Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
a007apl
Regular User

Default Image processing on Senna's camera car video

http://www.cineca.it/sap/sennacar_video.htm
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

this is very old, and not everyone who see's it will gets what is going on.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
a007apl
Regular User

Its old yes , but slow mode camera no
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i have seen this before, yes. They were trying to prove that the steering column broke on Senna's car as he entered the turn. It was basically the Italian law that says blame must be placed on someone for an accidental death.

Frank Williams was accused of failing to maintain Senna's car and thus being responsible for his death. The prosecution used Senna's snapped steering column to show how it had worn through, and the the video clip, which was tracking the arc that the button's made as the wheel moved. going into Tamburello they say is when the column seperated and Senna lost control.

It's this law that caused some of the team principals to consider boycotting the Italian races unless they were exempted from that law last year or the year before.
Frankly, i agree with them. that law is rediculous.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
Toronto
Regular User

it isn't really that rediculous, it doesn't have to do with racing, it has to do with all roads
Old 07-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
szumszer
Regular User

well if there indeed was neglect to maintain the car, highly unlikely, then williams would be to blame, however if this was a freak malfunction, then it looks a little different; there is always a need for some degree of responsibility as countless accidents from racing past indicate, however some things are beyond control ... it is just too bad that senna had to loose his life in that accident
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by szumszer
well if there indeed was neglect to maintain the car, highly unlikely, then williams would be to blame, however if this was a freak malfunction, then it looks a little different; there is always a need for some degree of responsibility as countless accidents from racing past indicate, however some things are beyond control ... it is just too bad that senna had to loose his life in that accident
Williams was actually aquitted of the charges. I dont understand why they went after Williams though.

Toronto- Pretty much what i meant was that it's stupid they would apply that law to racing. Obviously it is a dangerous sport and many things can go wrong that you would never see out on the road.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #8
jenkF1
Regular User

Didn't they prove the column snapped after impact?

A docu on UK Tv recently said the cause was mainly due to a low ride height emphasised by low tyre presures cus of the safety car and the car bottoming out big time.

Anybody remember Damon's comments on the anniversary laying the blame squarely at Senna? That really was not called for.

Whatever happened we where robbed on that day...

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote