Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
lappies
Regular User

Default San Marino, 1st lap, Shumacher vs. Montoya

Firstly, I am a huge M.Schumacker Fan!! On the first lap, where Montoya tried to overtake M.S., M.S. pushed Montoya onto the grass! Was that a legal action or not? M.S. had the racing line, and used it to full effect. I feal Montoya should have backed off before M.S. hit him. If damage was to be caused by them connecting, it must have been Montoya's fault!! Any Comments?
lappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
gucom
Regular User

ur totally right, schumi just followed his racing line he was already on, if Montoya suffered any damage he owes it to himself
Old 04-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #3
tanelvali
Regular User

Just racing situation. I was surprised to hear montoya at the press conference.. but Montoya has a lot of temper and is a nervewreck as we have seen and read on many occasions. Stupid drug dealer..
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #4
lappies
Regular User

Stupid drug dealer, thats the best Motoya joke i've heard in a long time! Yup, the press conference was defenetly surprising, and i would have thought Scumi would say something back, but it just shows who's the better man (and driver)!!
lappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #5
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Default Re: San Marino, 1st lap, Shumacher vs. Montoya

Originally Posted by lappies
Firstly, I am a huge M.Schumacker Fan!! On the first lap, where Montoya tried to overtake M.S., M.S. pushed Montoya onto the grass! Was that a legal action or not? M.S. had the racing line, and used it to full effect. I feal Montoya should have backed off before M.S. hit him. If damage was to be caused by them connecting, it must have been Montoya's fault!!
Exactly. Montoya needs to know when to back off. :roll:

CONGRATS SCHUMI!!!!!

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!

Stupid drug dealer..
hahaha
Old 04-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

Yep, it's totally Montoya's fault. I watched the in car view in Michael's car, he's totally on the racing line. Montoya seems to moan alot when things is not coming his way.. :fist:
Old 04-25-2004, 02:06 PM   #7
jon_s
Regular User

Montoya needs to learn when to shut up!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
noosee
Regular User

I think Montoya did exactly the same thing in the past. And not once.
So Shumi did the right thing.
Maybe if he would back up and Montoya would overtake him race would be more interesting.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:19 PM   #9
vanquish
Regular User

Here is my analysis of start:

Montoya tried to overtake outside at tosa corner. Schumi took inside line when he was braking and let Juan to come to his right side. At corner, schumi kept his line and forced Juan to grass. I think its a fair race situation. Maybe not best place for Juan to try to overtake. Juan might have succeeded if front of him would have been some other driver than Schumi. I dont believe that Schumi gets a penalty for that. Did you notce that Schumi did a 'schumi' start again. No, it wasnt dangerous but nicely secured his start...
vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:30 PM   #10
hwe
Regular User

Yep, as far as I could tell Schumacher did nothing wrong. I also think Montoya should have backed off.
Montoya have been making some passing moves and attempts where he relies on the other driver to move out of the way, if not they often will touch. And he seems pretty grumpy when things doesn't go his way. Its not the first time he's like that on the podium and press conference.

Btw; take a look at this one if you haven't seen it before, Montoya "crashing" http://teybrady.dnsalias.com:23/Cool...adomontoya.wmv
hwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:31 PM   #11
vanquish
Regular User

When watching in car cam, schumi turns to right at the end of Tosa corner. Juan was at the right side too. Was it because of oversteering or forcing Juan even more to gras?

News: FIA didnt penalize Michael
vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #12
hwe
Regular User

"Michael had a poor start, he was slow, I went to pass him and he closed the door twice then came straight at me and hit me and put me on the grass," said Montoya. "He hit me on the side but there was no damage.

"It is disappointing to have racing like that and I will be surprised it he gets away with it. I understand he has to defend his position but how far can he be allowed to do this?

"He said he didn't see me, he didn't know I was there. He probably forgot to look. I got in front of him before Tosa. He didn't see me? He must be blind or stupid."

"Look at Indianapolis last year - there I was given a drive- through and that cost me the championship. I would be champion now - and he gets away with it. The rules are not fair. They should be for Ferrari and everyone else."

cut from; http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...25205015.shtml
x 1993 Saab 900i 2.1
hwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #13
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by hwe

"He said he didn't see me, he didn't know I was there. He probably forgot to look. I got in front of him before Tosa. He didn't see me? He must be blind or stupid."
Now with comments like that he doesnt get any of my respect. Doesnt matter who he said it to, but in my book its a no no calling someone stupid on a proffesional level...very childish.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:30 PM   #14
astjr
Regular User

Originally Posted by noosee
I think Montoya did exactly the same thing in the past. And not once.
So Shumi did the right thing.
Maybe if he would back up and Montoya would overtake him race would be more interesting.
Let's say for the moment that M.S. did the un-racer like thing and yielded the corner to Montoya, (Never Happen). J.P.M. would have been retaken in short order, maybe before the end of the first lap. He just did not have the pace to compete, again!!! Montoya was not in Michael's mirrors at the finish. He never was a threat for the win, Button out paced him for second. Don't complain about the winner of a race fouling you when you could not even manage second place. J.P.S. once again wants to make Ferrari the reason for his lack of results and poor judgement. Keep pace and more people might care about what you have to say!!! If I were having this many problems getting my job done I would not say things that drew attention to that fact.
astjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #15
callen
Regular User

i laughed so hard at montoyas pathetic comments. take third thats all u deserve, what does he think? because schumi 'tapped' him on the first corner that this affected the rest of his race...? how come he couldnt beat jenson? JP is a little baby, and to say micheal cant drive when he sits beside him, winner of the race?!?! montoya is a little girl IMO 8)