Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Default Need a little help in rebuilding a Honda CR125R 2-Stroke

After a few months worth of track days, it's about time to rebuild the top end of my shifter karts motor..

I'm having a little trouble finding a good place in the US that can ship all the neccessary parts to rebuild a 1998 Honda CR125R 2 Stroke motor.

There's a place in New Jersey about 1:30hrs from my place in NY, but they wanted us to drive down there in person, JUST to order the parts. (They refused to take a credit card over the phone)

If anyone knows of a good shop in the country, please let me know.

I also picked up Clymers manual for the Honda CR125R bike but I am open to any suggestions and help when it comes to rebuilding two strokes as I have never done anything like this..
Old 08-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

UHm - Honda USA supports the CR125 - just give them a call.

There are hundreds of thousands of motox'ers in the US, and the CR125 is a very popular bike.

But to help you out I will give you the contact info of Honda of Houston, who have been fielding their own MotoX team for years... if anyone can hep you with parts and repairs for a common garden variety CR125, they can:

http://www.hondaofhouston.com/
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i'd like to help you out on this one, but like you, i've never played with a 2-stroke.

I would suggest a Honda powersports dealer that specializes in dirtbikes and such, unless that's the place in NJ...

this is a long shot, but J&J Amusements deals in go-karts for amusement parks, but i don't know if they deal with high end karts like that....i just know they are who i got parts from when i was working on the 4 stroke karts at the Fun Center i used to work at.

good luck!

edi: RC beat me to the punch by a small bit

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I was all for rebuilding the motor, but the guy who owns the kart just wants to run it into the ground until she blows.. :cry:

Thanks for the help guys, I think he plans on sending the motor out to the west coast to get rebuilt by his friend who will also add a few things for extra power.