Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Isuzu withdraws from the US market

The company no one knew about is leaving our shores (for US residents anyways).

*Huh... I didn't know that Isuzu US was based in Cerritos, which is just a few miles from where I live...

CERRITOS, CA -- 01/30/08 -- Isuzu Motors America, Inc. announced today that, effective January 31, 2009, it would discontinue distributing new Isuzu passenger vehicles in North America. The discontinuation of passenger vehicles results from the prospective cessation of production by General Motors Corporation of the Ascender sport utility vehicle and the i-290 and i-370 pickup trucks.

"It has always been our intention to remain in the U.S. market," said Terry Maloney, president and COO. "However, we were unable to secure any commercially viable replacements for these vehicles."

Although Isuzu will cease supplying passenger vehicles in North America, it will continue to stand behind its customers and dealers here for years to come. Specifically, Isuzu will continue to honor all product warranties and roadside assistance programs and will maintain its owner-relations call center. In addition, to assure long-term service to its customers, Isuzu will be offering all current, U.S. Isuzu vehicle dealers the opportunity to continue on as service dealerships for Isuzu. "Let me make it crystal clear," Maloney said. "Isuzu will discontinue the sales of vehicles only. Our parts and service operation will remain fully functional. We expect the vast majority of our dealers will continue as service-only dealers."
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
79TA
Regular User

Wow, that really is close to home. I think the one Mitsubishi HQ is still the closest thing to my house. It was cool when they had the truck that won the Baja 1000 stock mini class out front for a while.

We do have a lot of foreign car manufacturers' HQ's out here, like Hyundia for instance.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote