Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: What would you prefer - to those who would come
Visiting Dealership in Singen + Porsche + Mercedes Museum 2 6.45%
^^^+ Driving (~400km) to the Nürburgring and having there a BBQ (overall a two day meet) 12 38.71%
Meeting at the Nürburgring + BBQ 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:01 AM   #166
DeanGTI
Regular User

Me and Jon will be in my MK3 Golf GTI. We will defiantly be there.

'98 Golf GTI 8v
JW Nurburgring Attendee '07
www.walish.co.uk
Old 01-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #167
TopGearNL
Regular User

If I make it I will show up in a Audi RS2.
Sounds good to me!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #168
jon_s
Regular User

Insurance on the Ring is proving to be a pain in the ass. What are you lot doing about it?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #169
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Do you know how many people can be in the car when lapping the Ring? is it limited to only 2 as it is in the Barcelona trackdays? also... is it mandatory to use helmet?
As many passengers as the car legally holds via seatbelts. No helmets required.

Imagine a tour bus with all the passengers wearing helmets! That would make for a pretty damn cool pic.

What's scary is you often will see people riding sport bikes with passengers on the back!!! talk about not the brightest of things...

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
Old 01-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #170
TopGearNL
Regular User

Imagine a tour bus with all the passengers wearing helmets! That would make for a pretty damn cool pic.
LMAO!

A passenger on the back of a bike isn't to bright I agree
Old 01-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #171
DeanGTI
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by jon_s
Insurance on the Ring is proving to be a pain in the ass. What are you lot doing about it?
Nothing, if shit happens shit happens I dont have insurance when driving on tracks here in Norway either so.....

I will bring a helmet for myself ,and if nobody else are thinking of bringing I will bring two as I do not want to have a passanger without an helmet on when driving on a track...
according to the vast amounts I have read about the ring recently, insurance is a requirement. Without it your 'not meant' to be aloud on. Im sure people still get on without insurance, but as I'm sure you already know its classed a road, therefore insurance is required.

'98 Golf GTI 8v
JW Nurburgring Attendee '07
www.walish.co.uk
Old 01-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #172
Wutputt
Regular User

On the public theys the car must idd be registered and have an insurance.

But you can also register a race car and insure it (think about the Edo GT2's, or the Zakspeed Viper)
Old 01-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #173
jon_s
Regular User

Dean found some insurance - £150 per person!

Although, when you consider you get billed 10k per 1m of damaged barrier - it could be a small out lay.

Dean and I may assume the role of track side photographers and play around in the mountain hills.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #174
harryo2b
Regular User

I'm confused or being confused.

For a car/bike/bus/truck anything with wheels to be able to lap the 'Ring it has to meet safety inspections and be a current registered vehicle and must have insurance covering the vehicle. It doesn't mean you need track insurance, unless this was something new added for 2007?

http://nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.html
http://nurburgring.org.uk/adac.html

Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #175
Kiran
Regular User

Originally Posted by harryo2b
It doesn't mean you need track insurance, unless this was something new added for 2007?
indeed, I was wondering the same thing
Old 01-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #176
TopGearNL
Regular User

I don't think you need track insurance. I wanted to go with my dad and his insurance company only needed to be ''informed'' if he was going to drive on the Ring.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #177
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
What's scary is you often will see people riding sport bikes with passengers on the back!!! talk about not the brightest of things...
I found a company that rents bikes so that you can drive the Ring. I concidered it already, since it seems impossible to use a rental car there :cry: But, since I haven't ride a motorcycle in two years, I think it's not very wise to do the reunion with motorcycles at the Ring

My friend offered me his/his companys E36 M3 cabrio for the trip, if it's available then. Sadly, it's not possible to know if it's available in beforehand and I have to book flights very soon if I want them cheap. I hate this. Coming to Nürnburgring is like a dream, but coming there without a car is like a nightmare
I lapped it in a rented Audi A4 1.8T.. of course you better not rent it near the track, they'd guess you could use it there. I rented mine here in Switzerland (Europcar) and of course they never guessed, but well, in their contract they say you can't use it on track or at motoring events.
The ring isn't really a track for the law, is it? And anyway I tried my best not to be an hooligan
Old 01-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #178
harryo2b
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by mrmojo77
I found a company that rents bikes so that you can drive the Ring. I concidered it already, since it seems impossible to use a rental car there :cry: But, since I haven't ride a motorcycle in two years, I think it's not very wise to do the reunion with motorcycles at the Ring

My friend offered me his/his companys E36 M3 cabrio for the trip, if it's available then. Sadly, it's not possible to know if it's available in beforehand and I have to book flights very soon if I want them cheap. I hate this. Coming to Nürnburgring is like a dream, but coming there without a car is like a nightmare
I lapped it in a rented Audi A4 1.8T.. of course you better not rent it near the track, they'd guess you could use it there. I rented mine here in Switzerland (Europcar) and of course they never guessed, but well, in their contract they say you can't use it on track or at motoring events.
The ring isn't really a track for the law, is it? And anyway I tried my best not to be an hooligan
Technically it's a German toll road that even is patrolled by Polizei on occasion and serviced by ADAC (German AAA). It's also a grey area too though as far as figuring out if its a toll road or a track when it comes time for insurance and other $$$ related matters.

My second time on the 'Ring I lapped it in a '02 Audi 1.8T or similar Avant

Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #179
harryo2b
Regular User

Just so everyone gets a lil blood flowing.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/01...urburgring.htm

That's all us!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #180
stradale
Regular User

^^^ Ahhh, that makes me look forward to the JW meeting even more!

Does anyone know of a link where that video can be downloaded?