Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #46
pimrusis
Regular User

Default Stuff

This one time, when I was getting chased by some guy, I did 100 up the shoulder of an 8 lane highway in rush hour traffic before cutting off 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit and lose him.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #47
sickx
Regular User

Getting paid to drive a C5 during development at 170+mph.
Not sure what was better--driving the car or getting paid to do it!
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 02:57 AM   #48
kihoonshin
Regular User

I drive a V8 taurus... it puts out about 240 HP . I used to live up in seattle and there they have very tight and narrow roads through the forest. I remember coming home one night from a friends house... I raced a motorcycle through the forest road. i remember slowing down to about 80 mph for the corners and swinging wide with understeer... it might not seem like much on paper but the experience was incredible
kihoonshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 04:57 AM   #49
Not Your Average Joe
Regular User

Stupidest was maxing out a Caravan at 115 mph. Yeah that's right a minivan . I've gone faster in other cars but I'd have to say that was the stupidest and/or most pointless high speed driving I have done.
Not Your Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 03:00 PM   #50
sickx
Regular User

Originally Posted by Not Your Average Joe
Stupidest was maxing out a Caravan at 115 mph. Yeah that's right a minivan . I've gone faster in other cars but I'd have to say that was the stupidest and/or most pointless high speed driving I have done.
Joe--you're right on--max speed it quite boring, acutally, especially if the road is wide open. 200mph in the Enzo on a high-speed test track would not be nearly as entertaining as riding with Bob Bondurant in a 15-passenger van around a road coarse, with thick-side walled tires screaming for their lives. Gives you new respect for driving skills.
sickx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:18 AM   #51
Cornutu
Regular User

Me driving
2002 Corvette Convertible
155mph Top up
132mph Top Down
Friends with me in car
Modded 95 Talon TT NOS
171.9mph
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 02:05 PM   #52
kramerman
Regular User

Fastest I ever been is about 180km/h (or maybe more but I wasn't looking at the speedo anyways).

About being caught, I just got caught doing 125km/h in a 90km/h zone and got a fine for 170 bucks and 8 demerit points.

Sucks ass.. What a christmas present I would say... :cry:
kramerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 10:37 PM   #53
pimrusis
Regular User

A cop saw me doing 108 mph down a motorway. I was going so fast that it took him several miles to catch up to me, and that was because I finally slowed down to around 40.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:02 AM   #54
bmwfreak
Regular User

Fastest? only about 140 Mph. It's hard here in M'sia, with the generally poor quality of roads, etc etc.

Craziest/dumbest stunt? Two actually. Was driving E46 318Ci Convertible, doing about 50 Mph, approaching a hairpin bend, which had a 65 degree angle, on a country road in the middle of nowhere. Four up, me driving with three friends, downchanged, blipped the throttle, and accidentally downchanged again(was using manual mode on Steptronic gearbox), as I entered the corner. Rear end pitched WAY out of line, nearly committed the cardinal sin of lifting off, but in the end, just hammered the pedal into the floor, and escaped with a lurid 100 yard powerslide, in a car that only produces 143 Bhp. Oh, and it was a wet day. I'm not dead, thankfully.

Second one, was driving a fwd daihatsu cuore clone (called perodua kelisa here. Kinda like a nova, actually, and is actually on sale in Britain, *cue guffaws*). It was on a roundabout, and I was sort-of racing against this dude in an old Lancer EVO3. We'd met up at the traffic lights earlier, and he just gunned it when he saw my car had lowered suspension and bigger wheels than standard. Time of incident? About 2.45pm. Daylight. So i plow through the roundabout at about 60mph(no mean feat, since this car's topspeed is only 99mph), and suddenly, understeer, big time, straight towards an Ice Cream truck. Lift off in the middle of turn, slide out the rear, put on opposite lock, and miss the truck by about a foot. The Lancer guy just waved at me and chuckled, whilst i pulled over to the side of the road and wondered whether i should write a book on Near Death Experiences. I discovered that my left rear tire actually had a slow puncture as well as the right front one. As a result, my rims were all knackered, scratched and weren't so shiny anymore. I still wonder why I'm alive.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:24 PM   #55

156 mph in a 65' Mustang coupe (my old SCCA car)
153 mph in a 2000 Saleen S281
143 mph in a 95' M3
142 mph in a 2000 Integra Type R
134 mph in a 92' Mustang LX 5.0

...Only one's I can recall where I actually was able to look down at the speedo. And except for the Saleen, all were on the track...and all were @ Sears Point.

Almost drove that stupid Five-O off a cliff once....fell asleep at the wheel coming back from the coast...Cut across 2 lanes of on-coming traffic before i woke up going sideways at about 50 mph on the side of a grassy embankment. 500 foot drop to my death had I cut across the other directon while I was asleep. That one scared the shit outta me...imagine waking up to that one. :shock: