SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
drooooooooooooollllllllllll :shock: , nice pics

St-anger you work there?
i´m sorry, but i think i´ve to say....

YES
Woooooooowwwwwwwww, that's one of the best jobs ever, to work with PORSCHE, what do you specifically do there?

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:17 AM   #752
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
drooooooooooooollllllllllll :shock: , nice pics

St-anger you work there?
i´m sorry, but i think i´ve to say....

YES
Woooooooowwwwwwwww, that's one of the best jobs ever, to work with PORSCHE, what do you specifically do there?
well, i think i´ve answered that question here hundred times
but no problem, just go through "Porsche news" and you´ll find all the information, e.g. on pages 12 and 23...
in short, right now i´m working on the 955 power kit for the Cayenne Turbo mainly on driveline and engine matters, but as i said, just check the previous pages here
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #753
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

well, i think i´ve answered that question here hundred times
but no problem, just go through "Porsche news" and you´ll find all the information, e.g. on pages 12 and 23...
in short, right now i´m working on the 955 power kit for the Cayenne Turbo mainly on driveline and engine matters, but as i said, just check the previous pages here
Lucky b******

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:58 AM   #754
lakatu
Regular User

St Anger are you in any of these pictures? The prototype Carrera GT looks like it has a removeable hard top. Is that new I haven't seen any pictures like that before? Also, how far is porsche's main facility from NS? Awesome pictures of the GT. Thanks.
lakatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:20 PM   #755
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
St Anger are you in any of these pictures? The prototype Carrera GT looks like it has a removeable hard top. Is that new I haven't seen any pictures like that before? Also, how far is porsche's main facility from NS? Awesome pictures of the GT. Thanks.
no, i´m not on any of these pics...

no, not a hardtop, it´s simply a prototype camouflage like you see ´em on the 997 modells as well...

what do you mean with main facility???
but i think you´re talking about the EZW !? it´s about 300km away from the NS, but nearly all the prototypes from the EZW are carried to the test center with a truck, which can park right inside the test center so that no one can take spy pics...
Porsche 911
Old 03-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #756
Vansquish
Regular User

The prototype Carrera GT looks like it has a removeable hard top.
The CGT does have a removable hard top...go look at Fast-autos.net or supercars.net and you'll find some pictures of it. Like st-anger said, the one on that prototype is just camouflage though.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:52 PM   #757
Tomerville
Regular User

do you have any pix of the 997 Turbo? Ive seen camo'd pix of the rear, and the test mule had a hideous spoiler.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #758
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnowboarderTom
do you have any pix of the 997 Turbo? Ive seen camo'd pix of the rear, and the test mule had a hideous spoiler.
sorry you won´t get any prototype pics of upcomming models...
check "Pn" you ´ll find quite some pics and infos on the TOP2 ( 997TT) model...
Porsche 911
Old 03-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #759
lakatu
Regular User

Does anyone know why some "true" hardcore Porsche fans consider an air-cooled engine as the only "real" Porsche engine? Is there some advantage to air-cooling that I am not aware of? The only advantage I can think of is a lower weight resulting from the deletion of the radiators, cooling plumbing and fluids.

I believe though that the water cooling engines allows them to be more efficient at extracting chemical energy from a thermodynamics standpoint. This assumes that water cooling increases the delta T or change in temperature gradient.
lakatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #760
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
Does anyone know why some "true" hardcore Porsche fans consider an air-cooled engine as the only "real" Porsche engine? Is there some advantage to air-cooling that I am not aware of? The only advantage I can think of is a lower weight resulting from the deletion of the radiators, cooling plumbing and fluids.

I believe though that the water cooling engines allows them to be more efficient at extracting chemical energy from a thermodynamics standpoint. This assumes that water cooling increases the delta T or change in temperature gradient.
of course i can answer you that question it´s a very simple one, the one and only answer is...

THE SOUND

it really has nothing to do with power or anything else, it´s just the sound of an aircooled flat six Porsche engine, it´s definitely unique and we core Porsche fans just love it...
you can find a detailed report on that somewhere here in "Pn"...
Porsche 911
Old 03-21-2004, 08:26 PM   #761
coombsie66
Regular User

^^^^ HELL YEAH, they still sound sooooo good.
St-anger, after reading a lot of info on cross drilling brake discs, i can only come ot the conclusion that the disadvantages far outweigh any benifits they might show. So why is it that porsche still cross-drill their cast discs? Do they cast the holes into them, and radius all edges to reduce the stress concentrations and disruptions to the crystal structure?! Cus i can argue till im blue in teh face wiv some people that drilled discs do not perform better, but as long as they can all come back and say so why do porsche and ferrari, etc use them!?! Im stuffed!
Old 03-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #762
crasherror
Regular User

st-anger

Does Porsche have any testing facilities in the USA? If so are they hiring?
Old 03-22-2004, 11:48 AM   #763
HeilSvenska
Regular User

probably not. With the (kinda) newly built facility in Leipzig, it must cost a fortune (not that it matters) for Porsches to run three factories and test centers.

and yes...I would think that test centers would be only made if a new factory was created before...adjacent to it
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #764
st-anger
Regular User

kinda off topic, i know, but that´s why we love "Sport Auto" so much, because of covers and reports like this.... :shock:

sorry guys( coombsie66&crasherror), don´t have time to answer your questions right now, i´m really busy, maybe tomorrow... ops:
Porsche 911
Old 03-22-2004, 01:54 PM   #765
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

yes I would love to know if Porsche has any testing facilities in the U.S. I would love to go visit it...
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote