Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 11-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default Porsche vs Tollbooth at 100mph

A Porsche 911 crash into a tollbooth at 100mph from November 1 has made it to Fazed.com. Is it old news. I didn't find it in a search.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Am I missing the images or link in the post?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #3
philip
Regular User

Since I found this on a non car site, I thought everyone knew about it already.

Here is the link.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=440412

Do not view the photos which are not displayed. A tollboth is designed to be unforgiving, a terrible loss of a great car and a beautiful young women.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #4
Daggernite
Regular User

Wow thats pretty graphic, its a real shame . But maybe this is the obvious outcome of a 18 yearold girl disrespecting a 911. Its unbelieve just how bad her face has been removed.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
5vz-fe
Regular User

100mph, 18 yr old + 911, 20 yr old + Civic + alcohol.............sounds like the right formula for accident.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
bmagni
Regular User

extremely graphic !
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Well, anycar hitting a concrete wall at 100mph will look like that and so will the occupant/s.

All the comments about "if she was in a Camry that would not have happened" are a little bit of BS though.

I drive the toll way everyday, and I sit in the middle or right lane at 65mph in my Z06 being passed by all manners of Camry's and SUV's and Corollas and Civics etc - all speeding like mofos.. so to say people in econo cars don't speed is utter bullcrap.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:21 AM   #8
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip
Since I found this on a non car site, I thought everyone knew about it already.

Here is the link.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=440412

Do not view the photos which are not displayed. A tollboth is designed to be unforgiving, a terrible loss of a great car and a beautiful young women.
I made a mistake not to listen and click on the first pic, I regret everybit of it.

Regardless of what she have done in this present life has passed, may she rest in peace.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well, anycar hitting a concrete wall at 100mph will look like that and so will the occupant/s.

All the comments about "if she was in a Camry that would not have happened" are a little bit of BS though.

I drive the toll way everyday, and I sit in the middle or right lane at 65mph in my Z06 being passed by all manners of Camry's and SUV's and Corollas and Civics etc - all speeding like mofos.. so to say people in econo cars don't speed is utter bullcrap.
maybe i "if she was in a Camry, the possibilities of this happening would have been slimer"
Old 11-23-2006, 02:36 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni

maybe i "if she was in a Camry, the possibilities of this happening would have been slimer"
bullshit

a Camry can run 100mph down the toll road.. adn if yu arte drunk or impaired and wander across the lanes and hit the wall you die.

Period.

As I say, I witness MANY thousands of speeding econocars EVERY week... and have almost NEVER seen a Corvette, Viper, Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini weaving in and out of regular traffic...
Old 11-23-2006, 02:45 AM   #11
bmagni
Regular User

bullshit

a Camry can run 100mph down the toll road.. adn if yu arte drunk or impaired and wander across the lanes and hit the wall you die.

Period.

As I say, I witness MANY thousands of speeding econocars EVERY week... and have almost NEVER seen a Corvette, Viper, Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini weaving in and out of regular traffic...
I agree with you, but speeding in a sports car is more tempting than speeding in a regular car, thats my point. Even more if you're 18, angry and maybe over-spoiled...
Old 11-23-2006, 02:47 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

I agree with you, but speeding in a sports car is more tempting than speeding in a regular car, thats my point. Even more if you're 18, angry and maybe over-spoiled...
But thats the part I am saying is not true.

You may think so because you dont drive a sports car, but as I say I see more econocars speeding than anything else.

Its the age and attitude 99% and the car 1%

I see 90hp Civics speeding in and out of traffic driven by 18 year olds
Old 11-23-2006, 02:55 AM   #13
Mattk
Regular User

Do not view the photos which are not displayed.
They don't work anyway.

I agree with you, but speeding in a sports car is more tempting than speeding in a regular car, thats my point.
I wouldn't say "more tempting", but it's definitely easier. Nevertheless, like RC said, it's all about the attitude. A driver with a bad attitude will speed regardless of engine power.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:14 AM   #14
bmagni
Regular User

But thats the part I am saying is not true.

You may think so because you dont drive a sports car, but as I say I see more econocars speeding than anything else.

Its the age and attitude 99% and the car 1%

I see 90hp Civics speeding in and out of traffic driven by 18 year olds
Not really, you may think so because you don't drive a econo car AND a sports car or maybe just because you're a well educated man and know that speeding in any car is dangerous and still you sometimes cruise @ 120 mph or go to play to the back roads, I don't think you'd do that in a civic. But most of the people who don't have the culture of driving safely and get the chance of driving an above the average car, speed.
Just do a simple question to regular people. If you had a sports car would you ? a: drive normaly or b: drive fast but cautiosly
Most people would answer b. But cautiosly doesn't mean that they'd certainly do it.
Yeah there are tons of civics, subarus, miatas and so out there speeding, but what's the percentage of owners who speed their civics, and whats the percentage of owners who speed their sports cars ?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:20 AM   #15
Zot09
Regular User

I saw this on the E90 forums, which then took me to the AcuraZine forums. All I can say is that I hope this girl rests in peace. After viewing the pictures I truthfully lost my appetite. Stay safe everyone!