Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-28-2004, 07:24 PM   #46
X-ale
Regular User

Thanks for the heads up Thamar. So basicly, to not create condensation Jabba should do what stergiopilus and Rukee said + get a mini-fridge big enough to put his puter in + wireless externals evrything. At this point i'd consider cleaning up with compress air hassle a bargain.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:19 AM   #47
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba@Home
No idea about other cooling systems. After a lot of hard thinking being able to run a system 24/7 is more important to me than the extra 600 mhz that the VP allows me to over clock out of my 3.4 ghz (3.4 to 4.0 ghz)

Currently looking at converting it to an air cooled system.
well, jabba... when converting, i will most highly recomend using these brand heatsinks... they are quite acurately, the best air cooling solution available, and i have been running for two years now quite happily
the updated design allows for greater air velocities, and a higher rate of heat soak... so quieter fans, and greater cooling
you wont likely hit those 600mhz clock speeds... but cirtainly half that with no problem, i think.
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcx478-V.asp
Old 08-29-2004, 09:50 AM   #48
mindgam3
Regular User

Yeah that does seem fairly stupid that savrow can't take the blame for it, or at least should've done some testing to make sure this kind of thing doesen't happen. Most people i've spoken to have had their problems solved by savrow but this seems to be a very big and very expensive exception.

I think you should post something about it in their client feedback forum to let others know about it.....
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote