Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 03-04-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
GTO
Regular User

Default Ford XR6T Lemon (pic)

Old 03-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

"Should have bought an SS Commodore" .....well everyone is a genius in hindsight, but I could have told them that before he bought the XR6
Old 03-04-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
TransAm
Regular User

What a fucking great idea. Please tell me he parked it up at the dealership on a busy Saturday afternoon?

OT but slightly related:

I once had a MG metro turbo, it was a lemon. Used car place wouldnt take it back so dad and I went to the car lot 2 weekends in a row and warned potential customers. The police came to move us on both times, but after the second time the owner of the car lot gave us our thousand quid back as we'd probably cost him a sale or two by the second weekend we did it!

By the way, for anyone living in the UK (particularly Coombsie), the car lot was 'A&M car sales' it is about halfway between Taunton and Wellington, Somerset, along the A38...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001
What a fucking great idea.........
its not a new one though, I've seen cars with similar stickers a few times (mainly on TV)......but never on a Holden of course
Old 03-05-2005, 01:56 AM   #5
GTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
"Should have bought an SS Commodore" .....well everyone is a genius in hindsight, but I could have told them that before he bought the XR6
Lol, yeah I don't rate Fords either. too many problems with the drivetrain of late, did you see the FPV F6 Typhoon production is now halted because of its continual problems with the clutch.

SS are good except it seems that the brakes are prone to fade really quickly.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:40 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

I like those F6 Typhoons, saw one the other day and it really impressed me Thats a shame that they are halting produciton
Well I would say the brakes on the SS are good enough for road use, and if you want to take it to the track and fade becomes a problem you can always upgrade them
Old 03-05-2005, 06:29 AM   #7
Regular User

bad luck
Old 03-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

I like those F6 Typhoons, saw one the other day and it really impressed me Thats a shame that they are halting produciton
Well I would say the brakes on the SS are good enough for road use, and if you want to take it to the track and fade becomes a problem you can always upgrade them
sounds like a terrible reliability problem.
halting production of a line costs absolutly huge amounts, and rarely lasts more then a few minutes due to .... say... placing brake lines in backwards. a problem with mechanicals like the clutch i would attribute to casting problems that differed from the prototypes... change in temperature, cooling, etc.

normally, if a high failure rate part is found, production continues if the part is easily acsessed for fixing after the line is completed... wich is cheaper then shutting down assembly lines altogether. but... a clutch may not be so easy to change, and have a strangly high failure rate.

the only production line halting ive heard about recently was the Caddilac SRX has halted several times this year... not for reliabilty, but for lack of sales :shock:
Old 03-08-2005, 01:33 AM   #9
GTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
sounds like a terrible reliability problem.
halting production of a line costs absolutly huge amounts, and rarely lasts more then a few minutes due to .... say... placing brake lines in backwards. a problem with mechanicals like the clutch i would attribute to casting problems that differed from the prototypes... change in temperature, cooling, etc.

normally, if a high failure rate part is found, production continues if the part is easily acsessed for fixing after the line is completed... wich is cheaper then shutting down assembly lines altogether. but... a clutch may not be so easy to change, and have a strangly high failure rate.

the only production line halting ive heard about recently was the Caddilac SRX has halted several times this year... not for reliabilty, but for lack of sales :shock:
From the way I read it from the motoring press, FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) has already an image problem with reliablity. "Pissing in the pockets of Ford owners and calling it rain" was a notable quote when they were talking about the F6 Typhoon. Fact of the matter despite the looks FPV cars have a terrible track record. Ford australia had a huge disater with their "AU" series mid to late 90's. Shutting down production seems the only way to stop Ford from being seen as sub standard car manufacuter.
With the F6 in particular it was a new type of clutch that was the problem. FPV drive trains are quite problematic and I've heard of a lot of owners selling because of this.

Like I said before, I'd never buy a Ford.

As for the SS Commodore, yep Dingo22 you can upgrade them but I think the car should be right from the factory. I know with the HSV that is the case, except the fact LS1 have are notoriuos for buring oil.

As for my car I had it for 9 months now, I've read all about and consoluted with MANY fellow WRX owners/tuners and the only thing I "modified" was upgrading the stero head unit and speakers, to me it says a lot about the car and what a car should be.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:56 AM   #10
FPVPSI
Regular User

mmm...not a nice sight... ...but anyways, all the problems with that car have been resolved...had a shit load of problems too...you can find more info about it, somwhere on www.fordxr6turbo.com...

Now to clearify...not all of them are like that...and how do i know, well i (me and bro) have an XR6 Turbo as a company car, and not one problem with it...had it since September last year...In my experience it's been an unbelivable car, quick, safe and reliable...

Now you have to expect afew lemons in any mass producted car, but to go as far as saying "I should have got a Commonwhore!" must have been a shocker... :shock: ...

EDIT - We have had afew runs with fellow aussie cars too...Neck and neck with MY00 Rex, half a cars length on VY ss, BA Xr8, 260kw Clubbie, MY03 Rex and about 2 -3 car lengths on VX ss, clubbie, maloo... <--- I know its inrelevent to the topic but i cant help but feel proud... 8) ...carry on...
Old 03-08-2005, 02:55 AM   #11
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i know nothing about these two cars but i want a Monaro 8)
Old 03-08-2005, 05:52 AM   #12
GTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by FPVPSI
mmm...not a nice sight... ...but anyways, all the problems with that car have been resolved...had a shit load of problems too...you can find more info about it, somwhere on www.fordxr6turbo.com...

Now to clearify...not all of them are like that...and how do i know, well i (me and bro) have an XR6 Turbo as a company car, and not one problem with it...had it since September last year...In my experience it's been an unbelivable car, quick, safe and reliable...

Now you have to expect afew lemons in any mass producted car, but to go as far as saying "I should have got a Commonwhore!" must have been a shocker... :shock: ...

EDIT - We have had afew runs with fellow aussie cars too...Neck and neck with MY00 Rex, half a cars length on VY ss, BA Xr8, 260kw Clubbie, MY03 Rex and about 2 -3 car lengths on VX ss, clubbie, maloo... <--- I know its inrelevent to the topic but i cant help but feel proud... 8) ...carry on...
err you link doesn't work

I'm not saying Fords are all lemons but you must admit they do have a bad reputation due to the AU series and now the FPV with drivetrain problems including the Falcon GTs. The damage been done in terms of reputation. Thankfully reputaion can be regained, the new XR series did turn Ford around.

I'm sure the Turbo taxi can go fast in a straight line, but yeah for a lot of reasons I wouldn't go near a Ford still. But to be fair I wouldn't go near Holden (or HSV) now after Subaru, I took a Manaro out for a spin recently and no, on the points you mentioned "quick, safe and reliable", simply no.

> these large RWD cars, in the pouring rain 2am on the Princess highway, tired, on the way home on a Saterday night. These cars are doing 60-80KPH on the uphill in a 110 zone, I have have the cruise control set at 110.
Before in a large RWD I'd be terrified in such conditions however in a Subaru, its just another long drive home.

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau
Old 03-08-2005, 06:01 AM   #13
heath
Regular User

I'm not a ford fan boy but I love that staight 6! and now with a hair dryer on it, its even better

Gimmie a falcoonie over a commonwhore anyday..but like most ppl already know they're 6 and 1 or half dozen the other..

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:10 AM   #14
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by heath

Gimmie a falcoonie over a commonwhore anyday..but like most ppl already know they're 6 and 1 or half dozen the other..
I agree, but what are the other options which offer the same performance at a similar price?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:04 AM   #15
sikx5
Regular User

ahhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahah love it!

the last line should say: "Should of bought a jap car!" or something which shits all over both ford and holden......well thats an endless list, dont think it would all fit on the rear windscreen.

and dingo what about a WRX? or a second hand one at least, will eat a SS or XR6 eh?