Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-19-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Viva Pinata for the Xbox 360

Viva Pinata is the new crack, I'm hopelessly addicted.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/v/vivapinata/

Yea, it's geared towards children with it's cute animals (Pinatas) but I doubt most children would get far in the game. It's a lot like Sim City (my favorite game FWIW) where you have to manage everthing. First you need to fill requirements to attract certain animals, the next step is to get them to breed. Which isn't always as easy as it sounds.
You can either breed them for your own enjoyments, or sell them for Chocolate Coins. Same goes for Veggies, fruits, nuts and whateverelse you try to grow.
There is lots of possibilities with them too. Make an animal eat a certain food and it might evolve into something else. You can also do other things to make them Evolve, like setting them on fire and putting them out. Or hitting their Egg with a shovel. Lots of experimentation.
There are problems to deal with too, some Pinatas will fight, becomes sad and leave and destroy things. Some fences are not strong enough to pen certain animals, I found that out the hard way.

There are also Sour Pinatas. They'll appear and leave sour candy in yor garden, which will make your resident Pinatas sick. Which means calling the doctor. You can try and tame them, or just smash them with your shovel.

For the parents out there, you can let your kids play and using another controller, you can ride shotgun an help out. Which is kind of neat.
It's an open ended game, it doesn't stop untill you stop playing it.

All in all, it's a damn fun game. It's a nice break from the usual run and gun type of games. This has definately put Gears of War on the shelf.
It's not a game for everyone, so I would recommend to play it before buying it. I'm having a blast with it though.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

LOL~!!!! This is definitely a must have.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
TopGearNL
Regular User

LOL I see a classic in this