Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 04-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
But god damn a big part of me just wants to buy it and try to ride it home today!
Well, chances are you won't be the first person who dies that way either then...

Probably not the best choice to learn to ride on what you just bought.

...and depending on how the seller feels, he/she would not let you leave with it - I know I wouldn't - the liability of having you die and then have your family sue the seller for not saving you from yourself wouldn't be worth the $1500 he makes off the bike
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #17
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

hahaha.. very true. Hopefully I can resist the urge of death calling me..

So no other bike suggestions or bikes to stay away from? I'm leaning toward something sporty even though I'll be riding from Boston to NY.. this wont b e my only form of transportation.. I'll sitll have my trust, yet thirsty, RAV4.

Hey, if numerous people can ride their crotch rocket around the world, then I can ride mine a measly 200miles..

And of course I'm not just doing this to save gas money. I've always wanted a motorbike ever since I learned how to ride a bike.. not to mention I'm a speed fiend
Old 04-27-2006, 04:55 PM   #18
Minacious
Regular User

Damnit, you guys are fast. I pretty much agree with everything RC and TA have already told you. Just know that a 200 miles trip for a new rider is going to seem like a 1000 mile trip.

Now stop calling sport bikes crotch rockets.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Just know that a 200 miles trip for a new rider is going to seem like a 1000 mile trip.
Exactly - I suggest that he get into the rhythm of things by having footplayer bang him dog-style for 8 hours straight so his muscles and arse can get conditioned for the trip...

I know that's how I felt after my first 250mile dash on an '85 Yamaha FZ750...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote