Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 01-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #61
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
^^^^
lol, I guess they dont want anyone dissing their games on their forms. and you might want to use a better translator from Texan to american

I think part of it might be your obsession with H-gate shifters. I imagine they are cool as hell, and I agree that they would help make it more realistic. But to most people, regular wheels work just fine. And simulators are just that, simulators. If I wanted something to be real, I would go hop in my car and take a drive, or go to a track event.

Also, you might be comming across as a bit rude in your opinions

IMO, these games do not need to have H-gate wheels and such to be good games. Good graphics and realistic dynamics (not NFSish) are good enough for me. These are games are good enough for what I'm looking for.
Its the fact taht if they haven't bothered to make the XBox360 (a Microsoft product) and Forza2 (a Microsoft product) be the show pieces they are supposed to be - then WTF even bother in the first place?

Oh - and I wasn't trying to be polite in my opinions either.

Seriously - they are not being "polite" in their marketing of the system or the game - both are for profit.. not friendship or fraternity - but for profit.

And in the end, the game (Forza2) and the platform (XBox360) is barely able to do what a 4 year old PC and driving game can do.

That is the point.

Their product sucks and is very far below par, but is being presented as "cutting egde" and it is not..

But sadly it is also the best on offer for the XBox360.

All in all a piss poor showing for 2007.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #62
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
LMAo...

these Forza Forum clowns are still at it.. not satisified with "banning" me... Ooooohhh.. I feel so rejected now ***barf*** they are now deleting my posts ;0

Your post was deleted by Drows.

Subject: Re: What cars do you think they should put in the game?

Reason: Hello,

You attempted to submit the following post to the Forza Motorsport Forums
Forums:
__________________________________________________ ______

All these "wishlist" requests for "real ordinary cars" yet there is no clutch or
h-gate shifter available for the console - exactly how do you propose to
"realistically" enjoy this "simulator" if all you have is a game console pad and
poor immitation FFB steering wheel with paddles?
I fear Sony and PD may fall just as short with GT5 - as they might not think the
average "Joe" wants to heel and toe or left foot brake or down shift skipping 3
gears either..
How come no-one holds Turn 10 and Microsoft to a decent standard.. a mediocre PC
can out simulate these "next gen' consoles.
This is not what we were told would be the case... we were told "next gen"
console "simulators" would be the real deal.
That being said, back on topic - and decently modelled 3 pedal stick shift
sports car would do nicely thanks
__________________________________________________ ______

Your post was submitted as a reply to the following thread:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...ead/36234.aspx

Unfortunately your post does not make sense. Please revisit the forums and
resubmit your post in clear English. If English is not your first language, the
Babelfish translator may help you: http://babelfish.altavista.com

Thanks,
Forza Motorsport Forums team
I guess the true Forza2 fan really might not actually even have a drivers license after all -- why else would they be so offended by a request for a clutch pedal and a shifter ?

Hey drows.. come hang out here at forum discussing real cars..
LMAO!!! That shit makes perfect sense to me. I guess you are rite this forza fanboy must not even have his driver liscense as he doesnt even know WTF a clutch, and stick shift is. lol

Either way its gonna be an "alright" game I suppose I mean 200 cars...and 40-55 something track according to them and only 14 real race tracks........wait I take that back its gonna suck actually.

Some of the these real race tracks include the ring, tsukuba, and languna seca, i think road atlanta? and a FEW more.....

I dont see how they are gonna be a racing sim if they dont have real tracks...

Also RC did you see their latest pitpass report or some shit like that? They said the game is now runing close to perfect at 60 FPS...BUT they didnt say what resolution...more than likely at just 720i or 720p. I'd be amazed if they can get full HD without the upscaling bullshit and still fit it all on one DVD9 It still doesnt sound like enough features I mean just 200 cars and 50 something tracks and only 14 are real? Come on thats some crazy shit.

*EDIT*

RC I think GTR will be way better than Forza even though its only based on racing cars whereas forza on race and regular cars.

What do you think will suck more Forza or GTR for the 360?

ALthough GTR is fun on the PC....I dont know about on the 360..
Old 01-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #63
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
RC I think GTR will be way better than Forza even though its only based on racing cars whereas forza on race and regular cars.

What do you think will suck more Forza or GTR for the 360?

ALthough GTR is fun on the PC....I dont know about on the 360..
The problem is on the PC we have decent wheels (DFP and G25 to name only 2) that we use with GTL, GTR and GTR2 and rFactor etc.

So GTR for the XBox360 without a decent wheel is not going to appeal to existing GTR fans... sadly.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote