Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #31
bmagni
Regular User

nice ! I love the CTS, both versions, and now this one... 500 hp sounds crazy, and it looks great !
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #32
r2r
Regular User

This CTS super V will keep BMW, Audi, and Mercedes on their toes.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #33
hemi_fan
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by gangajas
Originally Posted by RC45

Watching the CTS-V race car outrun and outgun the GT3 RS's, Viper ACR's and C6 race cars on Speedvision GT is an education in itself..
Well, the Citroen Xsara and the Ford Focus are the best rally cars and that doesn't mean that a Xsara or a Focus are the ultimate driving machines. I think that comparing racing cars to street cars is something ridiculous
hahah...very true
The ford focus handles very well... im confused.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:51 AM   #34
number77
Regular User

Most likely this isn't a super CTS-V, but is either the next gen C6 z06 or Camaro Z/28.
You guys are gonna go nuts when you hear about the Z/28 power numbers.
Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by gobs3z
The literal interpratation of the CTS-V is a Corvette Z06 (previous model) with 600lbs. added too it. It can't be a bad car by any means, i hate the interior still, but it's a corvette at heart. But beyond that, is the LS9 something that is actually being worked on?
100% does exist, and no confirmed production plans... but we saw the 7.0 being tested in a V @ NS... why not a supercharged 6.2??
Sir, what do you do for a living?
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:25 AM   #35
sameerrao
Regular User

GM spent good money on key things like the engine.

The best thing about the CTV-V is that it is built by GM which means terrific depreciation which means terrific second hand value. I mean you can get a 2004 car with 20K miles on the clock for about $35K vs 53K when new. GM no longer is crap quality - it may not be Audi quality but not crap anymore.

I havent researched this car much so I am not sure if it suffered from any issues. I havent driven one yet so cant comment on its ride/feel, etc.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:54 AM   #36
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by number77
Most likely this isn't a super CTS-V, but is either the next gen C6 z06 or Camaro Z/28.
You guys are gonna go nuts when you hear about the Z/28 power numbers.
Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by gobs3z
The literal interpratation of the CTS-V is a Corvette Z06 (previous model) with 600lbs. added too it. It can't be a bad car by any means, i hate the interior still, but it's a corvette at heart. But beyond that, is the LS9 something that is actually being worked on?
100% does exist, and no confirmed production plans... but we saw the 7.0 being tested in a V @ NS... why not a supercharged 6.2??
Sir, what do you do for a living?
i am very close to to GM and Ford ... i think that is enough to say... ... but it's still largely ignored

i think its safe to say that its because of me that first word of the 6.2 in testing got out... ... although, i could be mistaken
Old 04-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #37
nthfinity
Regular User

GM might have grounds to sue for those photos, dani i dont think they will... those photos have been out since mid-feb. unfortunately, i haven't found anything "that interesting" during my short trips over there.

i really love the fender flairs
Old 04-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #38
Shinigami
Regular User

I really don't like the look of the CTS... it's so... so blocky, especially the headlights, I just don't like that look at all *shrug*

The power is impressive tho'!
Old 04-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #39
RC45
Regular User

^^ It's called masculine and muscular... appeals to a different kind of man than the girly lines of some cars...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #40
Shinigami
Regular User

True true...

Personally, I'll just think of the designers being piss poor at making something attractive and cool
Old 04-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #41
noliebro
Regular User

just wait for the new one, BMW and Merc should be scared, I have seen pics of the car, the inside is great, and the car is gorgous, if you want pics I will post them???

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #42
r2r
Regular User

To me this CTS V looks much more badass then the new M5 which has those stupid girly eyebrow headlights.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #43
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
True true...

Personally, I'll just think of the designers being piss poor at making something attractive and cool
That depends where you look
Old 04-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #44
TNT
Regular User

Default CTS Super-V is not european so it must suck...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...r-v-spy-photos

Cadillac CTS Super-V Spy Photos
by Andreas Conradt
Copyright by AUTOMEDIA
04-19-2006

Super Vee
We got up-close and personal with this Cadillac, and it's obvious that this isn't an "ordinary" CTS V Series! Although the V Series Cadillacs would be considered anything but ordinary, this is a far more aggressive model. Custom bodywork, huge rear tires, larger exhaust pipes, and an engine sound unlike any other CTS, leads us to believe this is the long-rumoured Super V Series. Sources are telling us that the all-new CTS may not arrive as scheduled for the 2008 model year, but may run 5 or 6 months late and enter the luxury-power races as an early 2009 model (in early 2008). And many are speculating that Cadillac will offer this exclusive "build out model" as a last hurrah for the exiting model.
We've been told that the car we shot is likely powered by the Corvette's LS7 powerplant, a 7.0-liter V8 with 505 horsepower. Powerful enough? If not, just wait for the next-generation CTS Super V with the rumoured LS9 engine – a supercharged 6.2-litre V8 with 600 horsepower.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #45
5vz-fe
Regular User

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37870