Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #61
frnk
Regular User

Fans have very little to do with the FIA or perceived "fairness" in F1, this was pretty obvious when Max Mosley managed to keep his position following that Nazi orgy scandal.
frnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #62
fordgt84
Regular User

i keep reading that lewis didn't back off long enough after letting kimi pass... what was he supposed to do? park the damn car have a smoke then say "i think it's alright if i started chasing him again...i've given him enough time". It's been said b4, hamilton gained an unfair advantage then gave it back by letting kimi pass... is there a rule that says you're not allowed to immediately step on the gas after letting someone through and then outbrake them going into the next corner? can it be found in that "secret data file"? seriously, this is so unbelievably unfair

Last edited by fordgt84; 09-08-2008 at 04:31 AM.
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 AM   #63
SafirXP
Regular User

being a huge hamilton fan it was heart breaking to hear the news of his punishment/demotion. nothing to do for mclaren or lewis other than wait for the appeal's results. if its successful great otherwise tough luck, time to move on. great race for massa in the end, the championship has been almost handed to him on a platter!
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #64
uk_phil
Regular User

I have been a huge ferrari fan since i first started watching at a young age (the berger and alesi days).
I am embarrassed by this decision and penalty. Watching the incident live it didn't even enter my mind that Lewis could be facing an investigation for a contravention of the rules. As a Ferrari supporter it is going to be difficult to watch the next few races knowing that the championship points positions have been unfairly skewed in Ferrari's favour.
uk_phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #65
Jasoos
Regular User

By the way, why did Heiki stop?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #66
hymera003
Regular User

Heikki stopped with gearbox problems.
hymera003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #67
arguapacha
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
Its fans like me that bring fairness to a sport where there isn't any..not fans like you.. your a hypocrite and your basis is based on you being a Ferrari Fan! My opinion are based on being a F1 Fan.
Ohh my.... everyone please bow to guru Pokiou.
arguapacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #68
mts6800
Regular User

The ruling: http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43853

"The stewards, having received a report from the race director and having met with the drivers and team managers involved, have...determine a breach of the regulations has been committed by the competitor and impose the penalty referred to," said an FIA statement.

Hamilton was deemed to have "cut the chicane and gained an advantage", thereby breaching Article 30.3(a) of the sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.

What will be appealed: http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43860

"Although the British driver let Raikkonen back through to the lead of the race after rejoining the track, it is understood the stewards felt he had still benefited from going off-track as he repassed the Finn almost immediately at the La Source hairpin."

It could be argued that Lewis would have passed Kimi anyway, that Lewis is better in the wet than Kimi, all sorts of "could have" arguments can be dreamed up, but these arguments are pointless because they didn't occur. What did occur is that Lewis passed Kimi at La Source and a plausable reason is that he gained advantage when he cut the chicane. Lewis was very close to Kimi at the line, a position you would not expect him to be had he followed Kimi through the chicane.

The position of the stewards is presented above and it seems to me the appeal will have to show that Lewis would have passed Kimi at La Source anyway, I think it will be difficult to show that.

The whole incident is most unfortunate as everyone has an opinion, often clouded by their own person wishes and prejudices. It's unfortunate that Lewis didn't give Kimi La Source then attacked.

On a different subject I was amazed that Ferrari didn't pit Massa for inters with 2 laps to go. Conditions were rapidly getting worse and it could have moved Massa up. Heidfield pitted for inters with 2 laps to go and came 3rd. He did benefit from Kimi crashing out but at the end the inters were good for 30 seconds a lap.
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #69
admcewen
Regular User

This is interesting....
http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...Allen&id=43872
admcewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #70
mts6800
Regular User

Originally Posted by admcewen View Post
Thanks for that. Allen got the analysis right then rationalized Lewis' action, then tossed an orange, (the European GP), in with the apples.
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #71
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by admcewen View Post
Great article!
Its good to see some depth to his logic; and should be read by everyone commenting in this thread.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #72
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by arguapacha View Post
Ohh my.... everyone please bow to guru Pokiou.

while your down there clean my shoes bitch!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #73
Carbodiox
Regular User

Pokiou just calm down man. You're way out of the line..
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #74
Pokiou
Regular User

There is NO rule stating that when you allow a car to pass you that you need to give him a certain amount of lead before you can you prance back onto him..

unfortuantly they decided that it was unfair to KIMI cause his car was slower lol. . thats pathetic, there is no logic in there decision but only favortism.

Btw just to clear stuff up. Im a RED BULL supporter but my second team is McLaren.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #75
SHIZL
Regular User

so kimi running into the back of the point leader had more to lose by his front wing or the point leaders flat tire.and how did the stewards think that kimi didnt get in front of lewis if kimi was on the inside of lewis at the line at a faster speed then lewis then at the corner on the outside. there needs to be some big changes to f1 cause this is a feeble attempt at at saying there will be no passing of ferrari. kimi looks good as support of massa but the fia is the ultimate support of massa and the prancing horse
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote