Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #151
nickthaskater

... So you're driving off the racing surface. I've always raced to standards where you're expected to stay on the actual track.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #152
Vansquish
Regular User

lol...well we can get rid of the Laguna time if you like, that's certainly not the "racing surface" per-se. I'll see about setting a different time tomorrow

On the other hand, the 'Ring time is perfectly legal, though I had a couple of left and right-wheel excursions onto the grass for a moment or two...hence my claim that it's quite possible that another couple of seconds could be lopped off.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #153
rave426
Regular User

Yeah, I have always run on the "intended" racing line. The corkscrew on Laguna Seca is tempting, but I say as long has you have the outside 2 wheels of car on the course when making a corner, it is ok. After all this is what some of the "devoted" GT3/4 ranking sites say is legal.....Hell Schuie does it all the time!

I tried that "out of bounds" thing last night. That mess doesnt work for me. LOL... I am faster just using the intended racing line.

Last night I also realized that times at Trail Mountain can be shaved off by using the the grass on the left and right silly bit, coming up to the finish line. Not to downplay anybody on the board, but I wouldnt be surprised if somebody has used that area to shave some time. I think it would be ok if we just used the honor code and everybody stick to the lines. We can go by the driving rules at this site, except for the "full tune" part.

http://www.racing-line.org/gt4/drivingrules.php
Old 07-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #154
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426
Yeah, I have always run on the "intended" racing line. The corkscrew on Laguna Seca is tempting, but I say as long has you have the outside 2 wheels of car on the course when making a corner, it is ok. After all this is what some of the "devoted" GT3/4 ranking sites say is legal.....Hell Schuie does it all the time!

I tried that "out of bounds" thing last night. That mess doesnt work for me. LOL... I am faster just using the intended racing line.

Last night I also realized that times at Trail Mountain can be shaved off by using the the grass on the left and right silly bit, coming up to the finish line. Not to downplay anybody on the board, but I wouldnt be surprised if somebody has used that area to shave some time. I think it would be ok if we just used the honor code and everybody stick to the lines. We can go by the driving rules at this site, except for the "full tune" part.

http://www.racing-line.org/gt4/drivingrules.php
Fair enough, sounds like an excellent plan. Good to have a proper set of rules as well, and Laguna has been removed from the list above. There are also a couple of sections on Deep Forest that can be used in a similar way to the Trial Mtn. example you gave.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 07-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #155
nthfinity
Regular User

It's been a while, but the 'Ring has always been my favorite track in GT4 and when I play, I almost invariably run some hot laps in some mid-engined rear-drive car, often the NSX. The NSX-R is definitely one of the most impressive cars in the game and makes 'Ring attacks surprisingly easy. That being said, I still believe a 7:56 is possible, as I can point to a couple of spots where I definitely lost enough speed that 2 seconds ought to be possible.
well, i just set a personal best after a few laps...
there are a 5 corners i'm losing more then a second with this run... and some others it's less then a second...

but my new NS lap time is "only" ... 7:06.623 with no cheater lines compared to my 7.11.439 , I'm definately happier with a 4.8 second improvement... but i'm still a few 10ths behind your previous record

I see I have a ways to go..... perhaps in 8 minutes, i'll have a 7:03.xxx

Edit

well, 4 laps today, and i'm consistantly hitting sub 7:10's ... i just can't quite put it all together... a 7:03 is easily in my grasp... but one lap i'll screw up the high speed off camber turn going towared Aremburg.... and the next lap i'll be 5 seconds up, then screw up a series of turns losing 3 of those made up seconds...

no real use posting a new picture, but now im down to 7:06.495

if only i could piece together my time sectors with at the beginning with my good sectors at teh end...

1:17.117
1:45.653

in that third time sector, i know there is another tenth or two...
but on that pace, i could hit 7 flat... damn my mistakes
Old 07-29-2006, 08:20 PM   #156
rave426
Regular User

I feel ya. I down to about 7:15, but im still learning the track.....I keep running of the road and smashing shit. Ha

Anyway I'll be down there with u guys soon.\

Yeah, u should break 7min with your first few sectors. Guess u just making mistakes in the latter part.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #157
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426
I feel ya. I down to about 7:15, but im still learning the track.....I keep running of the road and smashing shit. Ha

Anyway I'll be down there with u guys soon.\

Yeah, u should break 7min with your first few sectors. Guess u just making mistakes in the latter part.
its really wierd when i can run a 7:13 with a full spin-out crash, and terrible lines in some sector...

i can run the back half pretty fast.... but when i do, i usually screw up the first 1/2

keep in mind... before yesterday, a 7:11 was super freekin fast to me... i just needed some motivation to break the mold that a 7:11 was fast..

i know exactly when a corner is going to be fast... and on technical fast sectors, im within 1-2 mph difference from lap to lap.. and on the fast corners, im hitting exactly the same mph exits each time...
Old 07-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #158
alanw89
Regular User

I know theres about another second and a half can come off this. I was three seconds faster than my last lap that was a 7.01.6xx coming onto the last straight then left my braking to late at the end and went off :bad-words:

EDIT:

alanw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #159
TNT
Regular User

does anyone have a time for Apricot Hill Raceway with the Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C?
Old 07-31-2006, 12:29 AM   #160
nthfinity
Regular User

ok, i hit the 7 minute barrier; and over the course of 4 laps went from warm-up 7:08 to 7:06 to 7:03.8 and finally a 7:00.934 !!!!

well, i still may not quite be as fast as you... but i'm damn close!

there was some seconds i lost out on in 3 corners in the back... but with how fast i ran the front half; i didn't want to lose all that speed.

so yeah, with more patience, i could work in a 6:58.. but 7:00 is good enough for today... but hot damn... i think i was on par for a 6:56 if i ran the back as aggressively as the front!

the toughest high speed corners i've perfected finally!

Old 08-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #161
rave426
Regular User

Looks like your improving pretty quick there. I havnt played the last few days, my latest screw up time was about 7:15. I still havnt finished a lap without killing at least 2 walls yet. I get excited and begin to push when I shouldnt.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #162
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hey just curious what is everyone using? Wheel or Joypad? If wheel if you dont mind please tell what kind. I need to get my hands on a DFP but thinking about not since new GT is coming out and the DFP might not be compatibale with it and also bunch of new wheels such as Logitech G25 or something like that?

I keep getting a lousy ass time on the ring of round 7: 30. Havent played that much recently since I hardly get time rite now.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #163
nthfinity
Regular User

rave-

i can't speak for the sub 7 minute guys; but i find that run wayyyy faster with trail breaking, particularly through the tricky high-speed sections. the fast times definately don't come from late braking, but high mid corner speed, and high exit speeds. an extra 4 mph exit will make up a second before the next turn in many cases i think.

the key is to have as little weight transfer as you can, that keeps the rear end from losing grip, and plants the front planted with little to no understeer.

I use a DFP.

joehan uses a standard d-pad to get a 7:10 and less
Old 08-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #164
Vansquish
Regular User

I've been primarily using the standard d-pad for the most part, but I can match times more or less with the DFP.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #165
rave426
Regular User

I use the analog stick.

I usually mess up on the high speed sections when I push to hard, lose traction, catch my rear on the gravel/grass.........and off I go. I'm workign on it though.