Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 11-11-2004, 09:37 PM   #16
jorge
Regular User

At the moment i can´t think of a better conversion from coupe to convertible.
The Zonda Roadster looks absolutely amazing!!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #17
Gilles27
Regular User

Originally Posted by rob_e1
I like that article so much i just went out and bought the magazine..

Ok, so which car is it that has killed 200?

"A certain performance icon from the 1980s has so far killed over 200 drivers and passengers as a result of its explosive power delivery and propensity to spin off into the scenery at high speed."

I'm guessing it comes from stuttgart and has the engine in the wrong end. What else could it be??
I´m also guessing what car could be. I thinking in something more popular than a 911.
It would be the Renault 5 GTT? Or may be the Opel Kadett GSi 16V.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #18
Fleischmann
Regular User

Wonderful article. Seems like a dream come true. Two fantastic cars pacing through Italy's beautiful mountain scenery

THX for the scans TT
Old 11-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #19
rob_e1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gilles27

"A certain performance icon from the 1980s has so far killed over 200 drivers and passengers as a result of its explosive power delivery and propensity to spin off into the scenery at high speed."

I'm guessing it comes from stuttgart and has the engine in the wrong end. What else could it be??
I´m also guessing what car could be. I thinking in something more popular than a 911.
Hmmm.. they don't really have a reputation for spinning though, thats the problem.
rob_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:29 PM   #20
Sm@ck
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gilles27

DAmn it, what are you thinking? I cannot believe that you are even suggesting those cars.... I really dont understand your logic....

Rob was on the right track. In fact, I think it was a reference to the Porsche Turbo 3.0 and especially the 3.3.
These where one of the earliest supercars to adopt turbo technology. Back then turbos did not gradually unfold their power, instead at a certain rev, they would kick in, like a mule. Unleashing its full potential instantly... Now imagine what the consequence was when this (the turbo kicking in)happened during a turn on a slippery/wet country road....
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote