, I would say 8 to 12 lbs.
The FN FiveSeveN pistol weighs about 19 oz. The Ruger SR-9 is about 26 oz. and the little Kel Tec, that weighs about 9 oz.
My next purchase I am expecting today or tomorrow. I ordered an FN FS2000 carbine. I will post pics when I get it.
Nice gun. I'm from belgium, they make these guns here. Don't you like the standard one more? The scoop seems nice. Don't know, depends on what you like most i guess.
freddiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #77
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Corgi View Post
The only thing better than shootin' guns is doin' donuts in my F150 yeeee haw!
Nice try, but no self respecting gun toting redneck (which is the stereotype you're trying to promote) would be caught driving an F150 - thats a chicks truck... if you are doing donuts in your F250 or F350 crew-cab duallie then we might have a story here.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #78
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by freddiefish View Post
Nice gun. I'm from belgium, they make these guns here. Don't you like the standard one more? The scoop seems nice. Don't know, depends on what you like most i guess.
I got the rifle yesterday. Do like the scoped standard model but they are on backorder. FNH USA has a deal, if you buy this rifle before Sept. 30, you will get a free C-More reflex sight. Yes, the manual site is a little weird; sits low and kinda hard to sight. I will take some pics Monday, have a very busy weekend coming up.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:21 AM   #79
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by caru View Post
With guns everywhere you can't protect yourselves obviously.
I can't say I agree. Crime rates suggest otherwise in the states. Lastly, when guns are outlawed, only registered well-meaning owners will lose their guns. Criminals aren't usually terribly worried about registering guns and there'd be no way to know they had them. Sooo, as the old saying goes, guess who would have guns and who wouldn't after a ban?

I tried to keep it focused and super brief. I'm sorry if I've made this too political.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #80
freddiefish
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
I can't say I agree. Crime rates suggest otherwise in the states. Lastly, when guns are outlawed, only registered well-meaning owners will lose their guns. Criminals aren't usually terribly worried about registering guns and there'd be no way to know they had them. Sooo, as the old saying goes, guess who would have guns and who wouldn't after a ban?

I tried to keep it focused and super brief. I'm sorry if I've made this too political.
but less guns= less kills.
Here in Europe most people don't have guns. But that's no problem at all. It might seem strange if you live in the usa, but this system is actually better. You can buy them if you're an enthousiast, but not just in a shop, and you will have to go to a shooting range from time to time. Look at the movie from michael more about guns:bowling for columbine, he gives a good comparisson between the usa ( where evereybody has a gun) and canada (where nobody has a gun). Essence is: there are lots of stupid people out there, or people who shouldn't have guns in some situations: don't give them guns!

And in case of a ban: there will certainly be less criminals with a gun, now they can just go buy one. And citisens shooting criminals is no solution, look at the killingrate of europe vs the killing rate of the usa.
freddiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:58 AM   #81
79TA
Regular User

I've seen the movie and it did not sway me. Your (although unreferenced and unstated) statistic is not epiphinal. Notice that it says nothing of crime rates or violent crime. You should probably do some first hand research on your own rather than letting Michael Moore feed you twisted truth. And no, not everyone in the U.S. is allowed to own a gun. We do withhold them from certain types of criminals etc.

This is what I meant when I was afraid I made it too political. I'd love to continue the argument/discussion, but I'm going to leave these boards civil and just stop now. Sorry for the near hi-jacking Fox.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #82
5vz-fe
Regular User

Another reason why you should have a gun to protect your family.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,429503,00.html

INDIANAPOLIS — A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter's bedroom, police said.

Police responding to a call from the city's northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said Meyers had a heart condition and may have had a heart attack. An autopsy was planned.

Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl's bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife. He was familiar with the home's layout because it belonged to a relative, police said.

The girl awoke and screamed when she saw the man in her room, police said. The father responded and struggled with the intruder while the girl's mother phoned 911.
Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally.

"If a person breaks into your home, you are justified in using deadly force in defending your family," said Mount. "In this situation, I don't think he was trying to kill him, he was trying to hold him down."

Meyers had served 10 years in prison for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender. He was registered as a sex offender in Marion County.

Police said Meyers lived with his mother and had recently lost his job.
The death is under investigation and will be reviewed by a Marion County prosecutor.
"Nobody wins," McNally told The Indianapolis Star. "It's a lose-lose situation for everybody. He has family also."
He said his daughter went to church Sunday after the incident.