Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #121
Pokiou
Regular User

Your Wierd.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #122
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Phillip, you really need to get laid, buddy.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #123
philip
Regular User

My last post on this thread. It went over 3600 views.

My next post is going to be on the Melboune International Motor Show Auction. Will it go over 50 views? Hmm.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #124
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
You know, for the last 3 weeks I have not clicked on or viewed this thread just beacuse I don't see anything about this girl thats actually worth discussing. When I saw that the thread was going strong here 3 weeks later I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. Turns out that I was right from the start.

I feel dumber for having visited this thread.
I'm exactly like you, that's the first time I come here.

At least she deserves my respect for one thing: she's one of the most famous person in the world without doing anything relevant. Just because of people that love to admire the VIPs.... get a life!!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #125
philip
Regular User

I lied. Just one more post. This thread went 5400 views. I'm thinking that people Googled "Paris Hilton" and this thread was listed. I can't imagine JW members kept reading it over and over again.

Paris has been out of the papers for the last 3 months, except for a stint on David Letterman to push her jewerly or purfume or some such stuff.

I only know about that as Opie and Anthony (US radio "shock jocks" on satelite radio) critiqued her appearance. They like her as much as most JW members.

Here in Houston today a jury found a young women guilty of manslaughter in the death of her boyfriend. She rear ended an 18 wheeler on the freeway in her Lexus SUV. The 18 wheeler was going 65 MPH. Witness said she "flew by" them. Her blood alcohol level was some where around 2.7. In the US 0.8 will get you a DUI.

The jury sentenced her to 4 months in prison. Remember Paris got 1 month.

In her defence, her boyfriend died because, he wasn't seatbelted in and was hanging out the car yelling, when she collided with the 18 wheeler. He was nearly decapitated. Something about Darwin would seem appropriate now, I'll let you fill it in yourself.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 AM   #126
Mattk
Regular User

The jury sentenced her to 4 months in prison. Remember Paris got 1 month.

In her defence, her boyfriend died because, he wasn't seatbelted in and was hanging out the car yelling, when she collided with the 18 wheeler. He was nearly decapitated. Something about Darwin would seem appropriate now, I'll let you fill it in yourself.
Contributory negligence in the criminal law? Is Texan law just whacked or do I see a serious mistake of law?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #127
philip
Regular User

4 months was the minimum the jury could award.

She is rich, caucasian and the daughter of a judge. She is being allowed to finish college before starting prison. Alot of people in town think she got preferential treatment. However, the parents of the dead boyfriend took the stand and did ask the jury for lienence for the girl. Had she killed someone in another car it might have been alot different.

She will go to a local county jail, like Paris and will get time off for good beheavor, so she may spend actual less time behind bars that Paris did.

Oh, the day before yesterday an african american man was released here in Houston for serving 14 years behind bars for a rape he did not commit. DNA cleared him. A man already behind bars for rape, who at the time lived a block from the victim was identified as the real rapist. A private group retested the evidence for the jailed man, and found the Houston CSI mistake. We have had alot of problems in the past with our CSI group, faking tests was one of their trademarks. It didnt help that the victim positively identified the guy, even though it was at night and was dark.

Apparently the CSI group was busy and if the police said we have a positive ID or this is the guy, they would fake the tests to show, the police got the right guy. Remember all this if your ever on a jury.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #128
graywolf624
Regular User

For comparison sake.. I have a friend with 2 duis in another state. He wont have his drivers license again till 2012 and he spent a month in jail. He never hit anyone. If she has her license before he does theyve been light.