Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
golfiste
Regular User

Default who do you think will win formula one?ferrari or renault ?

hello

i watched the formula one grand prix at the nurburgring and was thinking that the scuderia is able to make a come back,so i would like to know opinions of people thinking ferrari can beat renault and alonso.In my opinion,it will be difficult because alonso is making his last year with renault and i think that alonso wants to do everything possible to prove mercedes mc laren that he is a good investment.In the other hand,ferrari
is like a religion ,it is my dream team in fact you can get enough of the scuderia it is like a drug.I would like to see them win the championiship
but there is alonso ,he is like the schumacher from 13 years ago .

car videos
golfiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #2
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

all i can tell you is what i hope.. i hope ferrari wins.. for two reasons.. one is that i'm a ferrari fan.. two.. i just hate alonso! dont ask me why i just do.. he's not very likeable..
anyways best of luck to ferrari, and i hope goddamn Renault will have a hydraulic failure (seems to be popular this year )

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
Regular User

i think that alonso wants to do everything possible to prove mercedes mc laren that he is a good investment
Maybe McLaren should prove Alonso that they are a good inverstment for him. Renauls is faster, but maybe McLaren will comeback later this year. I hope McLaren and Honda will also be competing for the championship, it could be possible.

I don't think ferrari can win this race, Renault had been a lot faster during the test in the winter on this circuit. But who knows what will happen.

but there is alonso ,he is like the schumacher from 13 years ago
In my opinion, Schumacher is still the schumacher from these years. He still proves himself to be one of the fastest drivers in the world.
03200165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
golfiste
Regular User

everso are you ok?

car videos
golfiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by golfiste
everso are you ok?
lol

I think it will play between Renault and Ferrari. Ferrari comes back very strong and Fisichella isn't helping a lot ... McLaren might also improve but I think it will be too late and, as opposite to last year, they don't have the best chassis so they have to fill the gap between them and Renault.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i think alonso is getting nervous now that Schumi has won a couple of races. nervousness and frustation will be alonso's downfall.

IF mclaren get's their luck sorted out within the next 2 races, i think they will have a shot for an upset, but it's not looking too likely.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
i think alonso is getting nervous now that Schumi has won a couple of races. nervousness and frustation will be alonso's downfall.

IF mclaren get's their luck sorted out within the next 2 races, i think they will have a shot for an upset, but it's not looking too likely.
No i don't think he's nervous, he's smart enough not to feel under pressure. Take last year McLaren had the quickest car but he still never felt under pressure. As long as he knows his package is on par if not quicker than the ferrari he won't feel nervous.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I talked about the last race in the 'Ring with my coach.. Basically Ferrari won in the pits.. If they keep up their pitting strategy against others.. I wouldnt be surpised if Ferrari took this championship..
Old 05-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
I talked about the last race in the 'Ring with my coach.. Basically Ferrari won in the pits.. If they keep up their pitting strategy against others.. I wouldnt be surpised if Ferrari took this championship..
You have to accept the fact that if the performance of the car is similar, it is very hard to past on the track. Also, with the current point system, it discourage ppl to make drastic moves on track.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #10
360modena
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
You have to accept the fact that if the performance of the car is similar, it is very hard to past on the track. Also, with the current point system, it discourage ppl to make drastic moves on track.
100% agree with that, this point system killed competition, this just mean drive safe and you'll be the world champion.
Well about Ferrari I think they have significantly increased the car capacity but 13 F... points to get to a guy that doesn't get less than 8 point by race make me pessimistic. If Ferrari win as selective as Spain grand-prix it's possible let's cross fingers else too late!!!
360modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:06 PM   #11
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Which is why F1 is such crap these days!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #12
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

F1 doesn't suck the FIA SUCKs!! (and caused F1 to lose it soul) but better times will come i'm sure!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

No i don't think he's nervous, he's smart enough not to feel under pressure. Take last year McLaren had the quickest car but he still never felt under pressure. As long as he knows his package is on par if not quicker than the ferrari he won't feel nervous.
he knew it was a matter of time before the Mclaren broke though, so what was there to worry about with them? Alonso had the faster car, but his championship was that of luck. by the time Ferrari had a competitive race, he had the points locked up and only had to worry about his pitstops. Now that he has some competition this year from Schumacher, and believe you me, he knows that the Ferarri is NOT ailing this year, he has to actually watch his back, because if he doesn't michael will be right on his gearbox and breaking away while Alonso is taking it easy.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
Toronto
Regular User

it is a 2 horse race. it doesn't matter about schumi or alonso.
it is down to massa and fisi for what team will win.

but then again kimi is only 8points back, schumi out in a race and he could be right back in.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #15
Everlasting
Regular User

hopfully Ferrari !
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote