Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-09-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Visit to the racetrack of Zolder with GLPK

I went to Zolder today, it was a testing day and I had a chance on a couple of laps in a Porsche 993 with a 3.6 RSR 450hp engine. Sadly they had problems with the cooling, so only one of the two coolers worked. The result was that the engine temprature rised to quickly and they couldn't let everyone do a couple laps Naturally the sponsors went first so I missed my shot. They promised me that I'll have another chance when they're testdriving in Francorchamps. We'll see if I can make it...

Last time I made a couple 1600x1200 shots and the rest in 640x480 (because I only have 8 meg memory on my digicam), this time I've chosen for a compromise 1280x960. Sadly I've kinda messed up the settings again so the quality isn't as good as it could have been.

I still think there are a couple of nice shots. Tried to make some cool shots by hanging over the wall next to the racetrack .

Tomorrow it's the testing day for the Le Mans series in Francorchamps. I've talked to Bert Login and he said that I could come with my friend. He drives an 575 GTC so being in a Ferrari pitbox, ... somehow I expect it to be different, to be special. So I'm doubting about going tomorrow. I've got no means of transportation so that would mean going by bike and it's 63 km from my home :-s A bit too much I'm afraid. Would be cool though, to see the Le Mans series in Francorchamps.

I got back from Zolder not so long ago and I'm now going out, so no time to check the other posts (smallband shit).

The memory of my camera was full so I had to delete some pics and couldn't take a picture of all cars.
Some other racing cars that were there: Renault Megane, Alfa Fluvia, BMW 2000, Mini Cooper, Renault Clio Cup
Some other cars on the parking lot: AC Cobra, Lotus Elise Mk1, 911 C4S, Sti, 911 996 Turbo, CL500

A couple action shots:

Porsche 928 overtaken by a 320i Touring

A Citroen 2CV (incredible isn't it ) blasting next to the wall

2 Formula BMW shots

BMW 320i Touring

The Porsche 993 were I wanted a drive in

Cars in the pitlane (Ultima GTR - Volvo S40 - M3 GTR - Opel Mantra - 911 Cup - 911 GT3 - 2 Caterhams - Ford Mondeo):

Some cars I saw in the parking lot (M3 - TVR Tuscan - GT3RS - Ferrari 308):

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Thanks for these pics the Gt3 RS in blue is damn sexy
Old 09-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Thanks for bringing the pics, bringing some atmosphere of racing, and for bringing some envy also, while ive got a friend who competes with a 11 year old citroen AX GTI grN (115 bhp).....youve got some friends who competes in the GT class...no comment......

By the way the pics are stunning (IMO all the racing car, and almost all the parking lot..i do prefer quite more the racing cars rather than the supercars)...anyway...i got mostly shocked with the M3 GTR pics, the Volvo Class II FIA, and the street version of the 911 GT3 RS

By the way, i had never seen and i didnt know the existance of the 911 GT3 RS in blue...does exist the 911 in this sort of colour....or was the owners own decision to get the blue stickers and the wheels instead)...BTW the car looks great indeed although i prefer the red trims

Finally.....1zippo1......once the Volvo V40 it is not the usual car to be driven by private drivers in any championship(the 320 ST, the Audi A4 or the Vectra are more common to see)....would you able to confirm if the Volvo comes from the BTCC(British Touring Car Championship), Richard Rydells hands, and if it was already modified by prodrive?
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:13 PM   #4
Cigarette1
Regular User

hehe i was there too i have +-60 (5.0m pixel) pics of that RS
Old 09-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
gis
Regular User

very nice pics dude.i love the M3 GTR and the GT3 RS.........just amazing.

thanks for sharing

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #6
stradale
Regular User

I agree with Dani, that Volvo is gorgeous!

Sounds like a fun day at the track, zippo. Bad luck that you couldn't get a ride in the Porsche. I'm sure it would have been a blast. Ah well, better luck next time.

To be around the Ferrari boys at Francorchamps seems nice as well. I don't know if I would cycle for 63 kms through the Ardennes for that though...
Old 09-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #7
Cigarette1
Regular User

some of my pics of the RS
Cigarette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:49 PM   #8
sentra_dude

:shock: TVR...GT3RS...

Nice action shots, and that TVR is a sexy beast 8)...

That sucks that you have no ride, sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Only a 8mb memory card...they are pretty cheap, you should get another, even a small one...it would make things much easier to not have to worry about how many pics you take. I have a 128mb card (it came with a 16mb card)...and its very convenient, definitely worth the price.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:30 AM   #9
tuem88
Regular User

Great pics, dankuwel I can't wait until i go to Zolder once again to see the Belcar. It's always great there!!
tuem88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:27 AM   #10
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Shit !!! this is awsome, i only live about 5 km from Circuit Zolder. can even go with the bike if i wan't

Sorry, ma kunt ge is wa meer vertellen erover, want ik ben redelijk moe en al, maar is da ook voor gewone mensen want ik snapte iets niet ? of is da omdat met uwe vriend die raced ? thx.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:23 PM   #11
Wutputt
Regular User

Default Re: Visit to the racetrack of Zolder with GLPK

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
I know this guy, he does 1'55" 's with his Caterham at Zolder. He even drives when it's raining dogs or snowing.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:07 PM   #12
1zippo1
Regular User

First of all, thanks everyone for the replies and compliments! I had a lot of fun that day and it's nice to be able to share it with others.

My apology for my late reply. Been gone a lot since last night. Went out and had a blast. Some drunk chick, pretty nice looking, wanted to have sex... I said no because she was so drunk. But I have some regrets about that today... I first doubted about it but when she fell off the podium when she wanted to come to me again, I thought: better not do anything. Saw another chick that I know from camp too. 18 years old but without doubt one of the hottest chicks I know. IMO she's like a 9,8/10 and that's not exaggerated. Sadly she allready had a boyfriend but damn I really wanted something with her...

Originally Posted by Wutputt
I know this guy, he does 1'55" 's with his Caterham at Zolder. He even drives when it's raining dogs or snowing.
He didn't even have a racingsuit on when he went on the track. That's pretty brave, or foolish, whatever you call it 1'55'' is very fucking fast for a caterham. The 993 touring with the 3.6RSR 450hp engine can lap at 1'42". I saw the guy with the caterham dive into the corner and I must say I was impressed. I had the impression he's quite good indeed!

Originally Posted by Mopsdrops
Sorry, ma kunt ge is wa meer vertellen erover, want ik ben redelijk moe en al, maar is da ook voor gewone mensen want ik snapte iets niet ? of is da omdat met uwe vriend die raced ? thx.
Men kameraad raced niet, hij is mechanieker bij GLPK. Ja op testdagen kunt ge gratis op Zolder binnen. Ik weet niet zeker of ze het echt controleren of ge bij één of ander team hoort, maar ik denk van niet. Ge kunt dan natuurlijk wel niet zomaar de pitbox inlopen enzo, maar wel in de pitlane langs de muur wandelen en daar hebt ge ook een goed zicht op het cirquit. Als ge zin hebt kunt ge volgende keer gerust met me meekomen.

Originally Posted by Ford Capri 2.8i
Finally.....1zippo1......once the Volvo V40 it is not the usual car to be driven by private drivers in any championship(the 320 ST, the Audi A4 or the Vectra are more common to see)....would you able to confirm if the Volvo comes from the BTCC(British Touring Car Championship), Richard Rydells hands, and if it was already modified by prodrive?
Thanks for the compliments!! Sorry, I had a quick chat with the guys but didn't ask anything about what it competed in. Just said that I thought it was quite new and that it looked really good. So I can't tell you if it competes in the BTTC or if it's modified by prodrive. When I'll go again I'll make sure to ask them and tell you later ok
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #13
Wutputt
Regular User

He didn't even have a racingsuit on when he went on the track. That's pretty brave, or foolish, whatever you call it 1'55'' is very fucking fast for a caterham. The 993 touring with the 3.6RSR 450hp engine can lap at 1'42". I saw the guy with the caterham dive into the corner and I must say I was impressed. I had the impression he's quite good indeed!
He does quite a lot of track visits so he's quite good His Caterham isn't quick on the straights, but when in comes to corners, it's another story

Ja op testdagen kunt ge gratis op Zolder binnen. Ik weet niet zeker of ze het echt controleren of ge bij één of ander team hoort, maar ik denk van niet. Ge kunt dan natuurlijk wel niet zomaar de pitbox inlopen enzo, maar wel in de pitlane langs de muur wandelen en daar hebt ge ook een goed zicht op het cirquit.
Op een vrije training dag kunt ge inderdaad gratis Zolder binnen, wagen in de paddock parkeren, enz. Ge moet daarvoor zelfs niet bij een of ander team horen. Iedereen kan binnen, natuurlijk wel niet in de pitboxen Het kan natuurlijk wel zijn dat men dit gaat veranderen als er hier te veel mensen van gaan profiteren.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote